1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashes Of Creation

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Mesis, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Ziad4000

Ziad4000

am I the only one disappointed by the graphics ? I mean for example BDO have much better graphics and GW2 style is much better , i'm still exited for this one also my bet is on Lost ark it looks far more polished.
  2. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

True the graphics and style don't look that good for combat. (tho environment is still pretty awesome imo). Tho Graphics and the style is something that gets more polished over time as the art team does not have much else to do.

However graphics, lore or combat does not concern me one bit with this game. I wouldn't even care if this game looked liked minecraft. And as history foretold graphics, lore and fancy animations DO NOT matter much when it comes to making great and popular games. Supreme and interesting game design ideas and game play is the ONLY thing that matters. (Fortnite cough cough).

And if you read about any of their game play systems. (Economy and trade, Caravans and naval raiding, governments types, guild wars and alliances, open world pvp, node development, open world PvP, class system, religion system etc etc). You would fall in love instantly with the game like I did. Unlike every other MMO this game is doing something very different. It's bringing in innovation in game-play instead of just copying WoW and changing graphics and animations like every other MMO.

This is the only MMO every I think I as a player MATTER and my actions affect the world. Pretty much every other MMO is just a theme park with a few of "mini games" and cookie cutter stuff. And as soon as they stop adding new mini games the theme park is a graveyard within a year. (Warlords of Draneor). Ashes on the other hand is a game run by players. Devs could leave this game for years and no one will get bored cause the player interactions and the content the players bring to the world where as other MMOs I wouldn't even care if there was other players in it or not.

I would not worry much at all about graphics, lore, animations and other fancy stuff. They can be easily improved over time and are not what makes a game great. Game-play and game design does and Ashes right now is looking far superior to any game I've looked at.

Also No pay2win like BDO. Thank god.
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

• Like Like x 1