1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashes Of Creation

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Mesis, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

[​IMG]

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that Ashes of Creation will be doing a stress test for their battle royale action combat test to everyone who is registered on their website. It is estimated to be on 5th

Feel free to sign up on the website through my referal link https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Mesis/

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

3. Arlt

Arlt Brigand Legend

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Cool name.
  5. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

"No. This is a non-faction based game. Players are open to interact with anyone and everyone."
    This plus the graphics and combat are making it look a lot better than WoW already.

However what I'm interested tho is how they deal with pay2win and No life-grind to win issues (literally using bots or paying Chinese workers to farm for you so you can win). Nearly all MMO's are plagued with those two systems and being smart or having good skills does not matter one bit with them. The first MMO to fix that will have my interest.
  7. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Game is supposed to be subscribtion based + cosmetic microtransaction (not sure if they will stay after the actual release). No idea about the other thing, as for the grind to win I honestly dont have enough information and I doubt there is any available to this topic.
  8. Spampolice

mesis doesn't know what he's talking about. Pay2Win will not be a thing, this is one of the pillars of the game. Steven Sharif, the guy who made the company and idea was a renowned guild-leader in Archeage, and his experiences in that game are primarirly what drove him to make this. Archeage was AWESOME. However, it was plagued by pay2win rng and dumb shit galore.

As far as no-life grind goes, I honestly am not sure what you mean. If I spend 20 hours farming materials, ferrying them to somewhere else on the map for another 4 hours, and thus make a HUGE amount of cash. I'm obviously going to make more than someone who farmed for 4 hours and sold it locally. Similarirly, grinding something for a longer time equals a higher chance of it dropping? When it comes down to it, bots will never be efficient since they can realisticly not flood the market.

Say bots are farming a particular kind of trees, and then running out to some island to go sell it and make gold to then sell on. If that is the case, I and others can just grab a ship, and be pirates. Steal the chinese booty before it's sold, then sell it ourselves. In this sort of sandbox game effort = payoff. But being really, really fucking good and having a good team-comp also means you can just get by through stealing other peoples shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

This sounds pretty cool then! I'm honestly happy to pay a high flat fee and sub so I don't have to deal with pay2win BS. I know it's impossible to fully stop pay2win due to secondary markets but as long as economic mobility is high and developers are constantly making an effort to make them game fair. I'm all for it.

Yea that I agree that makes sense. I was mainly talking about the level of Grind. I'm talking about if they are gonna have also places where grinding is harder and chance of dying is high but also reward is high. Also if will there be constantly changing and balanced grind spots so you gotta be smart to know when and where to grind. Usually with some MMOs you only have like few places supreme for grinding and you are a roleplayer for going to other places. I'm mean also fine with safe farming existing but It's kinda not fair where the guy who was just one shotting mobs with no risk gets the same loot as the guy who was on the verge of death and had to use all effort to kill the mobs.

Wait what??? LOL You can seriously do that??? That actually sounds fucking awesome! I'm quite excited to see how the PvP turns out!
  10. Spampolice

FUCK YEAH IT SOUNDS COOL WHY DO YOU THINK WE'RE HYPED.

As far as the grind goes, no one knows exactly how it's going to turn out. But, we can make a educated guess based on what they've said thus far. As far as PvE content goes, we just don't know. As far as materials go however.. Since there is no map-wide auction-house, and everything is localized. This means that, lets say for example I do nothing but dive for rare pearls in the corner of the top right of the map. And travel for hours back and forth to sell these exceedingly rare bastards in the south-west, I'll be risking life and limb for pirates, bandits and god knows what else. But jesus fuck the payment, compared to just for example fishing, and selling that locally. Should be good. - Of course, I intend to organize as many of us and any others we can find into a proper guild with some level of co-operation to make lotsa dolla dolla and actually have influence in a, or several cities. Thus, no single person should in theory have to do everything.

also yeah d'uh. It's partially based on how ArcheAge worked, which had a stellar trading-system combined with open world PvP, which this does aswell. Should be absolutely godamn magnificent to just sail around and steal peoples shit if we're good enough.
    • Like Like x 1