1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corruption of Veseon: Released!

Discussion in 'Corruption of Veseon' started by ilusioner, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Brigand

Ratings:
    +190 / 0 / -0
    People complain about sudden fps lags now.
    Also, demons spawn near Xaer mainland base keeps triggering to attack it.
  2. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Starts with silenced UZI? Shaman Donator

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 8 / -9
    Let's imagine this situation - Team Sha'Qet-Orcs and Team Dwarves-Overlords fight with eachother (just like supposed), is there any reason in situation where fight last for more than 15 minutes to not unally to get solo bonuses and ally back after fight is done since it's basicly two separate 1v1 fights anyway?
    • This This x 1
  3. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9
    So perhaps the problem is in the fact that the creep camps are respawning? I added the respawn times to fill the map a little after some time in game, but perhaps it was a mistake and they shouldn't respawn at all? This way there won't be the problem of players losing units due the unit-train-route going through a creep camp area.

It's quite possible that I'll just leave the text for the entire duration, reduce it to 45 seconds and increase the requirement for the spell cast. Then we'll see, but I'll be looking eye out on this one.

I really need replays to be able to judge anything. From previous tests the garrisons looked alright, and served the purpose right. It was making rushes very hard, but it also wasn't that hard to siege altogether. It's a typical balance problem we have in this game, either it's a problem of people rushing and players complain about rushes, or too strong defenses and people complaining about 'artificial mechanics' and stalemates that makes the game dull. It's hard to find the perfect spot that would eliminate both of the problems. It's also important to state that all players are different and while for one it will be okay, for others it won't be, so I can't make something that will satisfy everyone.

I see, it's that the spells of those heroes are not good because they are situational. What kind of replacement for demon heroes would you suggest then?

I'll limit it's powers and see how the game goes on then. If it still creates problem it might need to be removed. I'll be keeping an eye out on that spell.

You can teleport via Ancient Pylons, it is stated in general events of Help Tower, I do realize it's not obvious, but I had to remove scroll of TPs. While they make moving around the map much easier, they also create tons of problems with the late game. It's always a trade, something for something. I've tested them out in gameplay today and I had no problems with pushing out, but that could be due to my opponent not really knowing that much about game. If you can't beat opponent in straight fight you look for a way around, go around, use different units, make diversion anything. The game is hard and is intended to make people think instead of throwing units willy-nilly.

The damage is indeed not too high, and I might be investigating it once again. As for Sieg, the spirit link makes the unit share 75% of damage taken, which is a lot. If your concern is about 'Don't know how good the spell is, I'll pick a different one' I've added the numbers to description. The Phantom Strikes spell you are referring to are simply a disabling tool, mostly a damage to add to banish combo, which is the point of the spell (As hero has magic damage type). His point is to Banish enemy hero and with the bonus magic damage he can quickly deal huge amounts of dps if he's not targetted.

Skeletal Mage has it's uses, and the spells may seem underpowered, but that's due to the fact that's hard to find a balance line between such mechanics. I'll be looking at that unit and doing some changes.

I've had no problems with lags when I played, I also haven't included anything that could be creating lags from the last test games (Where there were no lags). I'll have to investigate this problem.

Sadly nope :/
  4. ilusioner

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9
    I can't do anything about this. My goal was to allow people to play solo, and I've given them a tool to do so. If players wants to abuse this, then it's up to host to root it out. I cannot ban people from doing such 'BS' things, 'cause it's impossible to do so with triggers. I could be trying to give a gold 'fee' needed to ally people, but I believe this won't do anything good.

It same as in other games. People secretly ally up and have a 'non-aggresion' pact, which ends in the same frustration as the system here in CoV.

We are coming to the situation when we are making sacrifices, and we sacrifice one thing for another, and it only comes down, to what is more important for the map. Imo the threat of players abusing the system is nothing compared to allowing people to play solo properly and giving them a chance 1v2.

However, should you have an idea how to fix the problem, I'm all ears.
  5. Hawk

Hawk The White Wolf Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 116 / -121
    One question is there actually a 2v2 starter fight in the map? Cause as far as my experience goes its 1v1s everywhere and then a bit of 2v1 when your ally wins the starter fight...
  6. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +2,651 / 36 / -68
    Made my day.
  7. ilusioner

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9
    Exactly, why not make everyone start solo then? I've asked myself the question so many times.

No matter what you do, it will be problematic. If I made it so the allies are close to each other and an 'actual 2v2' then there would be problems with players going 'Oh my ally is noob, gg', 'Oh my player left, gg'. You can't fix everything and please everyone. There's no 'ultimate' solution (Alteast to my knowledge) that would make the problems disappear.
  8. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Starts with silenced UZI? Shaman Donator

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 8 / -9
    Dunno, maybe some temporal debuff or cooldown for allying with someone you unallied (if that's possible) could do the trick, my only concern is abusing solo system by 2 players to stay unallied but cooperate and allying only when situation requires it (one particularly important battle or helping via tps), this could fix this since allying again just in time of need would mean that you are still screwed (debuff option) or just make whole unallying abuse risky (risking getting in trouble while you can't ally back due to cooldown).
  9. Nayf

Nayf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i would like to ask if Dresh Kingdom demon bastart path have to ally them with Vozhal demons. If yes, there is glitch when you control control point as Dresh Kingdom and there is more than 2 demon surenderings and Vozhal demons are spawning around world they will keep spawning on same cp unless will they take that cp, it can create massive overpowered circles of demons that are allied to Dresh Kingdom.
  10. RandomPerson

RandomPerson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So far I've played the game twice. The second time there was one thing, that was so ridiculously OP that it screwed up my entire game: "You have been cursed". I believe red is the color that can do it, and I do not know the consequences for him using it, but what the fuck man. Eleven times I got cursed, Eleven times I did not receive an income. How the **** am I supposed to defeat Dresh's garrison troops ánd defend against red (at that stage in the game) when I did not get an income for eleven times? Also considering Red was capable of using curses 4 times in 5 minutes makes it all the more frustrating.

Oh and one thing more. Garrisons are apparently able to attack. Yet it does not display having an attack nor have an icon showing it does dmg (like phoenix fire or something)