1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 years award - how long does BotR actualy exists?

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by IIPhoenixII, Nov 24, 2018.

1. IIPhoenixII

IIPhoenixII

So many of you won't even know me (anymore) since im lurking most of the time in the shadows..

Since i got my 4 years award a couple of days ago i've been wondering how long BotR actualy exists. Couldn't find anything and tbh im too lazy to check what the oldest Thread in here is (if it's actualy still here).
    So do we have founder members here or does someone know how old we are?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Arlt

Arlt the Last Emperor Advisor Legend

@Dartie is the creator of the clan, but I think the most accurate way to get insight into the history of the clan is by looking at this thread:
    http://brigandshaven.net/threads/the-history-of-botr.470/

I might have to update to fit more recent history.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Well the fact is Botr predates this forum, as well as the forum we used before it. If you check out the creation date on http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-clan-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&ClanTag=BotR you can see its may 2012, but thier may well have been activity before then (most notably through the clan Lhot, see the post Arlt linked for info). As I´ve understood it the clans original home was diplomunion, but around 2013 it got its own forum. I joined actively around then (not completely sure about the dates), having been a passive member previously.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. IIPhoenixII

IIPhoenixII

Yeah i've been aware that the forum isnt close to the original founding date. Arlt's link is missing the newer history tho, but that's anyways not what i've been asking for.
    Thanks for the quick reply guys :-)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Well Smyl, who wrote the post in question, hasn´t been active lately so it would need to be updated by someone currently active.
  6. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

BotR has been relatively quiet for the whole of 2017-2018. Not inactive, but quiet.
  7. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Times change, thx god
  8. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Yea i joined in late 2013; at the time i was playing on ENT and accidentally entered an L:TA game (silverhand) - i was so hyped and confused i quit the game and checked it out on single player.
    Saw the clan from Haralds youtube channel and shortly joined.
    A lot of people have stayed on the website and are active despite not playing the game which is amazing.
    The golden ages were in 2014-2015 tho, we had 2 almost full clans with active players and L:TA was still fresh and updated by Marsh every month.
    Hopefully warcraft reforged brings the website to new highs!
  9. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Well Most maps are now broken and WC3 playerbase is kinda dead so not much to do in the game tbh. Keen to grow for Reforged tho things are looking Grim dark considering Blizzard's current status and stock nose dive.
  10. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Most? Like which ones?
    • What? What? x 1