1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Letter From China

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Wipe away the time, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Wipe away the time

Wipe away the time

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi;),I'm from China,I'm back, and glad to be back here.I'm very sorry that every time I post will be very verbose! This time I'd like to ask if you can give us an unencrypted map of LTA in China.

We can't translate all versions,we can only select some appropriate version to work,So after LTA updates,we will follow the update log and player feedback to make some changes.

Before, I would like to gather more LTA BUG feedback and comments, but because Svnms drop out, so we had to abandon the original plan, we intend to use a longer-term perspective to look at this map.

And some bad things happened recently. When I was working on LTA, there was something that caused the map to crash. Unlike previous crashes, I couldn't find the cause of the crash.More than just LTA, LTF also has no way to optimize maps because of it's special encryption.The optimized map will not only reduce the chance of a crash, but the map will become stable.But because of LTF special encryption we can't work.And for some reason, he don't work on Windows10 system.And before compared with the LTF 0.26, the probability of crashes has increased.

Before Svnms asked me: "What can I do to make your translation easier?", I want to say: We need an unencrypted version, and then make the same changes based on the update log.If I have an unencrypted version, I will perform troubleshooting in my spare time to help you find ways to optimize and improve the map.

The position in our team is mainly responsible for translating the magic name and adjusting the balance. now one of our main team "Excalibur" announced that no work be finished, we are very sad because he taught us a lot of knowledge.

My previous post was about to attach two pictures of TF and TA players, but one of my friends didn't agree.HaHaHa...He said: "This will make the production team arrogant, and then will not do a good job."So I didn't send that picture. But Now I think it's best to show it out for you.Look at these two pictures, please remember that one of the player is me because I am a loyal fan of LTA.

LTA:
    MQ0IU{JF1]{$5F)9X@5X)6W.png

LTF:
    QDV3)3}WGW5Q(OREIC~(L%U.png

(LTF lost some players because it can't work on Windows10)

I don't know if you can trust me. If you want to reject my request,just reject it. But I will never steal the LTA map because I will never forgive myself for this behavior.

My ultimate goal is to make LTA and LTF more attractive to players.

I can't guarantee anything,because if you don't trust me,then my guarantee is nothing. But if you want me to promise not to leave the map to someone else or to help you improve the map,then I will guarantee my Promise.If you want to know more about us,please reply me.

So please tell me if you can give me LTA 1.53f.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,570 / 14 / -39
    I'm no longer the editor, but I still wouldn't be able to give the full non-encrypted map even if I was.
    However, there is a suggestion I can make for you.
    You should be somewhat familiar with basic programming since you are suggesting to make a mirror of the updates we make, so using this tool shouldn't be difficult :
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/gmsi-v2-1-16.306242/
    This is a tool that allows you to make scripts that change the objects in the map, often used when there is a lot of repetitive work to do.
    It converts the map into a list of objects, each object has the name property, which is what you are trying to translate.
    So instead of re-translating the whole map every new version, you can make a program that does the translation, something that goes through all the objects in the map, and changes its.

for example, the script to change the name of the footman would be :
    Code:
    Map map = loadMap("LTA.w3x");  //Loads a map to the struct Map
    map.objects.hfoo.Name= "TranslatedNameInChinese";
    map.objects.hfoo.Ubertip = "TranslatedDescriptionInChinese";
    saveMap(map,"TranslatedLTA.w3x"); //Saves the map to a file
    To get the codes for each unit, you can go to the object editor and press "Ctrl + D" :
    Notice how it tells you that the footman's ID is "hfoo", you can use "hpea" for peasant and so on.
    [​IMG]

Once you finish your script, you can save it, then simply apply it for each new version of LTA, only changing the names and descriptions that changed, and adding the units that need to be added if is any such new content.

I do not know if GMSI can open the deprotected maps of LTA.
    The editor could perhaps give you a non-corrupted version, but still a version where the units and triggers are optimized (no units in the map, they get added by automatically generated triggers). But you'll only have access to the objects. and should be able to open the map with GMSI.

