1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle For Lordaeron v1.00

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by SvnmS, Feb 9, 2019.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

[​IMG]
    Battle For Lordaeron v1.00
    https://www.epicwar.com/maps/289709/
    Greetings, I'm releasing a map I worked on for a time but had to stop as I got busier. I wanted to finish it before releasing it, but I don't think I'll have time to do that anytime soon. So here is what has been done so far.

The terrain is similar to LTA's but only playable on the northern part of the map, northrend not included.
    Main Gameplay Mechanics :
    1. Towns replace CPs, most towns start neutral hostile and will spawn their garrison when attacked; they function as towers.
      Once you defeat the garrison and the town's HP reaches 0, its ownership transfers to the player with 25% HP. These defeated towns cannot attack, spawn garrison nor do they give income. When repaired, they become active again.
    2. Players do not choose their starting location, it is randomized.
    3. There are no spellcaster units in the game.
    4. Units have morale represented by their mana bar, killing enemy units grants morale and armor, loosing units reduces your morale and armor. If the morale of a unit reaches 100% it gains a buff.
    5. All units have a small invisibility detection radius.
    6. Heroes have basic abilities that cost no mana. They have 2 auras that can be leveled up, one for armor and one for damage. Items can be purchased from the Arcane Sanctum for various utility abilities that cost mana.
    The map currently supports 3 main modes :
    1. 2 Teams of 3 people.
    2. 2 Teams of 4 people.
    3. Free For All with 6 players.
    Free For All with 8 players is possible but not recommended as some players will be at a disadvantage.
    Terrain :
    Islands, Northrend and the Southern parts of the map aren't playable as I didn't have the time to finish them.
    There are 8 starting cities :
    Silvermoon, Zul'aman, Tyr's hand, Stratholme, Jintha'alor, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Lordaeron.
    If there are 8 players, each will get a city.
    If there are 6 players, the players controlling Tyr's hand and Stratholme will also start with Jintha'alor or Stromgarde.
    Screenshots of the terrain available here :
    The Silvermoon Starting Zone :
    [​IMG]
    The Zul'Aman Starting Zone :
    [​IMG]
    The Tyrs Hand and Startholme (non-allied) Starting Zone :
    [​IMG]
    The Jintha'alor and Stromgarde Starting Zones :
    [​IMG]
    The Gilneas Starting Zone :
    [​IMG]
    The Lordaeron Starting Zone :
    [​IMG]
    Potential Balance Issues :
    1. I expect Gilneas specifically to have an advantage, originally, there is supposed to be a player at Alterac or Dalaran, but I don't have the time for that at the moment. Nor does it fit the current game modes, I will add some changes as I get more feedback.
    2. It is a bit hard to judge the effect the items and heroes will have, those will also be adjusted over time.
    3. Income can later be adjusted, currently, the main towns give 100, the others give 35 or 25 depending on their importance. (The Sunwell and Light's hope Chapel give no income)
    I expect there will be plenty of bugs in this original version, please report them in this thread, until this map gets its own section if possible.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Arlt

Arlt the Last Emperor Advisor Legend

Did you touch the perfect circle of Dalaran?! SACRILEGE!
    Otherwise, I generally like it although some chokes might be too small in my opinion.
  3. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

The compromise is that there is a way around all choke points, but yes, some of them are not made for your whole army to move through.
    I didn't really touch the circle of dalaran, no sacrilege there !
  4. Arlt

Idk, it just feels like it isn't perfect. Might just be the perspective though. x)
  5. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
  6. Arlt

Anyway, you can train an unlimited amount of heroes which I assume is a bug.
  7. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

It isn't a bug, if you feel you need that many heroes, you can get them. They are all unrevivable though.
    The levels on the heroes are more important than the number of heroes, since the auras they provide don't stack.
    And the hero is a very bad unit for its cost.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. RedPandaLT

RedPandaLT Brigand

Absolute madlad reviving a map
    • This This x 1
  9. LoboTron11

LoboTron11 Grandaster of the Shadow Council

Oh damn... I really like that terrain...
    And kinda like that mechanic of beign random factions, it makes the game interesting, but maybe it'll make the game unbalanced too... just maybe, anyway, nice job ^^
  10. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Thanks. It's not fully random on the factions, opposing factions always end up on opposing teams.
    So Silvermoon and Zul'aman are always on opposing teams.
    Same with :
    Gilneas and Lordaeron
    Stromgarde and Jintha'alor
    Tyrs hand and Stratholme
    • Like Like x 1