1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Altered Melee] The War of Worlds

Discussion in 'Custom Ideas for maps' started by GhostOfPast, Feb 15, 2016.

1. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

Hello everyone, there's my main projet that i work on from 3 years.
    It's an altered melee. Mechanics are take from different rts games, mostly Age of empire and Starcarft 2. It's very different than warcraft 3, that's why some people dislike it a bit.
    Anyway, you control there a "world" that you choose at start. Each ones have their advantages and backwards. Mechanics are simplified but allow fast booming and large armies. A player that don't macro enough is a dead player.
    There are also some main "rules" :
    ► There are custom attack/armor types, also a subtractive armor is added : Light : -5 to all damage, Heavy : -10. The final damage can't be lower than 1
    ► You get gold with income. Increased by specific buildings for each worlds.
    ► CP give map-control and a bit of income

The map is in beta. Balance and new features will come later. It's 100% playable.
    For all suggestions, i'll forget all warcraft 3-like ones (heroes+creep+Goldmines), It's not a #%@ing warcraft 3.
    For worlds suggestion, i've already planned 1 new world. It'll be added when i'll finish the balance of these 10 others.
    For more information, check the more complete showcase at Diplomunion : http://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?showcase/the-war-of-worlds.35/

Download the map (latest version, but not the last) 1.2.2.2 : http://www.epicwar.com/maps/262242/
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

New release 1.2.2.4
    ☼Minor balances in the terrain and units
    ☼Some fix in buildings (description, attacks and other statistics)
    ☼Trees 4x less ressources, but rocks are 4x more.
    ☼Amplified ressources quantity

I still follow the project, don't worry about it c:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

o0 it sounds good, is this based off HG wells war of the worlds novel?

I loved the movie with Tom Hanks, A War of the Worlds map was on my list of "maps I want to make but will never get round to making" so good someone else is doing it.
  4. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

The title "The war of worlds" works with my map and his novel, but it have a different signification between these 2, my map is about 10 worlds that connect together at the same time in a RTS-like game, so the novel isn't like my map c:

But everyone enjoy Dragons vs tanks vs zerg
  5. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

Little news there :
    1) the game is resumed, Huge balance are incoming. The map is also less heavy to add more future data.
    2) The game speed is way slower, and its better. Before, people get too many resources and it end with the player who has the greatest amount of economy. Now it's more brutal.
    3) i suggest to put this map to the "custom maps" section if nobody make an objection about anything. The current section is mostly for not-so-developed map/ideas. I think my map crossed this limit long time ago. It's up to you all, buddiesheaven boys.
  6. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

Great news :
    Many units are currently added plus more buildings and abilities for all worlds, for a total of 40% more features !
    System of seperate worlds terrain incomming
    More flexibility and optimization of triggers.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

The terrain is entirely in rework. each world are now separate and portals opens between them during the game.
  8. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast Map Maker

Welp, i forgot that forum. Let's update a bit ehehe
    1) All worlds separated, two players max for each worlds, their pop cap split between them of the same world
    2) 2 player by worlds, 10 worlds so 20 players max !
    3) Random connections occurs between picked worlds : 11mn of closed, 8mn of pairs of worlds connected, 8mn of closed, 8 mn of groups of 3 worlds etc... until all worlds are connected !
    4) More features for each worlds : units, buildings, abilities and techs. Everything is more flexible !
    5) The old portal system is locked until further large updates. For now each worlds have a portal in their upright corner.
    6) Large optimizations : more compact code, more efficient and almost completly converted into JASS.
    7) Still ongoing with new planed features : Main world abilities, (re)introduction of ultimate units, ...

The latest version is at the moment i write the 1.3 Alpha 29 (the 30 needs some fixes to be fully released). Don't forget that the showcase at diplomunion is the more up to date compared tp this topic.
    • Like Like x 1