1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwarven Preview

Discussion in 'Fall of Lordaeron WIP' started by Elbadruhel, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

[​IMG]

Dwarves

"The Dwarves are an ancient race that have lived in Azeroth for many years, but with time, three different kind of dwarves emerged: mountain, hill and dark ones, and after several struggles, the Mountain ones inhabited Ironforge, while the hill ones traveled to Grim Bathol and the Dark ones founded Thaurissian. But the dark emperor Thaurissian was not happy, wanted supreme rule of the dwarves, and so attacked Ironforge while his wife did the same in Grim Bathol. Finally, both dark armies were defeated, but at high cost, Grim Bathol was doomed and the hill dwarves, ruled by the Wildhammer Clan had to look for greener pastures, settling in Northreron and the Hinterlands. The Bronzebeard of Ironforge allied them, and sent thei vassals, the Sotrmpikes, to Hillsbrad to support them and find new treasures. Indeed, even suffering the Second War, the dwarves have never lost their curiosity, and Muradin Bronzebeard has founded the Expeditionary League to look for new relics, lands and ores. Sturdy and bold, the dwarves wont stop till they achieve their goals, both in expansion and in open war."

Dwarves is a faction wich starts with scattered settlements, you will surely be assautled by different enemies and will have to rely in your allies to hold your strating holds. Your safest area is Northreron & Wetlands, wich is all yours except for few creeps to kill. The faction is a joint of 3 different clans: Ironforge in Dun Modr and expedition, Sotrmpike in Dun Garok, and Wildhammer in Hinterlands and Northeron; you should use the power of each clan combined to achieve victory for the alliance. You may need your allies help at start, but your units are sturdy and strong, as dwarf, you are the unique member of the alliance able to deal with an orc 1 vs 1, since dwarves are much stronger than humans or elves, but that also means that your units will be expensiever, luckly, dwarves are the best miners of Lordaeron...

Heroes

upload_2019-1-10_19-10-0.png

You have 3 clans, and so 3 leaders. Starts with Falstad (center), leader of the Wildhammers, in Aerie Peak; while Vanndar Stormpike (left) will support you from the close Dun Garok, you may need to join their forces to create a proper army to defend Aerie Peak or Thoradin's wall. Your third hero is Muradin Bronzebeard, wich you will get whenever you launch your expedition to Northrend.

Units

upload_2019-1-10_19-15-50.png

Your army roster is, obviously, a joint of the 3 clans too. You have a really balanced army, wich will help you to deal with stronger enemies if played wisely. From the Stormpike we have: Spearman, Rifleman and Mortars. The Bronzebeards supply you with infantry, paladins and tanks. And finally, the spiritual Wildhammers will help with Gryphon riders, Axethrowers and Shamans. Each clan complements the other, and its your choice how to form the dwarven army. Your siege is a tough mele tank, that can be improved to also deal with air units. Mortars DONT do siege damage, but have a really long range and their shrapnel will destroy enemy light units. Finally, your elite is "Dwarven Thane", a rough and tanky dwarven load upng a Khaz-Modan war bear.

Events

You can send the dwarven expedition to Northrend to help Arthas agaisnt Malganis.
    In future patches im going to "kill" Muradin if Arthas loses the fight, and u will need to do something to recover it.
    I accept suggestions :-)
  2. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich Shaman

you gonna plan to Maybe give dwarves some Events in storm Peaks with ulduar or nah? also you could do when vanndar reachs a certain lvl Maybe he gets balinda (or however that General was called) as demi or hero
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I can give them events in Stormpeaks yea, related wtih Earthens, but idk wich ones. You can give me ideas about it :-). Not with ulduar, at least right now, that area will be closed for the players (is ingame, but will be sealed), since if in a long future i add Old Gods faction, Ulduar would be the stronghold of Yogg-Saron. But i want to focus in the "actual" units, factions and events. So if you have any idea for events in Storm Peaks (or iron dwarves of Grizlly hills), im eager to listen :D.

About Balinda, i have designed the factions, paths, etc, so no one can have more than 3 heroes at once. Since the 3 dwarves are revivable and Balinda is not so famous (idk who are u talking about but i guess is someone of Alterac battleground :D), i prefer to keep it that way. Also, less heroes, less stuff to code, and the map is ready before :D. About demi hero, could be an idea, but since i have added no demi heroes, i want to keep it that way to have an easier balance of the game.
  4. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich Shaman

hmm Maybe when you add About dwarves losing muradin you could add something for the frostborn where dwarves can get muradin back with yorg stormheart also unlocking for him frostborns. Also when arthas wins and dwarves doesent loose muradin you could make it possible for the dwarves Player to unlock frostborn when he walks muradin to the frostborn base (when you add one) and just get some new Units. but up to you
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

In Storm Peaks there already bases in: Valkyrion, Frosthold, Brunnhildar Village and Snowfrifts Plains (the earthren outpost there). So yes, i can add events related with Frosthold and Eartherns already.

Ummm, what about "Unraveling the mistery". Dwarves can do a research in Thor Modan (Iron Dwarves), Frosthold (Frost Dwarves) and Bouldercrag's Refuge (Earthen). Each research boost a bit dwarven units, maybe armour, health regen, attack speed, damage, mana, whatever.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019