1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dalaran Preview

Discussion in 'Fall of Lordaeron WIP' started by Elbadruhel, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

[​IMG]

Dalaran

"The Kingdom of Dalaran was formed by the first human mages trained by the elves to win the Troll Wars. Since then, the city-state has growed a lot, becoming one of the most important human kingdoms of Lordaeron. It is governed by the Kirin Tor, a caste of powerful wizzards ruled by the Council of Six, at this time, that council has some of the most famous mages of Lordaeron, like its leader, Antonidas; the crown prince of Quelthalas, Kael'thas sunstrider or the archmage Modera. But not everything is fine with this council, Modera and Dresden came to Antonidas recently to expell Kel'Thuzad from the council since he was using necromancy, Antonidas agreed, but soon after some more bad news came to the old ruler: the orcs are uprising in the east, and he hasnt found a cure for their sickness and news of a plague comes from the North. Antonidas has decided to send his beloved pupil, Jaina Proudmoore, to the North, so she can help prince Arthas to discover if the plague is indeed of magical nature; meanwhile, he will lead once again the forces of Dalaran to stop and defeat the orcs once again. The alliance must endure."
    Dalaran is a "micro" faction, with really powerful heroes and casters but that will start with few holdings and income. You should try to help your bigger allies as much as possible, since they can be a great frontline to protect your wizzards. If u manage to keep safe and release your magical strenght, all your enemies will suffer. But Dalaran is not weak at all, as a Kigndom, it can expand its borders, you can quickly and easily expand your economy by conquering Silverpine Forest (and maybe even Gilneas too), but be careful, cause if you focus too much in expanding and leave your allies alone, you might end watching how your alliance crumbles and collapse, and there are few factions less alliance-oriented than Dalaran, since Antonidas and the city itself are their most important supporters.

Units

upload_2019-1-7_4-28-13.png

As human Kingdom Dalaran has some army: cavalry, crossbowman and spearman. Wich will allow the faction to face any enemy by his own, but with poor efficency and really few options. The kingdom strenght comes from its caster roster, with 4 different caster units is the faction ingame with more variety of them, a good player will be able to counter most of his enemy spells and destroy it with his owns. Finally, Dalaran siege is an Arcane Construct, wich is much sturdier than usual ranged siege units, as catapults, but with the downside of being unable to attack from affar. If you are able to protect it a bit and manage to bring it to the frontline, it will crush your enemy buildings. Finally, Dalaran elite is "Kirin Tor", a really powerful wizzarding unit that will boost even more your magical repertory.

Heroes

upload_2019-1-7_4-32-3.png
    Dalaran main hero is Antonidas (left) but he is old and bounded to the city, so you might prefer to rely in Jaina (center) instead, since she is the only hero that will stay with you all the game, so she will surely end being really powerful. You will also start with Kael'thas Sunstrider (right), but if Silvermoon is destroyed he will leave Dalaran to protect his own people.

If Dalaran is destroyed and Antonidas dies, Rhonin (back row left) will come to help the survivors, and he will be able to rise Dalaran from the ruins to create Floating Dalaran. Once Kael'thas leaves your faction, Modera (back row right) will take his place as hero.

Events
    As Arthas and Uther, Jaina is able to investigate the plague to find hidden acolytes or plagued grain before it corrupts lordaeron stuff. You should use this before its too late and your own kingdom attacks you. While Uther should cover Northren and Eastern Lordaeron and Arthas takes care of Central Lordaeron and Tirisfal, Jaina efforts could be used in Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad. A good coordination is the key to keep the realm uncorrupted, weakening the future coming of the plague.
    If the Horde conquers Hillsbrad, a Dalaran town close to Dalaran city, they will spawn more reinforcements due to the fred orcs, so you should try to keep it as long as posible. To manage it your best option might be to cooperate with Lordaeron to destroy Barov House in Southsore and protect Thoradin's Wall pass.
    If Dalaran falls, Antonidas will die, deleting one of the best mages ingame and erasing a cool late game tool agaisnt undeads (his magic shield).
    Rhonin will replace Antonidas, and when he is experienced enough, he will be able to rise Dalaran, giving you new hope. This lvl cap is set there intentionally so no troll player choose to delete his own Dalaran to rise it to the sky.
    Kael'thas is a powerful hero, but if Silvermoon falls he will join Blood Elves and you will recieve Modera instead.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Can you make a thread where you will post screenshots of terrain units roster etc. I really want something like that cuz your map look interesting ^^
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Im showing unit rosters in this faction previews, and i had shown lots of map pics in the wip thread. Im doing this preview threads to show u a bit how each faction works, so when i arrange test games everyone knows a bit about each faction and global gameplay, so they can choose properly wich one to try or what to do, and is also a good tool for me to check if everything is in its place and properly done. But have to take the pictures about all the terrain again... :D

Im glad you like how the map looks, and if u have any doubt, or want to see something in special, just ask for it :-)
  4. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

I think the elves should use the high elf models. Kael is fine though
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

If u mean custom models im sorry but the map is already too big and im trying to use vanilla models whenever is posible to avoid wasting file size. The bigger tha map is, more problems it could have. And world editor is already suffering a bit to work with so big map, so i wont import a new model that just changes a part of their robes to a more white colour :/

I hope you understand it and thanks for the feedback ;)
  6. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich Shaman

i believe there was a Option in the Editor to turn priests and sorcs back to there ROC model where they are highborne and not blood elves.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I didnt know that. If you find how and it doesnt eat filesize i can do it with no problem :-) But i trully doesnt see so much difference between high and blood elves, they are exactly the same, just a name change (at least at start, when they become addicts to mana they changed while high kept pure). And once you see my Quel'thalas roster im sure u will say some of them are "blood elves" so... :D
  8. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

It's just a checkbox right underneath model file tile in the editor.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

@Krotos @Julian you are 3 days late but i apreciate your christmas present :-) You have guaranteed seat in the first test game if u want :D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich Shaman

cool