1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balance : The aftermath Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Balance: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Mar 9, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Post all feedback and general suggestions here !
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Where is Balance the Aftermath Balance thread? :D
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
  3. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

Also i forgot to mention how useless Marsh's Q is summon a water elemental with stun (you have 10000 stuns/slows in game already for such valued map maker and basically Mother of every good macro map except AW she should match Spinel in his abilities her aura was okay,flamestrike's range is kay but her having cloud ??3 of her abilities have basic units not strike but pyromancer or however they were called have Rain of chaos/fireballs so that matches that)
    Harald his W (frost arrow on melee?? Cmonbruh) If you really want that then give him Frostmourne as item with frost arrow effect as mentioned above there are too many slows etc for heroes to have those other then that he's okaish.
  4. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

What is this heresy ? are you implying that Balance the Aftermath could be unbalanced ?!

The stun on the elementals is a bonus, the point of those summons is attacking or absorbing damage, if they are not good enough they can be buffed.
    That cloud is a silence in addition to the attacks missing. But it serves mainly as an undispellable silence.
    I think you overstimate Spinel's hero ? But if he is indeed too good, then he will get nerfed !
    Harald's W is based on frost arrows because it allows me to add more damage through it, and I can't have heroes start with items and others not.
  5. Robovision

Robovision

I got hero called Hawk. He had ability to add +9999 armor to all unit around. But spell last like 10 sec and cooldown is also 10 sec so it almsot permanent. Its OP.
  6. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

One hero instead of 3, or max 2 heroes.
    air units shouldn't be able to cp snipe.
    would prefer faster unit building speed to avoid having 10 baracks late game for spam.
    towers should cost food to avoid spam late game.

i also feel that after the early game fun the game becomes stale for FFA since most people have huge resources so maybe a winning condition should be set?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

The huge amounts of income are the biggest problem. I'll be limiting the number of castles to 1 and keeps to 3 and make them take slightly longer to build.

Air units will cost 4 to 6 food (gyro hawk and gryphon)

Tower spam shouldn't be an issue after the income becomes reasonable.

And then some hero balancing.

And yes, only 1 hero or 2 max is what I'll do
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Also som hero tweaks maybe, early charm is a bit silly for example. And that silence-ish ability that stops all attacks. Also just me who found the slow from spearmen a bit op?
  9. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Early game is great and fun, probably the best part of the game.
    Midgame is also kinda fine.

The issues I found out was mainly the lumber>gold transfer which accelaretes the amount of resources you can get and change into midgame. Way too many resources in the game.
    Counters are a bit wonky, the amount of units are okay but most of them have similiar roles example: rifleman, archer, skirmisher

Also the mapsize, There were 3 players between Deathknell and Gilneas and the space inbetween felt huge. Might will definetly be great with 24 players but on 12 it feels way too huge
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

The Replay

Attached Files: