1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balance : The aftermath Hero Suggestions

Discussion in 'Balance: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Mar 9, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Post here any requests for heroes or hero concepts you have in mind.
    Posting all the abilities is not necessary, a model and the general feel of the hero is enough.

Also, for the time being, please post only human/elven/dwarven heroes as these are the races available in the game.
    Undead heroes can also be suggested as that is the race I will be implementing next.
    So avoid Orcs and Night elves for now.
  2. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

A demon hunter named uther01 :p (with illidan model)
    Q: forked lightning
    W: wind walk
    E: critical strike
    R: Inferno with the unit emperorfawful
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Are we assuming that all the heroes mentioned in previous thread will be implemented or should we repost them here?

I will probably repost anyway since I now know to what map they are going to be designed

Also how to you search for models on hive?
  4. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

A hero with wind walk and critical strike and no other tanking/damage dealing skills feels weird as both of those will be somewhat useless if he isn't tanky. Your hero feels like an agility hero with burst (forked lightning) and support (inferno) spells, and two real agility hero spells that wouldn't work beacause nothing complements them. I don't mind you getting the demon hunter model, but I'll tweak the abilities.

I take inspiration from the previous thread, as well as this one, but often will not implement the heroes as they are suggested exactly, unless I feel they fit the way they were suggested.
    I also prefer not adding models unless really necessary.
  5. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Well since you said it would be a dreadlord I came up with some skills that could be cool and not necessarily hard to create. I'd like it to be a fully offensive hero with little to nothing defensive.

Mainstat Strength with high str gain per lvl. Lower agi. But even lower int
    Q: Finger of Pain. One finger is enough to turn the inside out of many foes. If a unit is killed the Dreadlord bathes in their very essence and regains some of his mana. (More than the spell costs
    W:Feel their pain (autocast ability) With every attack the dreadlord empowers he strikes through is foes dealing bonus magic damage. Costing around 40 mana for every auto attack. But dealing decent damage. Thinking 20/35/50/70. Mana cost might be going higher too.
    E: No chance. The sight of such a Dreadlord that his foes tremble in fear. Unable to move their movements are slowed. Smaller AOE big slow.
    R: Zero Hour. The dreadlord bathes in his inner essence becoming immune to all damage and increasing his attack speed. Long cooldown. Relatively short duration (20 secs or so)

The high mana costs for his W will make it so that the finger of pain will be somewhat of a wasted spell on heroes. Since he will need it to regain mana in fights by killing units.
  6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Hero name: iliya
    Hero title: Balance Ranter
    Hero Model: Blood mage the human one tho I'm flexible on model. (Phoneix is flying So I give up on it, too op)
    Hero is ranged and scales of Intel

Q: Mana drain (Channel). Iliya Drains the mana of the enemy through a channel spell. can be stopped by walking away or CCing. (typical mana siphon)
    Lore: Iliya usually drains the mana of those who reply to him in argument. Arguing with him is futile and the only way to deal with him is walking away or Stunning him. (Typical Mana drain)

W: "Walls of Words": Typical Sleep ability of WC3
    Iliya rants to his enemies about balance of the game with unorganized walls of word, making his target fall sleep.

E: "Never give up on an argument": Iliya Never gives up on his arguments and points no matter what! This inspires his followers to Never give up either! This is an AoE cast which increases health regan of allies. Kinda like Anesterians in LTF. This ability is dispellable.

Ultimate: Become an elf_blademaster!
    Ability detail: This is a transformation similar to Zuluhead the whacked in Azeroth Wars where it's a timed metamorphosis with new abilities.
    Model: Ilidan's Metamorphis (I'm flexible idm as long it's something dark)
    Lore: Iliya has enough and succumbs to the imbalance and takes advantage of it instead of fighting it! He then proceeds to go on his eIf_blademaster account or one of the others ones to Abuse the imbalances and Try hards with no mercy!

Q: Soul Drain: This ability drains the soul of the target and heals eIf_blademaster while damaging the enemy. (typical Soul Siphon)
    lore: elf_blademaster usually drains the soul out of other plays through his cancerous play-style and abuses.

W: Toxic Abuse: This ability Silences his Enemy and causes him to take high damage in a short period of time like a DoT. By a short term like 5 seconds and high damage dealing dot. Cannot be dispelled
    Lore: elf_baldemaster tends to love muting players he hates and then raging at them with toxicity.

E: Spreading the cancer: elf_blademaster Casts and AoE spell which does damage over time to enemy targets in it. This ability can be dispelled. (Deathwing's Old god model Q)
    Lore: elf_blademaster toxic actions and abuses usually do not only affect one or two few players. It affects lots and likes to spread it to everyone no matter what.

4th Ability (binded to T maybe since you can't bind to Ultimate): "Abuse": elf_blademaster has spent decades studying bugs and imbalances of the game. He uses this knowdlge and Resets his Abilities that are on cool down. This ability has a longer cool down than duration of metamorphis so can only be used once during each metamorphis. (self cast only Kalecgos ult)

Feel of the hero: It's kinda weak early game and focus mainly on survival. Once it gets it ultimate it has a power spike and can do focus on damage while metamorphosis is active. If you CBF with all these abilities and triggers SvnmS just make the metamorphosis do high AoE chaos damage instead no need for ability changes. Here are just my humble suggestions for future if you ever think of putting me in. Feel free to change each ability as you see fit. I don't give amounts for each ability since you can balance the numbers the best.

Note: I'm not actually elf_blademaster that often but sometimes I am. Usually I am the quiet one and doesn't do say much other than try hard. I don't usually kick or be toxic unless people are starting to suspect something is wrong. Don't think identity of elf_blademaster is a revelation to many since I told a good number of you already.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  7. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Yeah sure im no good at making up abilities anyways, choose your things bro
  8. srkicar

srkicar

Maybe a kebab remover hero with some cheeky abilities ?
  9. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

You are aware that SvnmS is from Algeria?o_O
  10. srkicar

srkicar

No? but i don't realy care, its a game oy vey, if thats his no.1 life occupation then wtf