1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashes Of Creation

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Mesis, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Holy Shit you are right! I read and watched videos about the game. The concept sounds fucking Awesome! Killing other people and taking their loot in the open world, Having Freaking Guilds and even Nodes declaring War on each other. having player built economy and even stock markets. AND HOLY SHIT RAIDING OTHER PEOPLE CARAVANS AND TRANSPORT SHIPS!

It even will have an OCE server at lunch for scrubs like me at the other end of the world! (not sure If I can server to other regions tho?) The pay2win, botting and gold selling issue won't be a problem now that I understand how the system will be designed. Unless Literally AGI level, bots won't have a chance. The class system also looks amazing. Fucking 64 different options! It's like being at an ice cream shop and wanting all the ice creams. Glad I found out about this early. I don't even really like MMOs but I got really high hopes for this!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

told you this shit is gon b gud.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Spectator

Damn the game gets boring interesting the more I learn and think about it. Imagine the following scenario.

As a mayor or King you can make trade deals with other nodes. The once complete you can leak the allied Node's Caravan information to some mercenary pirate scum you hired and coordinate an attack. They can then raid allied Nodes main Caravans and sharing ton of the loot with you and also slowing down other node's progress. You can then blame the lost Carvans's on another node or frame someone else.

Man the amount of potential for political conflicts, deception, diplomacy and framing this game provides is freaking amazing! THE SENATE WILL BE PROUD!

Also damn you, why told me about this game now instead of release!??!?! Now I have to wait impatiently for a year till lunch!

jk, It's nice to know about this early and look forward to.
  4. Spampolice

SUFFER WITH THE REST OF US

and uh yeah. I'm looking forwards to running a guild, or group of people who on the face act as a de facto trade-league between cities, organizing high profit trade and protection. While also pirating the living fuck out of any non-sanctioned trade. good times.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Arlt

Arlt Brigand Legend

6. Spampolice

more like

I'm 100% making my main called ' Blackjack '. Yarr, me mateys.
  7. Arlt

Arlt Brigand Legend

We will be the scourge of the sea.
  8. Spectator

I keep finding out more about this game and the cooler becomes!!

You can turn to monsters and Bosses and attack other players! WTF! That sounds awesome.

Apparently there will be 4 types of nodes. Economic, Military, Divine and Scientific. all sound pretty damn cool.

The game has not even started yet and I already feel like making the right choice here is impossible. All them sound pretty good and useful. Which node you reckon? @Spampolice
  9. Spampolice

Turning to monsters and what not was mentioned offhanded, and I figure that's just a. During certain events, you can participate as the AI opponent for some minor reward, should be cool tho.

As far as different kinds of cities, if memory serves.. In addition to minor bonuses, and appearance. The major thing will be how leadership is done in said cities. Where a military one has a dictator, a economic one a oligarchy or councill. A divine one they mentioned having a "miniature pope", and scientific I'd imagine full democracy.

obviously we're starting a pirate dictatorship, with yours truly as the scourge of the high seas. yarr.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Spectator

Yea still sounds damn. I always wanted to be a monster AI, I'd do it for free anyways.

They also somewhere said during sieges or attacks bunch of summoners can group up together and summon massive monstrosities or Golems. This has not been confirmed yet but I have good guess those summons might allow for direct player control as well.

I agree the cities leadership went something like that. Military one election is gladiatorial Mak'gora mode with the ruler being the most alpha. Economic one is sorta like US so you can buy your way up and the richest will have control so expect a lot of traders there. Divine leader is apparently chosen based on who is the most try hard in complex questing and how much effort one uses improving the node rather than self. And yea scientific one is full democracy so watching political campaigns take place will be cool and funny as hell. #THE SENATE!

Also winner, was wondering why that masterpiece was not linked earlier!