1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dalaran Revisited 1.33

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Marshmalo, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,390 / 12 / -17
    7ua2Njf.png

1.33 will feature some improvements to New Dalaran faction both in terms of general balance and also an overhaul of the New Dalaran capital city. Previously Dalaran recieved alot of nerfs, many of which were needed, but since then the faction has been hit with the magic damage nerf, the melee unit buff and the alliance nerfs to Blood Elves and Dwarves, all have made dalaran weaker so some small buffs are in order.

Heres the change list for Dalaran, please see my explaination summary and screenshots below before giving any feed back:

Dalaran
    New Content
    ⦁ Before the Dalaran mages fled their city they hid a secet cache of supplies within Dalaran Dungeons. Khadgar can reveal these items deep within the dungeons.

Balance
    ⦁ Arcane Elementals have +75 hp and +2 attack.
    ⦁ Increased range of constructionist healing.
    ⦁ Sorceresses have +2 attack.
    ⦁ Siege golems have the Taunt ability.
    ⦁ Khadgar has been renamed to Ansirem Runeweaver as this is more lore accurate.
    ⦁ New Dalaran casters have increased attack range.
    ⦁ Aegwin can trigger Malygos spawns and the wyrmrest accord.

New Dalaran Base changes:

⦁ The Dalaran Shield and Light bridge have been incorporated together into Dalarans Arcane defense system. Turning off the Light bridge will also activate Dalarans defenses.
    ⦁ The sea defense crystals have been removed.
    ⦁ Instead there are 3 Arcane Defense Crystals located within the city, if these are destroyed Dalarans defenses disipate. The light bridge goes permanently up and Dalaran becomes vulnerable.
    ⦁ Kadgar has a new none-hero ability: Imbue Masonry: Khadgar emits a beam of magic which heals a target mechanical unit or structure for 2500 hp. 60 second cooldown and requires Golem Mastery.
    ⦁ New Dalaran now uses the beutiful tower textures made by Spinel!
    ⦁ If Blood Elf is an ally of Dalaran the Sunreaver Enclave spawns within the city. If they go Forsaken, Fel Elf, Illidari, Wretched or Horde all buildings owned by Red go to Dalaran.
    ⦁ There is one Apex Crystal Guardian above Dalaran, this special orb fires misiles which stun enemy buildings, providing Dalaran with a defense against the Dread Fortress Naxxramas. If Scourge wants to invade the city with Naxxramas they should destroy this Crystal first.
    ⦁ The Guard towers surrounding Dalaran have +10 attack, improved range and a number of Guardian Crystals have been added to float above the majestic spires. Dalaran spire has increased hp.
    ⦁ In LTA New Dalaran is hovering just above the water, but the clouds surrounding it create an impenetrable barrier to enemy ships (ND can no longer be attacked by ships).
    ⦁ The Silver Enclave building is gained in New Dalaran upon researching High Elf relations. If you then go Scarlet or Risen after gaining this all buildings owned by LB in ND will go to purple. Vareesa can Hearthstone back to the Silver Enclave.
    ⦁ Storm peaks area has been expanded slightly to the east.

SUMMARY:

The most important change here is the combining of the Light bridge into Dalarans defenses. This means the attack on Dalaran can be split into different stages, the first stage should be an air attack, (possibly supported by air carriers if you have them). The aim of this initial attack is to aim down the 3 defense crystals, once these are gone the lightbridge stays permanently up making the battle for Dalaran into a more traditional siege over a bridge and also means any factions can attack even without zeppelins.

Once the Defense crystals are down, an air attack is no longer required.

Kadgars new Imbue Masonry and the HP buff to New Dalaran spire will help prevent it from being aimed after the defenses are done and encourage the attackers to lay siege via the lightbridge plus using air support to wear down the defenders. This new spell on Khadgar also strengthens NDs role as support faction and can help save an ally who's base is being aimed down.

Alot of the defenses are non-repairable or replaceable so every attack will slowly weaken their defenses. The Apex Guardian means its no longer possible for Scourge to plonk his Naxxramas down and flood New Dalaran without launching an attack to aim down this crystal. Previously it was way to easy to drop Naxx into ND and no real way to defend against it.

The expansion of Dalaran means this great city can now include Silver Covenant and Sunreavers, not only is this more lore compatable but also means theres alot more space for battle and buildings.

NEW New Dalaran:
    NEW 02.JPG

OLD Storms peaks air view:
    OLD 01.JPG

NEW Storms Peaks and New Dalaran:
    NEW 01.JPG
    • Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +2,793 / 32 / -69
    The time has come to declare my eternal love and devotion to you, Marsh. This is all I have ever wanted and hoped for. Thank you.

EDIT: Would you mind adding just one more barracks, perhaps?
    I know I'm also pushing my luck, but considering that Twilight now has their own unique townhall, I don't suppose I can get the same? A Dalaran Spire/Citadel? (Worgen could get an Ancient of Life for equality).

*Crys tears of happiness*
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 101 / -135
    Looks nice as always. But can you show us how it looks with the silver convent and sunreaver buildings In it? ^_^
  4. KPwc3Edit

KPwc3Edit

Ratings:
    +436 / 4 / -19
    Nice. So much room for activities and invasions now
  5. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +2,793 / 32 / -69
    In your case I imagine there is more of the latter. ;)

Will there be any chance of having the ability to build a limited number of spellbreakers/blood elven units / Aethas in the event of the Sunreavers joining ND? While I'm happy I won't have to resort to burning their homes it would be nice if they supported my war efforts.

On another note, can you expand and enlarge the spikey things on the outer walls? They were really cool in the old Dalaran but are somewhat less apparent now.
  6. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,390 / 12 / -17
    lol 1.33 has become "the dalaran" patch and you still want more :p

The spires model now look amazing thanks to Spinels textures and could e uased as townhalls but theres no team colour and I think it would be abit OTT.

Thanks! It dosnt look that different with the enclaves though, sunreavers use the BE tower model and covenant uses the bear den model.

Sorry there definitley wont be any BE units for Dalaran, Blood Elves have a base there now so that player can help defend the city with his own units if he wants to.
    I thought the spikey things looked too big before, it made the city look like a Dreanei palance, Dalaran is more about tall spires, but Ive added afew more spikes on your advice :-)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tergyt

Tergyt The Forum Lurker

Ratings:
    +91 / 2 / -2
    Absolutely beautiful. Nicely done Marsh! :3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Ratings:
    +698 / 4 / -11
    Hmmm. Not sure if you already thought about it or not, but you should consider banning sindragosa from entering the New Dalaran. The magic resistance will be quite useful against frost wyrm's freezing attack, but the powerful Scourge's air squad will be still a bit problematic for ND.

Others than that it looks quite good, the amount of free space is something nice to see.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. AxelTheGreatest

AxelTheGreatest Political Incorrect Martyr

Ratings:
    +315 / 20 / -53
    @Cynicaldoubt why are you happy with these changes? They only make ND weaker because everyone can enter the city right now - Scourge can just walk in when you are busy helping BElves/Dworfs. I think this is just a huge nerf for dalaran good luck defending against combined scourge+cult army with 2 groups of meat wagons.
    GG Cynicaldoubt.
  10. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 101 / -135
    To be honest, won't do much, since the real problem with her is the more frost wyrms you get and the ultimate she has, and she can do both outside of nnd, except the frost breath, but nadoxs w can compensate for that.

BTW @Marshmalo huge bug, sindragosa can't enter azojlnerub, don't tell me it's intended since she can't leave Northrend and azojlnerub is literally below Northrend. :p