1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Existent Editor Applicants?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Fatcat, Aug 3, 2018.

?

Do you believe this Map will return?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2018.
  1. Yes.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -4
    This is a Map the size of SCII Custom Game. Its also chock full of Triggers/Factions and great Terrain. But that comes at a Ample Price. You can only have a skilled Editor. So far the only Editor applicant. I have seen is EmpressAzshara an Obvious Joke. Which leads me to believe this Map is Dead and not going to come back. So uh yeah this Map is most Definitely screwed unless you sell rights to It to EA then they can make the Worst most Cash Grab Map with the Name LTF EA. Cast your Vote if I got the Damned thing right its a Simple yes/no Answer.
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
  2. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara UoS Chieftain Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +773 / 69 / -141
    kys im skilled
    • This This x 1
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +645 / 33 / -34
    You can be a skilled joke :D
  4. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,827 / 13 / -10
    Make Gracia editor

What's the worst that can happen amirite
  5. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Some maps got updated a good few years later, I know its not a relief but hope is the last thing you should lose.
    Maybe Blizzard will eventually make the editor a more optimal tool, it has always been a powerful tool yet clunky if you had no idea what you were doing.
  6. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    Wait till Blizzcon this year, if they dont have any news about Warcraft 3 remaster or a Warcraft 4 when its a prime time to release the information and to actually do it with current events, it will never happen. So lets see if Blizzard does what the community wants.
  7. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    There (hopefully) will be a new version, the list of completed tasks is already quite large, but I am currently working on 3 different maps rigth now so peple can't expect anything soon.

Things should be easier to edit LTF now as @SvnmS has kindly agreed to help with bugs and we are both using an OLD version of the editor which is more stable for edting large maps like this.

My main focus with LTF is just to "fix it" right now and rework some content, and maybe new content can come later.

I wish they would just tell us what they were doing, whether theres going to be a WC4 or a remaster so we can plan accordingly :(
  8. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Would be a terrible mistake if they announce it this year imo. It will collide with AoE4 Remaster and also with WoW BFA. Imo the best release date would be 2020 not 2019 so I don't think they will announce this year Blizzcon. With a remake of an old game it's much better to announce quickly and release the game shortly after to get the players into the nostalgic feeling by surprise. Sorta like Starcraft Remaster (they have been working on the game for a year but release only 2-months after announcement) Long wait will just lose that.

Also they confirmed they must tweak and fix Warcraft 3 first before remastering it. I think they have the team learning ins and outs of WC3 first and experimenting right now while planning for the Remaster. It is probably in early planning phase atm not production.

It's almost 100% a remake. WC4 involves making an entire game play change e.g difference of WC2 and WC3 which would involve massive work and creativity. Plus also a new story line and which messes up with WoW story line. So pretty much a no no

A remake is probably it. They won't wanna mess over with mechanics of melee so I highly doubt they ll touch that apart from graphics. There will probably be a new campaign. This can include events in the past WoW or during WoW. e.g Scarlet Crusade. But won't collide with Main story lines or change them. Sorta like a prequel or side story. They can also introduce new models and game-play mechanics here. They might also rework and expand on the original campaigns also. Apart from that it will majorly be graphical and utility updates. I had a discussion about it on Hive if you are interested. Note that most of this stuff e.g Reconnect system, Proper platform, matchmaking, ladder, map sharing etc. Is not future technology. It already has been made by Netease which has license to distribute WC3 in China and has made the WC3 free to play (legally). You should check it out. LTA usually has 100-160 players playing there. Far better than it ever has and had on MMH. Also when you look at it from Netease view WC3 is not even close to dead. Legion TD alone has 9000-12000 players playing pretty much all the time. So Blizzard won't be ignoring WC3. I think WC3 will get a proper remake rather than just a HD makeover like the one on Starcraft.

Problem imo is mainly also the guides. Blizzard doesn't have any guides on it themselves. And also there is not like a well detailed single guide you can just go through and get a nice grasp of the editor. Information about it is really scattered and you have to go through a lot of stuff you don't need to find the guide you want. Also most of the guides are extremely old and in pure text. Where as video tutorial would be optimal way to learn editing (there are some good ones but extremely few). Yes true you can always get someone at hive to make a complex trigger you want or you can go copy someone else's code or spell from their map. But that's not really the point. If you don't actually understand how they are created, you can't really change or make new ones and eventually you ll ran into trouble.
  9. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara UoS Chieftain Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +773 / 69 / -141
    Give map to empress azshara for quality editing
  10. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -4
    This is why I think this Map is doomed.