1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arugal's Worgen - A Solo Path for Worgen

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by CazDawg, Jan 3, 2017.

1. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

Ratings:
    +601 / 48 / -80
    Those advantages still pale in comparison to the late game powers like Dark Horde and Legion.

I suggested this for them as a lone player, not as a member of the Alliance. If all the rest of the Alliance players have gone their solo paths, Worgen is ultimately pushed back to Gilneas by the stronger factions.

You also saying that if you are left in a circumstance where you are left alone that nothing should be done about it. This happens in far too many games to be written off as "better off next time, play a different faction".
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +2,700 / 24 / -105
    Depends. Noone argues in Dark Horde having to get nerfed and far by my knowledge Legion will recieve a huge nerf with their infernals in the next patch.
    Plus, I think that Purple, who got betrayed by the rest of his alliance members has to potential to hold alone as Worgen.

You can't balance a game around "What if one of my ally disconnects and two betray me" or similiar situations. Especially LTA can't get balanced by these means.
  3. CazDawg

Ratings:
    +601 / 48 / -80
    I think DH and Legion will be strong no matter what, especially with Bleed. Worgen can hold but I have experienced both as Worgen and seen that late game powers just walk into Gilneas and steamroll through the base. One time I was faced with a Dark Horde at my gates I was fully upgraded/ had Faerie Dragons mana flared, spammed frontline, used spirit link on bears and all of my heroes abilities but to no avail. Dark Horde just out sustains you with Bleed and other buffs like Magtheridons heal and aura (not to mention Fire and Brimstone).

It just doesn't make sense to me that the rest of the Alliance can betray and have solo paths, but purple cannot.
  4. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

Ratings:
    +227 / 11 / -38
    I am never posting something like this again.Supporting Kaldorei is the worst decision you ever make.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Zafiro

Zafiro

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -1
    Definitely worgen deserves a solo path at least if everyone left him first, but i dont agree whit this solo path
  6. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -2
    I meant the whole worgen being on par with legion and dark horde with the worgen path, not the current worgen. IF they implimented this path, they would be on par with them, which isnt appealing. Thats all i wanted to clear up
  7. CazDawg

Ratings:
    +601 / 48 / -80
    But that's the point, so they don't get utterly crushed by them...
    • This This x 1
  8. Onetroll

Onetroll Brigand

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I mean, if you're a solo path, you should at the minimum be able to 1v1 another solo path effectively. I'm in favor of anything that breaks up the "Broken Alliance" ;).
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -2
    The thing is, they SHOULDNT be able to ( in my opinion by the way ). They start off with 3 allies and is the support of the entire alliance. They can support so well mainly because of mass teleport.

Now, once they lose all their allies, should mass teleport be exchanged for something better? To that i say yes. But i dont think thats enough for ANOTHER solo faction. When you look at all the other 3 factions in the alliance that have solo paths, you see that they have a hard time holding their ground. Light blue is vs grey and can be decimated, and if your allies dont come, your solo path is scarlet. For red, your main enemy is either grey or dark green, as they can decide to defend quelthalas or take over it. If their allies don't come, illidari ( slightly stronger blood elves, not entirely solo ), and if they are cunts, fel elves. With yellow, if your having a hard time south and nobody decides to help you, dark iron.

But purple...he doesnt exactly have any real threat on his domain. If he goes new dalaran, no scourge will dare to attack him early. If he goes worgen...he probably won vs pink...because lets face it, worgen > undead for some reason.

Do you see a common pattern? The other factions get solo paths that are ideal to use when their allies dont help. Whose main job is it to teleport and help? purple. If purple doesnt go around and help his allies out, preventing them from going solo, then he'll end up being alone. Him being solo is kind of like punishment for failing to help his allies ( unless all his allies just went solo because they wanted to anyways...which in that case your just unlucky ).

I don't see a reason for purple to get a stronger path for being unable to keep the alliance together. Maybe a small buff at best.

You know what, i might be completely wrong and may have analyzed the situation of the alliance factions incorrectly. But im semi-confident in how i analyzed it.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei Shaman of UOS Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 82 / -198
    use paragraphs
    • This This x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1