1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arugal's Worgen - A Solo Path for Worgen

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by CazDawg, Jan 3, 2017.

1. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

Ratings:
    +470 / 49 / -76
    ARUGALS WORGEN

MUST BE WORGEN TO USE THIS PATH.
    Arugal.jpg

STORY:

After Arugal's tremendous failure in the Third War, having summoned the Worgen which fought the Scourge, the magi of Dalaran and the Gilneans, causing the Curse to spread to Gilneas itself. Arugal flees to Shadowfang Keep to gather the Worgen to serve him and practice his void magics.

Arugal's Worgen path will have strong casters and frontline which utilises the forces that Arugal summoned from extra dimensions such as Voidwalkers. Worgen will keep most of their original units, but they lose the ability to create Gilnean troops and introduces a new spellcaster unit, 2 melee units, 2 new heroes, and a change to Arugal.

This path will be researchable after 30 minutes into the game. This gives you the choice of either staying with the Alliance or to follow the dark magics of Arugal. This faction will also allow you to PERMANENTLY summon Goldrinn to the world. It also gives complete control of Tal'doren, the Tree of Blackwald.

This will cause purple to become a solo faction and gain Shadowfang Keep (Silverlaine Keep), this will cause Silverlaine Keep to transport you into a base inside the building. This will give Arugal 1 level and 1 level when he summons Goldrinn permanently and heroes in the path will be based off Arugal's level.

EVENTS:
    Goldrinn:
    Arugal's new found powers to summon stronger powers has allowed him to permanently summon Goldrinn to terror the world of Azeroth.
    Goldrinn must be level 10 for Arugal to summon him permanently to Azeroth.
    Garwal:
    Arugal is able to go to Howling Fjord to rescue Garwal from his hiding and recruit the alpha worg into Arugal's ranks.
    Garwal will be a demi-hero acquired by taking Arugal to the top left of the Howling Fjord.

HEROES:

This will let you keep Archmage Arugal Shadowfang, who will receive a few different spells but Lorna cannot be captured. You will gain 2 heroes; Fenrus the Devourer and Wolf Master Nandos. Fenrus the Devourer is a massive wolf that is the pet of Arugal and Wolf Master Nandos is said to be the Pack Leader of Arugal's Worgen.

Fenrus' abilities;
    Roar of the Devourer - Howl of Terror
    Toxic Saliva - Soul Burn but green
    Deadly Claws - Charge and does crit damage
    Anger of the Devourer - Avatar (A purple tint?)
    Fenrus' is tied to Arugal
    Strength Based Hero

Nandos' abilities;
    Packleader of the Worgen - Summons 6/8/10/12 worgs (lesser worgen)
    Lupine Ferocity - Mass bloodlust, active ability (not aura)
    Wavering Will - Aura that decreased movement and attack speed by 5% per level
    Howls of the Worgen - Tranquillity
    Agility Based Hero

Arugal's abilities;
    From the Void - Summons 8 Lesser Voidwalkers/ 6 Voidwalkers/ 4 Greater Voidwalkers/ 2 Elder Voidwalkers
    Silence of the Great Dark - Silence
    Brilliance of the Archmage - Brilliance Aura
    Fire and Brimstone - Original ability
    Arugal is tied to Shadowfang Keep
    Intelligence Based Hero

NEW UNITS:

Voidwalker;
    Shadow Shield - A lightning shield
    Suffering - Taunt
    Cheap Melee Unit

Voidcaller;
    Void Durability - Resistant Skin
    Shadowfury - AoE knockback (not sure if possible)
    Expensive Melee Spellcaster
    LIMIT - 8

Void Summoner;
    Protection of the Void - +3 armour to friendly unit, autocast
    Crippling Horror - Cripple
    Calling on the Void - Summons a lesser voidwalker, casts when Protection of the Void is cast
    Medium Cost Caster

I feel like Purple is the man who gets left behind, the one who gets the short end of the stick. He can be left in a position with no allies and has to fend for himself. With the options of a path for Dalaran being very limited, I thought I should create a suggestion for Worgen. I've played many games recently as worgen and I feel as if they can get completely steamrolled without allies and I feel this path will give them a secure base and the required needs to survive on their own.​
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Excalibur

Excalibur

Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -0
    The rise of werewolves?
  3. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei Meme Goddess Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,010 / 100 / -173
    no
    they said purple is the core member of the alliance and wont get a solo path
    holy shit
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • This This x 2
  4. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

Ratings:
    +184 / 15 / -28
    When you are the one man left out in the cold night with nobody but yourself fighting against factions who can and will smack you downis it really that wrong?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  5. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei Meme Goddess Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,010 / 100 / -173
    more like
    dalaran solo path pls
  6. Thebig061

Thebig061 Hunter of Kal'Dorei Fans

Ratings:
    +73 / 12 / -21
    And there we go.Now all members of alliance can have solo paths.
  7. Uther01

Uther01 Straight thuggin. Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,256 / 117 / -160
    lol not like worgen are stong and now even
    Permanent goldrinn
    #balance
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

Ratings:
    +470 / 49 / -76
    Think of it as a God tier hero. :p
    EDIT: To be honest, it is hard to achieve, to get a hero that is only temporarily out up 4 levels.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  9. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker L:TA Dev

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 19 / -46
    The only time I'd include something like this for either Worgen or New Dalaran is when they're alone. Even then it's unlikely to happen.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,682 / 60 / -49
    I don't feel like this path focuses on worgen to much, rather void magic. Might just be me. anyways the worgen path in lta is currently strong enough but what it lacks is something to deal with air from enemies and i don't feel like this path fixes that problem. Also making shadowfang keep the main base is a terrible idea, its a horrible base to defend, not even worth it i would say. Like the hero suggestions and spells for them
    • This This x 7