1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWLR

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Enclop, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Excalibur

Excalibur

Yes.I'm a LR player, too.
    I also hope that LR will be rejuvenate.
    But LR may need better terrain.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

I suppose one can talk about LR all we want, but I guess Whats really required is that you start hosting the map regularly.
    • This This x 2
  3. Lordsebas

Lordsebas

Yeah, i started doing that! Towards the end of Zoom stream, i start streaming myself editing and playing the game. Yesterday, there was 3 simultaenous filled game of AWLR! My goal will be to host it at least twice every day.
    I am currently streaming and hosting the game daily between 1-3pm EST. Version 2.04 is still in the testing phase, but we update and bug fixe daily, so the release approaches quickly. www.twitch.tv/casualnoob123
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

I said 30 dollars AUD not Euro xd. Quite expensive for a game that old, you can get CoH2 which is 2015 half the price of that. It doesn't make sense for a game to have it's release price in 2003 to be still the same price in 2018 lol!

Meh Blitz screwed up hard with marketing of Warcraft 3. The game was one of the best games ever made in history. However the Marketing sections of it sucked so it never made enough money for Blitz to bother advancing on it a lot more.

There was a Fixed price for it only, No in game purchases of cosmetics which was a massive missed opportunity. Nothing to support the mod makers through contracts or partnership deals with Blitz (something like Twitch), which was another massive wasted opportunity and could have incentivesed a lot of map makers to still continue updating their mods.

However the biggest missed opportunity was that the game was meant only to be sold to US and few other first world countries. The price to buy was too expensive for most second world and third world countries so the game got torrented in all those countries and rarely if ever purchased. Garena and a lot of other third party Hosts actually became a better hosting platform than battle net itself.

Blitz and WC3 team deserved and could have received a lot more money for WC3 which would have resulted in further updates and expansion of the franchise but unfortunately their marketing tactics were poor. Can't really blame them tho as nobody really expected WC3 to be this big and expect people to actually pay for games.
    • This This x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have bought w3 three times in my life, since its release long years ago, till somw months ago when i bought it on steam. And i dont regtret any pond spent on it. This game is one of those few that deserves its price, once and again. One of the best games ever created, and probably the one i have played more With medieval 2 total war.
  6. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Bruh, this game came out in 2002, the frozen throne in 2003, twitch was created in 2011 it's precursor justin.tv was created in 2007. That is 4 years after wc3 was released. How in the hell? The marketing section sucked? Warcraft 3 was THE MOST POPULAR GAME http://www.ign.com/articles/2002/07/22/warcraft-iii-shatters-sales-records in the US when it was released. Guess what, ofcourse they didn't sell in third world countries, those fuckers didn't have any pc's that were able to run this game. No in game purchases or cosmetics, only became a real source of income with the coming of mainstream mobile games. Which is somewhere around 2005-6. Warcraft 3 did a shitton for blizzard. It basically paid for WoW its release 1 year later. Learn your facts. Do some reading before you start shouting out random shit ;)
    • This This x 4
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Exactly, Warcraft 3 created WoW. Simply, due to 2 keys: the money they got from w3 sales allowed them to create WoW and they created WoW to get profit from its sales to the HUGE amount of Warcraft players and fans of its lore.
  8. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

calm ur tits bro, just saying they could have profited so much more if they added in game purchases so release money wouldn't be all they get and the game could sustain and keep going while more people in third world countries would purchase as time passed.

If it was well done profitable WC3 wouldn't be in graveyard now, would have updates and possibly WC4 and WC5. Plus Blitz would have managed earn huge sums from partnership with modders which was huge missed opportunity
  9. Szons

Szons Manetho's Heir

Iliya the problem is (or luckily not) that in 2002 most game was in premium mod (1 payment). If WC3 was relesed today we propably have to pay at least 1000 dolars to get all skins to every units/heroes :D. Game bussines changed during the years and wc3 is good example for this. Anyway you should its not main topic of tgis thread.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

I had a pc in 2005 in a what you could consider 3rd world countries which ran the game no problem.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018