1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead?

Discussion in 'Kalimdor: the Aftermath' started by Yousef, May 9, 2018.

1. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,536 / 8 / -10
    The time has come to finaly say it. :(

I am super busy, while my personal problems are sort of solved (the person i was talking about is out of danger and started with recovery) i am trapped between helping Isi recover, usual work and coledge stuff. I will be doing a two weeks long research in Hungary and then another one in Slovakia. I said i want to release next version but that was before new patch came out and made editing pretty much inpossible. I cant really work on map until i learn how to fix my editor and as far as i understand to fix map itself. KTA is dificult for me to handle even during normal ciscumstances but its too much at this point.
    I am sry to tell you but since i wont be able to edit for like 2 next months i think the map can be considered "dead" at least for now. :(
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +823 / 27 / -56
    Good luck with your real life, I wish I could've taken your place at least for those next 2 months, but I can't have time for both LTA and KTA. :(
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -20
    :eek:
    Remember the days when we were hopeful that 1.29 patch would bring new life into custom maps? :D oh how foolish we were.
    Horriblus.

But good luck with your stuff man. :-)
  4. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -20
    Sorry for double post, but I just got an idea. :p
    WHAT IF I gave it a try? I mean I played the game enough times to notice stuff that I know how to fix. I seen some stuff that seems easy to fix, I know how to do abilities, assign units abilities, change all the possible parameters that exist for units or abilities in the object editor, um I can do simple stuff like make tooltips, :D
    Move stuff around.
    The stuff I wouldn't do is any significant terrain rework, any complex work with triggers, I mean I can read and probably understand already existing triggers my ability to manipulate triggers falls only copying already existing ones or changing their parameters. :p Also any large balance changes I wouldn't do.
    Could fix some of the most blatant stuff I notice... I would make different versions of Fandral Stagheim, one as a Fel Druid of the Burning Legion and one as a Druid of the Flame for Old Gods/Twilight's Hammer ally version (played WoW on a Cataclysm server and saw him, was COOL AF!). :D
    These aren't really complicated things, would be a sum of small stuff rather then anything big. Big changes would leave room for me to fuck something up which would definitely happen. :p
    I have an attention to detail, I know some of the work is going to be boring af.
    I wish I could show you one map I made wayyy back I think 10 or 9 years ago (was still in elementary school). It was an altered Wc3 vanilla map with a bunch of cool stuff (trust me that it was cool lol). :p I remember making a whole race of Fel Orcs. I wanted to make it playable with AI just as a normal map, but since I absolutely had no idea how to trigger AI. I took the basic race of Orcs and changed every single unit and every single parameter of a unit to the ones of Fel Orcs. :p new casters and everything. I remember changing each single tiny possible parameter of a Tauren Druid caster to Doom Guard's parameter (a player nor AI could possibly know it was once a Tauren Druid lol), so that I could make the AI create Doom Guards for example, changed shamans to Fel Orc Warlocks and changed Troll Witch Doctors to those Orc Necrolytes.
    Made corresponding researches from the already existing ones. (Lucky that I didn't need any actual green orcs on the map lol)
    Changed the tooltip on every single building to tell players the new unit rooster :D
    I even made a race of Corrupted Night Elves, Nagas, Dranei's but the AI would ignore that and just stick to the stuff it knows.
    And lots of other stuff, but it was on my dad's PC and at some point the map got erased along with Wc3.

Now if you would consider me :D I think I could only work out from the current version of KTA we got already, I mean if you give me your half-finished work you got I'd probably not be able to finish it as you imagined. :p But I'd still love to hear about it, maybe some part if it would be within my possibility.

Now this all might be pointless cuz I didn't even try to open this map in the editor. :p I might get half a framerate when it's open and thus can't do even a single tooltip fix (the reason all ya developers quit). In that case, oh well, a higher power wishes it. Simply opening the map I assume is a feat by itself.
  5. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +823 / 27 / -56
    @SvnmS Make Kalimdor great again? :D
  6. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,391 / 17 / -86
    All aftermath maps must die
    Gg
  7. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -20
    And Foremath too apparently.
  8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,128 / 12 / -17
    Yeah we seem to be hemorrhaging map makers now :(

The great thing about the WC3 map editor is how easy it is to use, so even someone with only a base level of knowledge can easily pick it up and learn from whats already in the map.
    But it seems like a bad time to pickup a project like this at the moment, with JNG editor being phased out and everyone seems to be having problems editing large maps like LTA/LTF/KTA on the latest map editor, if you did take KTA on you might feel like you'd been thrown into the deep-end as far as map editing goes!
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -20
    I have free time. :p Also I think if it's a choice between me and no one, I kinda seem (to me) like a better choice then nothing lol. Only if there is a vacuum and after a while still no one willing to fill it. :-) (and I reserve the right to give up instantly :D lmao, I could like break the record in the least amount of time someone gave up from editing...)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Szons

Szons Manetho's Heir

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -3
    I personally belive thats best way is just to leave it to Spinel, as he said he wanted to relase his big patch but wc3 up denied that. If Spinel will really get back to editing in 2 months then its worth to wait to see Nightfallen :-).