1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corruption of Veseon: Released!

Discussion in 'Corruption of Veseon' started by ilusioner, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -9
    I believe it's you expecting another LTA-type game and playing something entirely different. If you are a person that believes AoEs are what makes heroes interesting than well... I don't really know what to say. All spells of demon heroes have their utility, if you don't see it okay, if you believe that they could be made more interesting sure, you can propose the changes and if they will be indeed more interesting and will not follow AoE-wacky scheme then sure. From what you're saying the greatest problem seems to be durability of units which causes teh battles to be dull, 'cause they are too long. I really have to play the game to see it for myself, it could be that the greatest problem of the game is actually the increased HP of all units.

It seems like for people the game is interesting when they just throw OP stuff at each other and a massacre happens, 'cause the lack of AoEs and crazy spells that give you +100% damage or sth is the reasons for complaints. I could always be wrong, but if it seems that lack of AoEs on heroes is making the game boring and dull, then I kinda don't know what could be the correct answer.

What Mesis has stated. There's a both text warning and a 'warning' sound similar to when KJ summoning is started in LTA.

The spell is indeed intended, and was created to spice things up. What I agree about is the fact that it might be too easy to pull it off and I might make it harder to obtain for faction that is able to do so. 1 minute is really not that long, and you can easily prevent from a disaster if you are aware of that. If you aren't and don't pay attention then well, you know the answer.

But do tell me, if you see that you are unallied with your ally, do you like 'ugh, what the hell happened' and keep fighting your previous ally? You don't. Everyone that has somekind of mind will pull back units to cease the fighting with his previous ally. Because for me it seems that the guy that left the game did just the opposite and proceeded to slay his former ally only to later complain about his own mistake.

Gods are always with those who use catapults. Or trebuchets.

I believe so, I've changed the triggers and it should be alright, but I couldn't recreate the situation we had ingame so I'm not 100% sure.
  2. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,658 / 12 / -17
    Is anyone going to be hosting this tonight? Like in around 6 hours? I wanna play it but MMH is abit dead on a saterday during the day.
  3. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Okay. No need to fight it then. Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 9 / -10
    Sure thing. I know I will.
  4. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,658 / 12 / -17
    What time and what time zone are you in?
  5. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +960 / 5 / -23
    Marsh 90% of us are +1 from you or simply said we live in mainland Europe.
    So your 6 pm is 7 pm for zerwi..
    Anyway if he hosts the game then i might join as well.
    • This This x 2
  6. Hawk

Hawk The White Wolf Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,882 / 99 / -131
    Well play it now, and you can see that's that fights take too long. Because I don't know the exact minutes here, to call onto LTA if I fight someone close to my base I get to make 6~12 units before the battle is decided, I made ~72 units while fighting my enemy, like literally I was just spamming units to survive and so was he. Until I finally pushed him back, it like drained the fun out of it, the fight between me and OJ that is, the starter fight.
    No I understand that creeps are suppose to be harder, but you give me an army and to meet up with your main army they have to get through a bunch of strong creeps in process losing 30% of your units at least, and I know I'm not the best player but I know I can call myself the average of the average and the mechanic I just described is just an artificial way to make the game last longer (aka prevent rushing) which would be fine if it was the only one.
    Yes I agree, no one wants to get rushed but again it creates a stalemate no one can attack anyone into base and again makes the game last even longer for no reason. You can't really attack him you can skrimish in the middle of your bases and then just retreat when you win, because you cannot finish him off (for certain).

I wasn't talking about my melee hero, but the enemies he did not use the poor guy. Like he would enter I'd attack with my range and hero group and he'd return in matter of moments, my pit lord was actually fine in battle, but that was probably cause Krotos was spamming heal on him. :p
    I think melee heroes should either be able to tank or do CC/damage, if they do neither what do they do? single target damage to one unit? :p

I mean past being abuseble AF for any average player. If a timer could show up in the top corner that'd be great, make it 30 second so its like 'oh shit moment' if you're close to your ally. But yeah I completely missed the text, and I know 90% of the players I was in with did too.

