1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Fatcat, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +12 / 3 / -3
    Is this Map Dead? I know you have an Editor petitioning to do it, But I'm confident that will not end Well... It will end poorly... So suffice to say you need a New Editor who will take this Burden? Or will this Map be allowed to Decay? And don't ask me to do It. I have no skill with the Editor at All. Do not take this Thread the Wrong Way. I'm asking a Question here.
  2. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 18 / -51
    I might be wrong on this but Marsh said she was maybe gonna try to finish the patch Woodenplank had planned
    • This This x 1
  3. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +658 / 18 / -61
    Dunno more than Harald, but I can add that it won't come any time soon ...
    By the end of August mb
  4. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    She is working on the next patch definetely but there is no set date for it since, as already stated, she is quite busy.
    The golden days for LTF and LTA have been awesome but don't be fooled, having a patch every single month in a warcraft III map has been something very rare to see at all. Take what we have been having as a gift rather a habbit which has to continue.
  5. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +12 / 3 / -3
    Its release date will be january 1st 2019 then the Map will be Dead from then On.
  6. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,129 / 12 / -17
    I did say that didnt I... honestly even if I started the map right now the next patch could possibly be ready by August, possibly not. There is no such thing as a quick patch with LTA/LTF.

As map making is a hobby you focus on the parts you enjoy, editing LTF dosnt seem to be enjoyable anymore, I cant use the newest editor and not sure where to start from woodenplanks half finished version. It's much more fun for me to create smaller scale maps like ROTV.ZR, ROAR, as Blizzard obviously dosnt want to support huge macro maps like LTF anymore.
    Theres also the question of time, if I didnt work 5 days a week I would be able to keep LTF updated all the time, but as it is I can produce a new patch in just afew days for my smaller maps, but for LTF your looking at weeks of work.

I think I will open a new thread to try and find a solution to what can be done to keep the map alive.
    • This This x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 13 / -28
    Open donation moneyz, teehee
  8. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +12 / 3 / -3
    Strange that it takes your little Crew about a Year to make Minor Modifications and remove things from the Map so yeah a year for a Patch that mostly Deletes things as with Woodenplanks entire term if He wants Capital Ship Battle like New Dalaran vs Naxxramas then make a Map based on Starcraft II/made in Starcraft II and just have a Crap Load of instanced Planets/Ships so on... But I'm sure Koprulu TA/TF never crossed your Mind. Even though that would be a better way of handling the whole TA/TF thing... Because you can set up the same damned Triggers like the Faction Paths, your Pride and Joy here that and poor Balancing its like saying that every starter unit in SCII needs Shields/equal Life/Ranged Attack/Spawn in Twos then there would be no Difference in play style... Warcraft Total War can get away with that because Its been like that since the Beginning, but your Map is almost totally different from its 1ST Version to the Present Version thus Archion's Threads.
  9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,129 / 12 / -17
    I have always said I am against removing content, it should be reworked or adjusted, removal of content is the lazy way of fixing a problem and I don't like it. However Wooden never intended for them to be permanently removed, he hoped to re-add them at a later date when they could be balanced, but obviously he never got round to doing that.

If I release LTF unprotected I will also release the latest version I worked on, which had everything included. So anyone who picks up the project has a version prior to content removal as well as Wooden's latest version. So they can decide.
  10. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +658 / 18 / -61
    Meh, releasing unprotected would just be a nightmare, cuz everyone will give themselvs the right to keep on calling the map LTF
    Instead of giving it another name, and I don't particularly think that when they did it for AW it was a super nice move
    Look at Genesis and Wote, wote was nice but almost more imbalanced than genesis, and that's quite hard LUL
    Look at what they did to Rise of the lich king : "NTA", holy rip this map has so many trigger leaks, it's over insane and completly unplayable
    I can understand you when you don't want to let the map die, but wouldn't it be better for people to keep in mind that last version was a good version
    And not a broken nightmare like genesis 2.0

I'm sorry if I'm being mean, but I think I'm only saying the truth
    Maybe you should as well consider coming back to the old day, giving a patch every 3/4 months or whatever
    Doesn't matter how much time you'll take
    I would lie if I'd say people didn't bother with the time you were taking when you were the editor
    But in the end, we had some real content, real changes, more imbalances, more buggs fixed, more balance
    I really don't wanna see LTF fall into a dead nightmare where everything becomes broken or worse

You know, I had started to make a thread like I did a year ago, with bug abuse, suggestions, little buggs, tooltips etc
    Thing is, I saw you were proposing to release unprotected version, after this point I just stopped

I could spend hours trying to convince you not to do so
    But I feel like your decision is already taken

Anyway, have a good time @Marshmalo