1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balance : The aftermath Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Balance: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Mar 9, 2018.

1. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Here's my input:
    • Limit the heroes to one. Three is overkill and I feel that two is also too much. Make it more about units instead of heroes, even with two heroes it's a bit of hero squadding when they have summon abilities and such.
    • Gyrocopters attacking control points is too much. It shouldn't be possible. Not even mentioning the mass flying, even with increasing their food supply, the air units have the best mobility in the game, so your ground units can't match them. The map has simply far too many moutanins and impassable terrain to make it worth chasing or anything. There is a reason why flying units are limited and it should stay like that imo.
    • Rebalancing of heroes, some are OP others are close to useless. For example Hawk's Q roar every 15 seconds that lasts 11 seconds? Nope. You can dispell this shit, but the problem is that how frequently you have to do that. Same thing goes with Spinel's fear. Things like that have to be changed.
    • Economy... the main problem with the game is that you can hit so big amounts of resources (I think at the game end I had 90k gold and 70k lumber). There has to be some limits on how much you can gain, limit on peasants and the best cp upgrades.
    • Late game is terrible because the map is simply too big. Even if you nerf the economy, players will be holding around 15 CPs and that will be enough for them to keep spamming armies, thus making the game pointless as it will become stalemate. Something has to be made to make the map smaller and force players to fight over certain objectives. I actually think what blizzard did with gold mines and etc is the best way to solve it. Because of the fact that at one point resources will run out, you effectively make the map smaller and force the players to fight over the resources. In this map and in LTA you just have stable economy, and even if player destroyes it, you still can rebuid it in almost no time.
      At the beggining everything is nice and fun, because there are a lot of players to contest huge lands, as the game goes on, and players get eliminated, the map size and resources/income stays the same (or even increase as in case of income), but number of players is reduced dramatically - making current victory condition boring and tiresome.
    • This This x 2
  2. lynkanek

lynkanek

lengthen the time of units training in late game (+ 20% per 10 minutes or smth) to avoid such spam as it was in forum game
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

That would just make you build more barracks
  4. BuzanandFriends

BuzanandFriends The Sub-par mapmaker. Brigand

Make an RP Version. because why not, plus we need a map someone can be fucked to edit unlike the guy who made Azzy RP.
  5. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong "I AM MAL'GANIS! I AM ET... oh a butterfly"

I say to hell with the rules and just add and adjust never remove. Would kinda fit the spirit of LTA/LTF.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

@SvnmS Replay from the last forum game

Way too much gold (creeps give a crap ton)
    Lumber is very scarce, kinda in the perfect balance I would say, lumber operations need to be balanced properly
    More in the replay

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  7. lynkanek

lynkanek

And as in previous forum game, in a late game it turned into purespam
  8. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

when we gonna see orcs :eek:? we should have all kinds of races! imma start hosting this and get it to be popular.
  9. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Not now, not now, don't rush things, current concept is terrible.
    Wait until I release the next version then host it.
  10. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

I havent tried it yet, but i want something new i'm getting burned out on LTA :( and the whole azeroth wars / lta sorta thing. This might be something though :eek:. But would be awesome is like 24 different races to pick from to humans, dwarves, elves, night elves, orcs, goblins, taurens, naga, tuskkar (as an easter egg sorta thing), etc..