1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All aboard the hype train!

Discussion in 'Rift' started by Woodenplank, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Guess who's back?!
    Well the truth is I'vebeen back for a while. But when I returned from South America (which is severalmonthsago) I made a promise to myselfthat I would not post on Brigandshaven or log in on Warcraft 3 until I had fixed something.
    And now that something is fixed. Thus, without further ado, I present to you The Rift Map Project Relaunch! Now... I know most of you are probably beyond caring at this point, and many won'tknow what the hell I'm talking about. But I'm finally just about ready to release my long-time map project "The Rift" - and here I break my map-making legacy, for this is not a crappy remake of Azeroth Wars.

The map is fully prepared now; each team has several unique Heroes, casters, events, and upgrades. And betteryet; this is no rushed alpha release (as was the unfortunate case with WotE). In short; the map is just about ready to go public. And though I haven't been able to test how it plays out in multiplayer (I've only been able to do single player, controlled-testing) I hope to find out!

And so, if people are still willing to give my map making a chance, I would like to arrange an open-beta clan game. And when I say arrange, I do not mean host... I would in fact not like to play the map along with you all.
    For two reasons:
    1. When I play a map that I made people tend to ask me a shit-tonne of questions, and if I'm busy with that, I can't play properly. Also; I will dodge real-time smack-talking the map (Omg that's so f*****g op broken, you suck Woodenplank, f**k you!, etc.) if I'm not there.
    2. If you need the map-maker there to guide youthrough the map, something is wrong with the map. If I personally have to be in every game, this map will never amount to anything. So play the map without me, and if something seems incomprehensible report it to me later.

Until the actual clan game, I'll be reviving the Brigandshaven thread with revisions and additional info, stay tuned for my hype-building-posts! #RiftHypeTrain
    • Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. Arlt

Arlt Administrator Website Admin

I'll be looking forward to playing it!
    @Harald @Spampolice @ZeroFlotsie @EmperorFawful @Tdmien123 @Uther01 @Zerwikaptur @Nalesean @Diego @Mesis @Mangros @Lunelune @Kean @Wrath_icefire @AriusSunKing @Dolksteklar Faplord @Adalennor @FreezingFingers @Draupne @Vidovit and more who I can't be bothered to tag.
    • Like Like x 3
    • This This x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mangros

Mangros Curufinwe

I have been summoned!
  4. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

5. Spampolice

Spampolice The Soulflayer Shaman

ayyy looks predd ygud bb0ss

I'm also a big fan of your approach on playtests.
    Would be lovely to wherever possible avoid the situation with, KTA for example. Where, due to the game being public, it was leaked and unfinished products leaking out lead to the mapmakers feeling obliged to rush the product.
  6. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

Looking forward to playing it. Sounds exciting. :-)
  7. Devolver

Devolver

when the release
  8. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

I am of course very dissapointed that its not a new slightly different azeroth wars... so many acronyms we havent used yet.

But you know we will make do :D. I look forward to try this... when i actually invest in internet for my new place :p.
  9. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

You missed this sad thread
    • This This x 1
  10. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Aw, indeed I did. Apologies.