1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Information

Discussion in 'The Last Crusade' started by Smyl, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Smyl

Smyl The Last Crusade shall visit even you! Brigand Map Maker

Hello there :-)
    So as I promised, here are some basic information on The Last Crusade, which is made by me and Wrath_Icefire
    The Last Crusade.png
    System
    • Towns and villages gives you gold
    • lumber mills give you lumber
    • cannot build more buildings in game - only on certain places (circle of power)
    • limited food - small amount from villages, houses, towns
    • training units in buildings + small spawns
    • (some) revivable heroes - not sure yet
    Timeline
    The story is set in the future definetly after Cataclysm. It does not follow lore of WoW after it, so lets just say MoP, WoD and Legion are not released yet :D . There are 2 factions: Silverhand and Forsaken fighting for dominance over the remnants of Lordaeron.

Teams
    Silverhand consist of two players. One player controls Tyr's Hand and Light's Hope chapel + plague towers, while the other controls Hearthglen and parts of Northern Lordaeron. The first players is mostly fighting with the remnants of the Scourge in Eastern Plaguelands and Stratholme while the other reclaims quickly parts of Northern Lordaeron and then quickly fights with the Forsaken of Anderhal.

Forsaken consists also of two players. One in Tirisfal Glades (+Undercity). The other in Anderhal and Bulwark. First again clears his land of Scarlet Crusade located mostly in Scarlet Monastery. The other clears Caer Darrow and then fights with Silverhand.

Fighting
    Fights will be definelty focused on co-op. Players will have unique units. One player focused on melee while the other on casters. Without co-op surival is unlikely. The biggest battleground will be in Western Plaguelands, where there is consisted territory, while Tirisfall Glades and Eastern plaguelands are friendly territories to each factions, thus gaining some defence bonuses. (Eastern Plaguelands - plaguetowers, Tirisfal Glades - Bulwark)

Zones
    Zones that are going to be included in the release are Tirisfal Glades, Eastern and Western Plaguelands and Northern Lordaeron.

Development of the map

In future we plan to release some balance fixes to the early release and some new content, over the time we will release a new expansion as WoW does, which will include new races and new zones (Blood Elves, Gilneas and so on). Plenty of new content will be included in these expansion. So after we balance the vanilla we will start working on an expansion.

Not everything is yet 100% complete and over time we will be adding some new information, expect at least one more video from us and we hope that this time we will make the game balanced and bug free.

Q&A will be here :-)
    dev. team Smyl & Wrath_Icefire
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. wolfie3

wolfie3

Looks cool. c:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Map is dead. 2-4 games and nobody will play it
    (Esp with that long dev time)
    Seems to me like war in the plaguelands or haralds map but worse

Maybe with expansions ... but rather make different theme map
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

This is what we call a back seat map maker, scratch that he probably never turned on WE, gamer sounds more appropriate.
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • This This x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  5. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

I have a Basic experience with editor (tons with terrain). I am aware what is easy to do and complicated. I also have been a part of development of some maps.
    As a 15 years old gamer, experience in various game genres (in W3, PC and PS) with thousands hours played and interested in game critique I believe I am more than enough experienced to say objective critique about a game (which is a thing you are not cappable of) as I believe what things make games sucessful and popular.
    Not to mention tons of other subjects connected with critique.

Sorry for not being pollitically correct (that thing should burn) but in my country we would call you regresive/degenerated leftie. You are writing about topic you have no knowledge about (again) trying to be offensive and undermine my opinion.

Critique of any genres (films,games,books,...) is not needed to participate in its creation..
    • This This x 1
  6. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Just as a note: "Dead map" is not objective critique. It's not valid criticism either. It's a borderline meme and in a bad taste. Shamefur dispray on your part, @Mesis - you could have done better than that.

@Smyl - Any info regarding heroes? Do I get to run around as Maxwell Tyrosus or Sylvanas Windrunner? Do we get Koltira Deathweaver and Thassarian?
    • This This x 4
  7. Hawk

The problem isn't that you haven't got experience I never said that. You never had experience with posting your own map that on such a large community as BH. The actual problem is that you are criticizing a map that has not even been released only thing you've seen is a few screens and basic info of it. That's just hurtful to the devs honestly, you're purposely scaring them away, no one wants to hear their map is shit, especially when they haven't even released it and you haven't even played it.
    • This This x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor Advisor Legend

There are many maps with the focus on the Lordaeron/Quel'Thalas areas, but it will hopefully become successful anyways. :-)
  9. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

I may write @EmperorFawful style paragraph or be lazy and write it in few words.
    I just predict the future.

By the description they gave for now, it will be a dead map, when they release more stuff I may change my opinion but it stands same for now, that is what critique is. You measure things you know about the game NOW, not the things that may or may not be in there. You are probably one of those peple who would preoder game and than complain about them
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hawk

You just said you measure how things are NOW. That means you are the one that preorders games if you think they look good NOW and then complain how shitty they are.
    Again predicting in such a harsh way is plainly a dick move especially if you know that the map hasn't even released anything but the most elementary stuff which could be used to explain every single warcraft 3 custom map.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1