1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aerie Peak balance changes

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by qwerty83, Jan 2, 2016.

1. qwerty83

qwerty83

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -4
    I play alot of Dwarves and before I joined I just got back into playing Warcraft 3 again. I just feel like losing Aerie Peak is mandatory, the postion of it is bad and surrounded by enemies. Also I did not know you had to research the Wildhammer upgrade to get you casters and then you lose you casters if you Falstad dies. you also lose your gryphons. I just dont feel its right for Dwarves to lose two of the best units they have so easily and thats it not recoverable. Dwarves might be strong, but this make its a but unfair that no other faction lose their air by losing a building thats hard to defend.

What I would like to be changed: Make Aerie Peak recoverable. Still able to make casters without Aerie Peak/Falstad and Gryphons riders trainable but without chain lighting if Aerie Peak is destroyed. Making Falstad revivable if you recover Aerie Peak could be cool too.
    It's also harder now with another enemy being Dark Horde!

Just my two cents how I see it. Prolly someone that have a good strategy for keeping Aerie Peak and such, but I just feel theres too much risk and too little choice for Dwarves.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +503 / 17 / -73
    1) Cover in the Khaz Modan, let the Horde and DMC to fight each other
    2) Make full upgrades for Gryphons and Wildhammer path
    3) Train maximum Gryphons at Aerie Peak
    4) Rape poor Trolls with chain lighting and hard defence of Aerie Peak
    5) ???
    6) Profit!
    Falstad is nearly unkillable bastard if you controlling him good, what the problem? its easy to not lose him. Enemy air units will be countered with steam tanks.
    (And why Dwarves have 1 Earthen near Ironforge?)
    • This This x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. qwerty83

qwerty83

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -4
    I knew there were strategies. Just wanted show how I see from one angle.
  4. YetAnotherYoutuber

YetAnotherYoutuber Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Harder with new enemy? Do not ever forget that Dalaran usually comes south, and has eagles that combined with gryphons pose as a threat to dmc´s and DH´s flyers.
    Aside from the eagles, constructionists that summon elementals which can attack air, and as stated by kolladan steam tanks which are durable, also attack air

Falstad is the last king, and what happens if you lose king? People stop listening to you via him
    now for the realistic side of falstad - he is the only flying non-god tier hero, that is available from start of the game, that is now with the ability sky kinsmen, unkillable

As i see it - dwarves are supposed to be drawn towards dark iron, as if you become dark iron, you do not care how many heroes ( and thus unit types )
    have you lost so far, you loose all unit limitations ( and steam tanks) in exchange for units that are not bound to heroes or buildings

Do not think i will continue to write that all you propose is bad
    the recoverable aerie peak sounds as a very good idea to me, still i would say that if it would be recoverable, then once x minutes pass from start of the match

in my opinion ( imo ) the aerie peak could become destroyed ruin just as stromguarde ( after getting destroyed for the first time )
    and once stromguarde would be repaired, then the aerie peak ruin would become repairable as well
  5. The Crusader

The Crusader Deus Vult

Ratings:
    +191 / 6 / -41
    You have a very good point, but the one thing I hate is the fucking Dark Iron path in general. I get that they don't wan a four man alliance to stay together, but, personally, with everything I have, I try to avoid the outcome of becoming Dark Iron. They have literally 0 events besides ragnaros, their unit composition is poor, they are overall not that great, they have huge weak points, and they are overall just a very boring path. I believe that aerie peak should be more difficult to siege until there is a good enough reason to go Dark Iron, which I suggested an overhual for that path long ago. Or you know, that wildhammer path anyone?
  6. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,956 / 62 / -137
    More difficult to siege ? It already has Dwarven Keep tower, 2 improved cannon towers and 6 cannon towers if I remember right.
    • This This x 2
  7. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,331 / 9 / -29
    Thats just reality as dwarves. All of your heroes are potentielly unrevivable. All your bases except iron forge are bound to fall.

I think this would be all in good order, if DI was a serious alternative. Today however, it is not, even though I've seen some new changes there.

I usually try to sense if Dg is any good, if hes not you can get a lot of XP from him with the griffins, perhaps even push Jinta. If he has basic wc3 knowledge however he will counter you immediately with batriders. Thats the problem. Its allways surprising how many horde & troll players apperently havent found the ensnare ability yet, and more suprising still that they choose to enter the balance debate even so.

If both horde players are decent yellow is utterly screwed without Dalaran.
  8. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,956 / 62 / -137
    Disagree, dwarves start with like 160 food cap. Have acess to huge gold boost through creeps. Best strategy is to rush Dragonmaw before he can trigger all his events or start lumber operation. If Dark Horde or Horde backstabes you, you have Dalaran or worgen to help you.

Horde will be busy with Dark Horde or tries to rush to Deepholme through sea, making Dragonmaw busy
  9. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,331 / 9 / -29
    I felet like our test game demonstranted quite perfectly how that goes, and that was in a ideal scenario for you (yellow) without trolls threatening Aerie or the northrern creeping. I think its pretty easy to come out on top with horde if its just yellow & brown, but as i said dala and trolls often enter the mix aswell.

Havent played with Dh yet im afraid so cant say anything about that, but think it will mean trouble to both horde and yellow.
  10. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,956 / 62 / -137
    Trolls have no impact. Tactic stays the same. The only difference was ND not being there