1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense Cannons [Poll]

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, May 2, 2018.

?

DMC/Dwarven Cannons?

1. Remove cannons - they punish newbs, and get instant-aimed by pros

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Let them stay

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Let them stay + Make them immune to air-aim and spells

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +869 / 27 / -59
    There is an OR in the middle.
  2. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post inquisitor and heretic caller. Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 57 / -130
    Buff them and every other unit.

If everything is OP, nothing is :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. qwerty83

qwerty83

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -4
    Or make it upgradeable to a cannon that is untargetable by air. If Dwarves are gonna have such a strong defense they should at least pay for it.
  4. Acadian

Acadian

Ratings:
    +80 / 7 / -8
    just make them repairable and rebuildable? maybe? (if they take out the cannon then usually they will take out the base but not always). And give them higher hp and fortified armor?
    So they can still be aimed by air but it requires a lot more than just a quick snipe to take em out, and being able to be repaired helps also. The other alternative it to make the cannons invulnerable, and instead make it so that the base has to die for the cannon to be destroyed.
    This would fix the whole repair problem, and bases are pretty tanky and usually cannot be aimed by air so it would fix two birds with one stone.
    I personally have never seen the catapult as a tide turner in a fight, usually ur either overwhelmed or ur not. U could even add a minimum range to the catapult so that it cant target ppl that within that minimum range.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    No, no and no
    Canons WERE a mistake
    And mistakes need to be fixed
    On the actual case, remove IS the solution
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Acadian

Acadian

Ratings:
    +80 / 7 / -8
    that is the simple and boring solution. The cannons are an interesting idea. There is no reason to scrap them.
    • This This x 3
  7. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    Oh yeah, because you think your idea is gonna fix shit?
    Make them invulnerable till the building is destroyed ?
    You know what will happen ?
    First, more alliance players will stay south because they think they have a bigger chance to hold this shit
    Secondly Legion will put their siege on the right part of the canon, behind hills, and will take building down
    Lastly, more alliance players south means Undead steamrolling north like never

That's for the Dwarven part
    On the Dragonmaw part, Do you realise how quickly 10 hawks and gryphon squad can take port down?
    I don't think you do, but let's continue
    First, it's not helping, it's not protecting shit, now airs won't only destroy catapult they will also destroy capital making morghor unrevivable right from the start
    Secondly, an unrevivable Morghor is a dead morghor, unless alliance is full of noobs, but if they were, port would still be standing, which is not the case we're talking

Now let's talk about increasing hp,
    For the Canon, it will take what? 2 more fingers ? And job is done anyway
    Or green can just bring 10 Fingers through invisible + kure and take down canon anyway
    Armor type won't change shit when you face finger of death

Same thing about Catapult, instead of one fireball and blizzard + few balistas shot, it will take more balistas shot and 3 fireball?
    Still dead as fuck, and for what ? Considering the attack speed not more than 3 shots
    3 shots is nothing when you got scrolls, healing waves, stones, aoe elite heal and more

You've never seen catapult turn the tide ? So why the fuck do you want to keep it?

Improved combat mechanics are useful when they serve a purpose
    I don't see any purpose on having those
    I don't see any bad from removing those

If there's no canon, legion will finger towers and siege
    If there's no catapult alliance will aoe army and gate to take it down faster

What you could do with them, on the other hand, is making them worth to get
    And since they aren't on the early game, make it only mid/late game with Old Gods path

Everyone knows Twilight Citadel and Shadowforge are very fragile capitals, very easily taken down by any other team
    So what about limit those to Dark Iron path, within shadowforge, and Twilight path, within highlands ?
    They would actually have a purpose there, the one to defend the undefendable, quite ironic
    But I don't see any other useful way to keep those

Obviously there's still a lot of cons, but there would have a couple of pros :
    It would make early fight more dynamic, mb shorter but funnier, no more "wait I destroy your silly canon and then we attack"
    It could help making Old Gods capitals somehow defendable
    Shadowforge might seem like a fortress but is not, few fingers and gg wp cya DI
    And Citadel has no defense, can't call tentacles and recall as defense, more like gameplays mechanics than anything else

But even with this, canon and catapult should have a rework
    Shadowforge is very open to air forces, and I think Citadel could rather use some multishot coming from citadel itself than a cata above

Quite a lot of shit I just said but barely anything
    I will gladly enjoy when version without those gets released
  8. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    It is a good defense mechanism, if you were to keep them their ranged should be reduced to the walls of the fortress.
  9. Acadian

Acadian

Ratings:
    +80 / 7 / -8
    first of you need to calm down, second you are making alot of assumptions on what ifs based on my suggestions. I only provided imo some ways I think we could keep the cannon/catapult and make if fun for everyone. If you want to tear apart every option I give have at it.
    I think your idea of making solo capitals to have a more interesting gameplay element for defending is a good idea. I approve of anything that makes a faction more unique and fun.

To your main point about my opinions. Sure increasing the health along would probably not be enough thats why I suggested changing its armor type to fortified and it can be made spell immune. The main reason they are aimed down atm is cause they have no way of being reliably repaired. Only yellow can repair his and thats because he has a repair spell.
    I do think making them invulnerable and having to destroy the base itself as being the most useful option. As like i said it solves two issues the cannon/catapult currently have. First it would increase the time it takes to kill them (bases have more health, and are fortified) so they cant be aimed as easily. Second it fixes the problem of not being able to repair as you can just repair the base.
    Also when i said that I dont consider it a tide turner I meant that IT ALONE doesnt turn the tide, but if supported properly it is extremely helpful in defending against multiple sieges.
    I do think that most capitals should be immune to air target as its too ab-usable.
  10. Catan

Catan

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I love the idea of Onyx to move them to DI and THC.
    And my vote goes to remove, they really don't add anything else than annoyance, for dw as stated few fingers and for dmc few air units solve the problems.