1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diplomacy: Warcraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheKaldorei, Aug 2, 2018.

1. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

So I basically had this idea of a map where it focuses on the human kingdoms of the North EK and only humans.

The map would utilize a unique Alliance Power and War Power system.
    • Alliance Power starts at 0 and is gained through making positives towards one certain House or faction. If it reaches 50 you can form a political alliance.
    • War Power starts at 100 and is lost through making negatives towards one certain House or faction. If it reaches 0 you are able to declare war on another House.
    The map would be spawn based and feature 24 unique playable factions. They would be as following.

LORDAERON [8]
    House Menethil
    House Barov
    House Fordring
    House Abbendis
    House Garithos
    House Rivendare
    The Church of Light
    House Redpath

ALTERAC [3]
    House Perenholde
    House Falconcrest
    The Royal Army
    House of Ravenholt

GILNEAS [4]
    House Greymane
    House Crowley
    House Silverlaine
    House Godfrey

DALARAN [1]
    Dalaran

STROMGARDE [3]
    House Trollbane
    League of Arathor
    House Blackmoore

KUL TIRAS [4]
    House Proudmoore
    House Waycrest
    House Stormsong
    House Ashvane

Each House would have limited holdings, with each main leader (Proudmoore, Trollbane, Greymane, Perenholde,Menethil, and Dalaran) having more holdings than most and starting with 50 AP and 10 WP with certain neighbors.

The map would have heavy focus on diplomacy and politics with many methods of forming unions between Houses and nations. An example of two Nations joining up would be like Jaina marrying Arthas forming a poltical union between all Kul Tiran and Lordaeron houses. Increasing AP by 10 and 15 to Proudmoore and Menethil. AP can be used to increase warriors health, increase masonry on defenses or form unions between nations.

War would also be an emphasis as nations like Alterac and Gilneas are mistrusted among nations and all Houses within the nations having 25 WP to start off with. You can spend WP to invest in defenses(Buildings), warriors (Spawned) or weaponry (Upgrades).

Now like in real life nations can have rebellion if a minor house, Barov for example reaches 100 WP and has at least 2 allies or puppets they can declare war on the major house in this case being Menethil and their subordinates. Other nations if they support the rebellion will have to spend WP to finance the rebellion lowering their AP with House Menethil and their subjects.

This is just something I wanted to do! If any of you experienced editors would like to help me PM me on discord or BH!
    • Like Like x 8
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. TheKaldorei

Reserved
  3. TheKaldorei

Reserved
  4. Syle72

Syle72 Garithos_Lover

Interesting map concept but i can't take my eyes off the misspell House GarithIos.o_O
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Arlt

Arlt Brigand Legend

That sounds pretty cool, but I bet that it will be hard to create such an intricate system.
    • This This x 1
  6. TheKaldorei

Replacing Gold and Lumber then creating triggers for X function shouldn’t be hard!

I’m quite sure @Hannibal could assist!
  7. FruitSalad

FruitSalad

Sounds really cool, good luck !
  8. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Nice idea kal
  9. Darth Mbites

Darth Mbites Stoned Eurofag Map Maker

Would play warcraft once again for this.
  10. TheKaldorei

Blackwood [House Garithos]
    [​IMG]