1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corruption of Veseon: Released!

Discussion in 'Corruption of Veseon' started by ilusioner, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9
    [​IMG]

The map has been uploaded on MMH and Ent and is now playable.

Major map changes:
    • Fixed the desync problems that caused players to be kicked out of the game
    • Finished and implemented global event - Demonic Sunderings system. Should there be now more than 2 Sunderings active at time, demons will pour from Mirror into the Veseon and can overwhelm players.
    • After 15 minutes into the game, alliance balance system activates. All solo players' units will have damage increased by 20%, armor by 2 and health by 175. Their foodcap is also raised to 200. Players with allies will have their food cap reduced to 100 and income reduced by 25%.
    • All units and heroes have their health increased by 25%. Health of units was changed to make the battles last longer and allow the players to micro their units more properly. Should this cause problems, the change will be reverted.
    • Reduced overall gold income for players and increased resources needed for weapon/armor upgrades.
    • Numerous small changes, too many to be posted here :|

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • This This x 1
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Shal'dorei Map Maker

Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -1
    Downloading! :D
  3. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Kel'Thu-freakin-zad, Lich Lord of the Damned Shaman Donator

Ratings:
    +995 / 8 / -8
    Great news.
  4. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -12
    Congratulations! Hoping it will be a major succes
  5. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +851 / 7 / -23
    Congrats on the release ilus! I know a lot of effort went into the map so hope it delivers on your expectations!
  6. Hawk

Hawk The White Wolf Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,697 / 116 / -121
    Honestly that 25% is a lot. I haven't played before 25% thing but it takes forever to do shit. Like fights last longer than LTA. The map is huge I honestly don't see this being played as much just the fact that on avg this would take 2 hours to play in the map and that's a huge turn off for most ppl (including me). Like buff damage or lower hp again, and creeps are way too strong I mean I understand you need to micro a bit more, but even with all starting units it you still lose 30% of them just trying to get to your enemy which seems stupid.
    I think for most people the map will be just way too hard and confusing. I mean thank God for the towers, but some people are just blind to obvious text. Like I just played a game where in chat I've said ilusioner at least thrice and past teh loading screen and the intro of the game and a guy asks : "who made this map?" and you just want to commit suicide after that.
    • This This x 1
  7. Hawk

Ratings:
    +1,697 / 116 / -121
    And almost forgot, like I understand that you tried to make the map last longer by making towers and garrison and bases in general really hard to take, but you made it so that it comes down to who attacks the other persons base first loses, at least early game. And I'm telling you this cause I was like loosing so hard if it was any other map it would've been over but I just backed up in my base with like hardly 2 control groups worth of units (including hero squad) plus worse upgrades and I've won against a larger army, higher lvl hero and better upgrades...
    • This This x 1
  8. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker L:TA Dev

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 19 / -46
    I played as Mage Rebellion and I hated it. I was unable to leave past my base, the events I received had next to no impact on my fights and I couldn't get past LB's first base at all. I spent the whole game doing pretty much nothing but sitting in my base with no income and no way to develop myself. The meat golems were even slower than the ones in LTA, had pitiful damage and did not serve their purpose at all because they simply couldn't get anywhere. The cojurers were fun but their fireball had no impact and the force field had no mention that it's channeled.

Archreanimators were okay, but you need to put info about the frost wyrm spell having melee cast range.

Overall I didn't enjoy the map so far as I had no way to progress with a faction at all. The biggest insult to the injury was when I got massacred by Dwarf's lonely base, where I couldn't get past his defenses despite aiming them with siege weapons. Even with Sieg's lift ability I was unable to overcome Behemoths with my own army, which was absolutely ridiculous as dwarves held off 2 players with a major numbers' advantage (Hawk was helping me), killed 2 heroes and got out of it pretty much unscathed while having nothing but the garrison army, a hero and 2 behemoths. That's just unreasonable.

I shouldn't have a PhD in strategy games to play a map.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hawk

Ratings:
    +1,697 / 116 / -121
    One more thing. I was playing Xaer Demons and I have to say, at some points in the map I thought that the map wouldn't differ if I had heroes present or not. And I know you said that you want to make armies more important, but that makes it for a duller gameplay (in my experience). And not that like Xaer has a decent passive, single target damage which couldn't kill anything because the scaling of it was awful damage wise, and a fucking reveal like dude cmon why? I understand putting one level into it and thats it, the first level reveals a massive area and I don't get why you'd ever spend more than one level on it, it should honestly be a fifth (non leveble spell). The second guy mage abomination is decent but still you have no AoEs like I have to get thee 3rd hero for the AoE which is carrion swarm which at that point in the game doesn't do much. I understand you tried to get away from massive aoe burst that is LTA, but this just makes it so battles last forever and there is hardly any micro like only thing I was using in fights was AoE Heal and cloud from time to time. Heroes are always in the back cause Melee heroes are shit, Krotos told me and I fought a melee hero which couldn't get close to me cause he can't tank for shit, don't think he had any damage spells or if he did it didn't make an impact. To quote a player from the game I've just played:
    "Today at 1:42 AM
    The heroes are just poorly designed imo
    As in
    There's 0 excitement
    Or "oh shit" moment
    When you see a hero"
    The gameplay ultimetely is dull without much excitement. The upgrades for spellcasters cost a lot too, and most of them are utility, but utility in certain situations so you don't get that much micro army wise. You need to redesign some heroes honestly, they just have zero fun potential.
  10. Hawk

Ratings:
    +1,697 / 116 / -121
    One more thing!
    What the hell everyone unallies everyone for a minute or like what? Like didn't you think for a second that it might destroy someones game if they are in a battle that moment and everyone unallies everyone...? I think in our game that happened and the person just left cause his ally killed him... .-.
    • This This x 1
  11. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,677 / 53 / -105
    When we played without the 25% the battles seemed to happen way too fast.
    Also most of our games in past were "decided" in first ... 30-45 minutes, leaving usually 2v2 scenario that would be played for another 15-30 minute.

Creeps are not as strong as you think, they are also not free gold and xp farm like in other games where you can literally kill most of them with starting units or a hero alone.

Disagree. Defender should have advantage, always.
    It also stops the snowball effect.

I havent played MR much and I personally did not like it either. Give a try to other factions.

When we played previously, melee heroes were really strong and with right micro could "solo" armies (at least the hero I had). If you want your heroes to be more tanky, maybe you should consider buying some health potions and other items from the shop. I personally dont bother aiming melee heroes as there is plenty of other stuff to do and unline other games, heroes are unable to wipe armies with aoe spells

Intended