Such a map can be generated with Vexorian's Optimizer by ticking everything except "Remove as much WE-only data as possible" (@Yousef)
    [​IMG]

Also, @Marshmalo, @Draupne if you can give us your thoughts and suggestions about this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  3. Excalibur

Excalibur

Ratings:
    +107 / 5 / -2
    LTF0.26 is prone to crash after translation, because the skills appear BUG when translating.
    Retranslating skill files can solve the problem.
    If there is time I will solve this problem.
    I have tried various methods to simplify the translation, but only the most primitive translation method will not cause BUG.
    I lost my interest in translating LTA and LTF so I couldn't provide more.
    You should reintegrate the team.
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +632 / 31 / -34
    Wait, so LTF doesnt work with windows 10? Oh god, finally i know why i can no longer play LTF. Thanks! @Spectator our doubt solved!

Btw, i think that saying: "give me an unprotected map, i want to balance it to make it more attractive to the player" is... A bit stupid/arrogant :D. I mean, one thing is make a translation, the other is change ingame values to balance it!! Quite different one from another :/
  5. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    idk about that i'm on windows 10 and it takes about 1-2 hours before i crash :/
    • This This x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +655 / 16 / -61
    Yea I don't get crash every game instantly, it takes some time to crash. It's not windows 10 but Blizzard's stupidity and shitty patch and them not giving a damn about fixing the Jenkins error https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20763846387 caused by their shitty patch which in turn is destroying custom maps communities which they don't care about in first place.

On a side note, unlike other maps which are just plagued by Jenkin's error. LTF is plagued by Jenkin's error but also plagued by really bad triggers which were not made compatible with 0.27. It is quite common to mass Crash in LTF it has become a meme and stopped us from bothering with LTF on zoom's stream. The other Day We Tried LTF 3 times and all 3 times we all crashed at the same time less than 10 minutes in all. This is LTF's problem tbh.

@Wipe away the time How many people play LTA/LTF in China? Like for example here I would say maximum number of players who play at least 1 game per month is around 300-400 and decaying. Daily I would say its 20-60 depending on the day.

Is there an actual real interest for LTA/LTF in China? Can you provide us with some statistics on how many people are interested and actually LTA in China?

If there is a reasonable population which is higher than the English player-base and they all agree with you, it might be a reasonable offer. Send me a link to Chinese platform and a guide on how I can use it, I want to see actually if people are interested in LTA in China. Otherwise this sounds kinda like you and a few other people just want an un-protected file to roleplay a bit with couple of friends. Not fair.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +632 / 31 / -34
    So u can play in windows 10? Shit... This liar chinese... Played with my hopes :D.

Btw, @Spectator ik why already talked about jenkins error, but... Do u know what causes it? I mean, ik i cant play LTF, i can live without it.. But... You know, i wouldnt notice one day that the map im creating suddenly doesnt work due to jenkins bug. So... If u know what causes it, it would be great to avoid it :D
  8. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +655 / 16 / -61
    No clue tbh, I checked with hive and a lot of other people but they are not sure either. Some guess Blizzard used Jenkins for this patch however forgot to delete a reference to it. The error can't be tracked to it's source since D: Jenkins is not a real directory and does not exist so people can't track what is the actual underlying error.
    It's just like LTA/LTF maps that are affected by it, it's literally almost every custom map. Some believe it to be related to leaks however unlike previous leaks this one is far more sensitivities so it happens more often.(tho I even got this in AWLR and some custom smaller custom maps that never leak which is weird). I and some others think it's got something to do with multiplayer Servers connections where people crash depending on their connection. But truth be told we are clueless, Only Blizzard knows how to fix it and they don't give a fuck. It's been reported 2 months ago. However I understand, That one WOW programmer who is tasked to work on Warcraft 3 when he gets free time properly does not have time to fix errors.
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +632 / 31 / -34
    Jenkins error has nothing to do with multiplayer. Cause it throws me when i end charging ltf in single player. :/
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    I say if they dont announce a warcraft 3 remaster at the next blizzcon we storm the forums and paint this new continent red! I mean we all mass spam the forums till senpai acknowledges us.
    • Funny Funny x 1