1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzard is shutting down Bots. Rip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GinoFastidio, Sep 30, 2018.

1. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Alright lets change it, no western player uses the service, and it probably will never happen :-)
  2. GinoFastidio

GinoFastidio The Elf_blademaster's Hunter and sworn enemy

Can you tell me more about this? i saw a chinese launcher thing but i could not get past the captcha and that's it. also server Lag from europe would be there or?
  3. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

So we learn, that Chinese can copy and pirate shit, while pretending it's their own property?
    Technology = Theft?
    Honestly, I didn't need to learn that, that's how China is doing everything in financial buiseness. You don't need to invent the wheel if you can just steal the technology and sell it cheaper for dump prize, thus taking the profit without any innovation.

Much was learnt, much was already known.
    • This This x 1
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

hmm commenting on something you have no idea again. They didn't pirate anything. They made a deal with Blizzard and paid them for distribution right's in China. Blizzard and Netease actually worked together as a joint venture to develop the platform. They worked together on lot of games and this one also.
    Netease decided it would be a huge waste to leave Warcraft 3 to rot like Battle.net be so they updated and innovated it. Do I need to go through all Netease's features again? if the platform was release here, the Next Day Battle.net would have 0 players in it. I like how people talk about features they want the remake to have yet Netease has good bunch of those features.

US and EU together are also 1 billion+ population and in those countries being able to game is much more likely due to higher purchasing power and better infrastructure. Also Battle.net is World Wide and still 1/10th of Netease.

About 40k peak i agree it's not that much but extremely good for a 2003 game. Check the peaks here if you want to have a comparison

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/Steam-Game-and-Player-Statistics?l=english

https://warcraft3.info/articles/147/guide-how-to-play-on-netease
    Here is how you can I sign up but if you want to just try it for now Message me privately I give you my acc's details. I got stuck on Captcha too. it's a bit weird. Ping is an issue and sometimes translation is. Apart from that, it's a better than Battle.net at everything. I recommend checking it out just for the features to see what's possible.
  5. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

The thing is the number of games in the west is way higher than in china. It is quite common that most games have to be either heavily modified for China or are just simply banned. In addition China goverment often literally freezes game market for several months
    • This This x 1
  6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Meh I hardly believe that makes any significant impact considering most of those are not in competition with Warcraft 3 and most of Warcraft 3's direct competition such as Dota 2, League or AoE2 are possible. I don't think anyone goes to play Warcraft 3 cause they couldn't play GTA. Also don't underestimate VPN in China.

C&C was killed and bastardized into a mobile game so was never a really threat to Netease which came in 2015. You could tho argue ban on Hearts of Iron tho could affect WC3 numbers a tiny tiny bit.
  7. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

The lack of hostbots means lack of game commands
    Mute,kick,ban,votestart and etc all functionality that bots have is gonna be gone unless blizzard adds them which they are not adding at the moment
    Thats wht getting rid of bots now is a bad thing
    I mean sure us clan players don t affect us that much cause we spend most of the time playing with ppl we know and trust
    But for every other bloke out there they will have to deal with toxic leavers,map hackers,cheaters,game abusers,pre 5 seconds game launch troll leavers (fucking hang ppl like that)
    The amount of toxicity without host commands that bots bring will rise exponentially

Also another potential problem that could effects everyone is that if game host leavers or crashes and etc then game will unhost automaticlly
    So yeah unless the cloud hosting is gonna fix this very big issue playing wc3 is gonna be cancer

So please don t say shit like getting rid of bots is great
    When you take what they give for granted and dont even notice until its suddenly gone
    • This This x 2
  8. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Then why not go the logical step forward and tell Blizzard that Host commands need to be improved?
    They obviously don't want to leave hosting to a third party, if they decided to work against the bot system - so I doubt that it would be too much of a problem to ask them via Hive whether they can fix the real problems with getting rid of the bot system instead of saying "Give back the bots or riot." Adressing the lack of host functions would help in my eyes more, as it would be a good compromise.

We can probably all agree that such a massive change will cause problems by certain, but there are definitly ways to work around it. Similiar to how they implemented basically the majority of features from NewGen Editor into the regular one.
    • This This x 1
  9. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

well i am pretty sure people been telling them about these commands for 10 year atleast
    and they are telling now and me personally also told them at least once
    but blizzard gonna blizzard and you know how it goes they either won t care enough to implement it or implement it half way through and say ech good enuff
    the fact that there is a suicide thread in bnet at the moment for more then 3 days actually tells allot about how blizzard is reading their own forums....
    this is no paradox where we can tell blizzard shit
    the only way i see them communicating is tell @StoPCampinGn00b to use his hive influence

95% of people would be glad of what they are doing if they added some stuff not to make bnet into cancer fest it was when blizzard stopped being police on bnet
    don t know if you people played sc2 custom maps recently but it still does not have any real policing options and 90% of the games with randoms is pretty much cancer with leavers,map hackers,toxic people
    and holy shit people even openly say they are map hacking in sc2 cause they know blizzard aint gonna do shit about it and nobody can and they can just change nickname if they get kicked and known because of it