1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cult of the Damned Preview

Discussion in 'Fall of Lordaeron WIP' started by Elbadruhel, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

[​IMG]

Cult of the Damned

"Ner'zhul wanted to release a plague in Lordaeron, and to do son, he sent mind messages to all the powerful mages he could find. From all those that answered, Kel'thuzad was the most relevant: member of the council of six, carismatic and rich. The Lich King ordered him to travel to Northrend and bend the knee, and the mage did it gladly eager for power, but when the Kirin Tor saw the ghouls and abominations in Icecrown, he was terrified and tought about scaping, but it was too late, Ner'zhul read his mind and some wraiths surrounded the mage, who accepted to sell his soul in exchange of inmortality. Ner'zhul accepted to keep his living form and mind so he can do a better work, and Kel'thuzad traveled to Lordaeron where he sold his holdings and used all his gold to comfort the poor and hungry, at the same time he started to preach about a new god, Ner'zhul, who will end their suffering. The devastated farmers of lordareron had seen their lands destroyed by orcs and now King Therenas wanted them to pay countless taxes to supply the internement camps, it was too much for them and much of them started to follow this new kind mage who promised them the heaven..."

The Cult of the Damned starts with a safe base in Scholomance and a safe base in Icecrown and some acolytes around Lordaeron, in Barov bases. Your task is to move sneaky around lordaeorn, plaguing farms and indoctrinating farmers, so you destroy Alliance economy from inside at the same time you recieve units and small bases for free to harass. Meanwhile, you will creep Azjol Nerub, to conquer their ziggurats and rise the mighty naxxramas from the ground. When you are ready, u will release the plague, turning all Lordaeron corrupted farms into Plague Chauldrons, and starting the true siege to Lordaeron.

Units

upload_2019-1-8_0-33-27.png
    The CotD roster is based in two kind of units: corrutped humans and built monstruosities. You have acolytes, necromancers and lost souls, wich can rise undeads, corrupt humans or damage ur enemies. At the same time, basic ghouls and zombies will boost your risen armies of undeads. Finally, Abominations, Gargoyles and Brood of maexnna end a really nice roster. Your elite are "Exiled Mage", powerful wizzards that were called by ner'zhul as Kel'thuzad, both kirin tor mages or renegade warlocks, they were all assembled by Kel'Thuzzad and now are master necromancers and dark magicians.

Heroes

upload_2019-1-8_0-36-43.png
    CotD starts with Kel'Thuzad (center) in Scholomance, he is your main hero but unrevivable, you should bring him out only if u think he can do enough damage or its time for a final attack. You will also have Noth the Plaguebringer (right) in Icecrown to creep azjol nerub. Once you manage to release the plague, u will be able to summon Heigan the unclean (left) since his work developing the chauldrons would have already finished. Finally, if u manage to conquer Sunwell you can turn Kel'thuzad into a powerful Lich to empower him (you can do this even if he is already dead). This new lich form of Kel'thuzad is revivable, not like his human one.

Events
    You can turn human peasants into new acolytes.
    You can place plagued grain to turn (after a decent amount of time) a human farm into a plagued farm for you, wich will also spawn few units for you. The acolyte can place the grain and run away, the grain will infect it by its own (if its not destroyed during the waiting time).
    When you research "release plague" all ur plagued farms turn into Plagued Chauldrons, so the more you have plagued, the more powerful would be your invasion, but if u wait too much the humans might clean everything (and after certain time they will be able to see ur acolytes so no exploit allowed, just strategy and mind tricks).
    If you manage to conquer Andorhal Royal Granary, you will be able to send plagued grain to certain bases to start an undead attack.
    You can rise Naxxramas from Azjol Nerub, a floating citadel.
    You can empower Kelthuzad in Sunwell.
    In future patches i may add Darkan Draktir and deatholme event.​
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

I think you should rename Heigan into Salramm the Fleshcrafter to be a bit more accurate
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Why? Heigan and Noth are the most relevant characters in the scourge development. Heigan created the plague chauldrons that infected and spreaded the plague across lordaeron, and Noth was the one in charge of creating the "soul stealing" system so the undeads would feed Ner'zhul power and be mindless slaves. Salramm was just a necromancer of Scholomance with no more relevance, right?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

I see, I just thought that he was one of the "first" cultists that existed.
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Maybe he trully was. But there are soooo much great characters that i had to check for those i felt were more important, since i want a max of 3 heroes at the same time per faction.

That is why i asked u, if he was really more powerful and important and fits better ingame, i had no problem to update the name of the hero :D
  6. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

I'd argue that Noth and Heigan are more important, seeing how they were elevated by Kel'thuzad to assist him in experiments within Naxxramas while Salramm was just a boss in Stratholme, which - imo - means he was of lower standing within the Cult despite being of the first necromancers trained in Scholomance.