No actually we fought in the middle of our battleground, lost and retreated with 20% of my army, and somehow won. I mean was about to leave but Garrison, towers and spamming a few units is more than enough to win against a larger better upgraded army looks like. As I've told Mesis it makes the beginning literally just waiting or small skrimishes its artifical af to make the game last a tad longer.
    It's not that Creeps are too strong but you give me units that HAVE to get through creeps to get to my main army knowing I will lose 30-50% of them and it will take time, again artifical way of making the game last longer and preventing rushing, which would be fine if it wasn't for the part about bases, stated above.
    It's not that, its just that most spells are really situaton based to use them, not to mention there is no micro with them. Elites are very well made and I was constatly using them as Demons, but heroes or one hero that is was just 'W' (aoe heal) and that was my hero micro during fights, it had a bit of E (the cloud) when I got it but that's it. There's no reason to use Q on normal units from either of the Heroes as DG, and the enemy Hero just comes in for moment gets aimed to low HP, divine shield and moves out the fight for another 5 minutes. And no I don't think AoEs makes the game 'fun', but it makes it so (the well balanced AoEs) Heroes actually matter, because without some damage output you could win against the same sized army with a hero group with just one more control group worth of melee units. Which really doesn't even follow WC3 at all. Hero is just dull not because no AoE, but because the spells they have are situational and those situations don't happen too often.

Abuseble afffffffffff.

Well actually I don't think the text when we unallied said anything about oh this is a one minute thing. >.>
  7. Aolfien

Aolfien I am also lukasborec Brigand

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -16
    Omg, this map looks complicated af.

Can't wait to play it.
  8. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Okay. No need to fight it then. Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 9 / -10
    I'm about to host it if someone wants to join.
  9. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,481 / 21 / -48
    I'll check if I have a replay available, Ilusioner, but I might have played a game afterwards.

As for the spell: this is the area I would never venture to not because of stuff like I don't know how to do it or anything, but because the scale of abuse it causes is absolutely insane - I would be okay with the spell if it had global cast range but a limited AoE but affecting the entire map as well? Oh hell no. You're just creating a griefing tool for the orc tribes to abuse.

Yes, I am referring to the fact I was absolutely unable to expand from my main base as I was offered no options to do so - the closest area was LB's base and going in any other direction would leave my base open to massacre as I haven't found a TP scroll in my shop or at the very least a single item using the TP scroll icon that would let me reinforce in case of a push.

As for the heroes - my primary issue was more among the lines of why do I have a flamestrike on a hero if the damage is so miniscule it's getting beaten by health regen, ON TOP of 3 seconds channel time? I simply maxed the heal as it had an insane value compared to flamestrike and the slowing strike as the flamestrike was just so bad it made no sense to put any points in it. Sieg was good, but the spirit link I found to be useless primarily because it didn't tell me how much damage gets reduced. The Arcane Warrior hero's E had good damage but the AS slow doesn't matter in non-DotA games to be honest. I haven't seen any use in his Q and the W, while good, had some absolutely ridiculous AoE (like 150 or so) for over a third of his mana pool. The warriors he came with were okay, but in general didn't make much of an impact. I also feel like their cost was too high.

You should also put a note in skeletal mage's description that informs a player they are just walking spell batteries and their attacks deal like 0 damage. Also I didn't find their spells to be useful apart from mana restoration.

EDIT: Also the map seemed to have suffered from extreme FPS loss. I had 1 FPS throughout nearly the entire game on a laptop that runs Total War: Warhammer on ultra.
  10. KPwc3Edit

KPwc3Edit

Ratings:
    +437 / 4 / -19
    As Xaer, can it be possible for me to fire my own troops and hire those murlocs they got slaughtered by?
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • This This x 2
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017