1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corruption of Veseon: Released!

Discussion in 'Corruption of Veseon' started by ilusioner, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 21 / -48
    No, just no. That's just terrifyingly wrong on so many levels I could actually get that damn PhD for writing a paper about this.
  2. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,842 / 56 / -133
    Care to elaborate ?
  3. KPwc3Edit

KPwc3Edit

Ratings:
    +437 / 4 / -19
    What's the intention?
  4. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of The New Order

Ratings:
    +2,388 / 84 / -135
    Hating people
  5. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 21 / -48
    That's completely unacceptable in a game, where you have pre-set allies, not to mention the event just happens - there's no warning or anything. If you had an ally but you got unallied this way, you don't get the solo bonus so you're destined to get massacred if it triggers right as your ally arrives. The idea is just so mindnumbingly wrong this has to be a major mistake as I can't believe anyone sane would add this to the game and say "Yup, that's gonna be a good, positive thing in the game".
  6. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,842 / 56 / -133
    Every player (including the player who casted this spell) loses his alliance member for 1 minute. Making even field for everyone. If 2 players join the army to attack 1 player and this happens ... well, it is your fault.
    The game allows you to change alliances at any time, you can have up to 1 ally and can unally him whenever you want (and ally someone else)

This is actually not an event but the spell of orcs if they chose to follow the rage path. It requires to build loyality with their god Varthas (which gives them benefits if possitve or punishes them if negative), they spend their loyality to cast powerful spells such as global 30sec (I believe) silence or unallying everybody.
  7. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

Ratings:
    +639 / 51 / -82
    Very excited for release. Can't wait to play it. :D
  8. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

Ratings:
    +189 / 10 / -28
    ranting is required, it seems.
  9. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Ratings:
    +637 / 3 / -9
    I was aware of that, and I haven't played the new version with HP increased, so I can't relate to this. I'll try to play it tonight and then I'll decide about the HP change. As I said, this is something that will be reverted if it's really that bad and make the games go forever. Thanks for bringing it out, will keep and eye on it.

As for map being confusing, well you can either have an easy map that brings nothing new to the RTS gameplay, or a more interesting one which is hard. Honestly I prefer the latter. If people are too dumb to read the texts and then later have to ask ingame "who created this shit? what are my events? How I ally?", well... nothing I can do 'bout it. I'm not going to spam "LOOK AT THE HELP TOWERS" every 30 seconds.

So basically you rushed your opponent and lost army, and that's how it should be. Fights are meant to be tougher than that and point of towers and garrisons is to stop the people from both rushing and allowing people to secure the lands. Although number of catapults was reduced from 8 to 5, their damage towards structures was doubled, to allow people to easily siege enemy bases. I haven't seen your fights so I can't relate (If you sent me replay I'd be able to), in my fights I had no problems with taking down enemy bases (But it's simply me having much more experience with the map than others, so it could be just that factor)

Care to send me the replay? It'd be much easier for me to relate to it after seeing the game. I haven't played MR, and I'll be doing so to see how they behave altogether. The golems were meant to be a strong defensive tool, but hard to use (as they are unlimited), thus the big collision size and small MS.

I'll put the information 'bout both frost wyrms and frost field spells. With the amount of spells I was creating it was easy to miss something.

I suppose you are referring to the red'ish dwarven base in the south, just a tad away from MR base. The base has two entrances, have you attacked both of them or simply sent all army into one choke point? Honestly I can't relate to you being massacred by dwarf over there as I don't see it. I would need a replay to be able to refer to it.

As for faction having no way for progress as the map goes on, do you mean you being limited to your starting area and having no expansion at all or something else? Like lack of events, or something? From what you said it seemed like you couldn't break through your opponent and couldn't expand and that's the problem you are referring to? Or am I wrong?

Indeed you shouldn't have, but a little grasp of strategy is always welcome. People are simply used to the easy games, and when they meet CoV... well, surprise. I might be creating two modes for the game, where 'hard' would be actuall map setting and 'easy' with creeps being easy-peasy (Like in LTA) and few other changes to make it easier for players.

BTW, what's your opinion about the health and durabability of units? Are they too tough? Does the fights take too long?
  10. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Okay. No need to fight it then. Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 9 / -10
    God is with those who use catapults.

Also @ilusioner is the bug with Sha'Qet absorbing random heroes fixed?