1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense Cannons [Poll]

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, May 2, 2018.

?

DMC/Dwarven Cannons?

1. Remove cannons - they punish newbs, and get instant-aimed by pros

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Let them stay

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Let them stay + Make them immune to air-aim and spells

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 8 / -0
    So... Do we remove them or keep them?
  2. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +869 / 27 / -59
    Keep them, make them repairable or give them higher health and make them attack air.
    • Like Like x 2
    • What? What? x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  3. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    There 3 currently don't think we need that much. Maybe purge 1 or 2 and keep 1. The other 2 you can replace it with some cool defense mechanism you think it's interesting. If you CBF then just keep them and make them spell immune. I don't think Chain lighting or bombarding or Finger of Death on Cannons is an interesting mechanic. Feels more like a cheat for experinced players since new players will think it's too stupid for spells to work on buildings since it's too cheesy so they usually don't try to find out.
  4. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 8 / -0
    Exactly my point.
    Experienced players will just sneak in Tichondrius to do 2xFinger of Death on the Dun Algaz cannon, or, conversely, fly an air squad around to snipe the DMC catapult with minimal/no losses.

Some inexperienced players may not be aware of these tricks - or not even be aware of the cannons! - and could end up losing large groups of units to these somewhat-longer-than-expected-catapult-ranges.
    It also makes people further rely on the competence of their Allies - as Shadow Council = no bloody chance to aim keep Cannon, whereas Legion = easy peasy Finger-Death squeezy.
    • This This x 2
  5. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Yea and it's not really like mechanics or skill either, just knowing cheats so you can't say get good as an argument. So like someone who is god of micro and macro but new to LTF will still get rekt of cannons.

Not related to this but do you remember how can make my Warcraft 3 full screen? The Fixed aspect ratio tick option is removed for this patch and it won't let me to make it full screen. quite desperate on this
  6. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    Lulpasta from my post :
    "
    You can't target catapults with spells, only with aoe
    But yeah, making canon and catapult invulnerable to air is dumb anyway
    Alliance can just aoe spam catapult, and legion can finger canon to death

What you could do on the other hand, would be to remove them all, especially the one near stromgarde, beyond useless, not protection to it, and doesn't even slow Legion as a decent player will always send its air squad to aim it down before pushing
    You only see newbies raging against canons "opiness" as they don't know how to counter it
    But on average games, canons and catapults don't impact gameplay at all, players will always send their air squad before pushing"

And btw, SC can get till 10 Fingers, and has 4 nether drakes, the hardest race to kill canons with is Dark Horde no SC :p
  7. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +869 / 27 / -59
    Nobody gave an opinion about my idea. :'(
  8. TerenasMenethil

TerenasMenethil King of Lordaeron

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, we all complain that south is rushed too fast. Either Dragonmaw is steamrolled by the whole Alliance, or either dwarves are quickly destroyed by an angry legion team. So why do you guys want to delete the mechanics that slow down these rush ?

However, I have to agree that the cannons are actually quite useless since you can destroy them very easily (With finger of death that literally two-shoot the dwarven cannon, or with an air-squad for the dragonmaw cannon). As I said before, it may be better to nerf their damage but make them invincible until the building to which they are attached is destroyed.
  9. Mindleech

Mindleech

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    In recent games I have seen the Silver Hand rushing dragonmaw port with ships + tanks to snipe the main building in the first 5 mins of the game as soon as brown moves out. So I dont think tying the catapult to the building would change anything.

Wouldnt it be cool to have one cannon/catapult buildable and moveable? Like a Trebuchet from age of empires which requires to position it before it can fire.
  10. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,222 / 18 / -51
    How about fuck no, those cannons should not be repairable and be able to attack air. I agree that the one in south can stay but that's it.
    • Funny Funny x 1