1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastern Kingdoms TF work continues

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by mrpp, Mar 23, 2018.

1. mrpp

mrpp

Strangelorn Vale.png
    Lothar camp.png
    Changes and Questions answers
    Progress:
    It's been a lot time since I posted last thread and since then I made quite of progress. I finished terrain, downloaded many models some heroes or few events. This map is very hard to make and I didn't expected that it will take me soo long. I had some problems with map but I manage to solve them. I worked on this map atleast dozens hours on it and I am intend to finish it
    Map size
    I got many question about it. Map size is 372x372. Map is ending at the bridge which leads to dala. You will also see a Aerie peak Hinterlands and on south you will see booty bay and blasted lands on south soo all those region will playable. Ofcourse also outlands are ready and will be as terrain. I would say lenghts of maps are:
    Lordaeron TF (Quelthalas-Blackrock)
    Eastern kingdoms TF (Blasted Lands-Aerie peak)
    Critisicm
    I listened critisism from Emperor Fawful and I make many areas much more bigger. I agree with Emperor Fawful and I will be expanding areas even more. To some regions I added new paths so movement was more. I also will change many heroes for example Sylvanas for Alleria, Varian Wrynn to Llane Wrynn and so on. This time I checked them and they are in lore :D. Some faction names changed like Dark Horde for Blackrock Clan and Kingdom of Arathor to Kingdom of Stormwind. I have read some lore. I also from lore reading got Idea on new events. They will match with games in very good way.
    P.S There is less colours than in last thread:-)
    Not changed.
    Sorry emperor Fawful but I will not gonna move orcs faction to outland. I think that would be boring game seeing in every game failing Stormwind. It would make game too linear and I wanna games to be with diffrent results. If I didn't get dwarfes and rangers some player opponent then it wouldn't be so interested to play. Remember that in ltf blue has no enemies on beginng and is one of rarest playing faction. Lore gave me Idea for some interesting events and game mechanic but I will not sacrifice lore for fun with game. I don't have to stick strict with lore. I like to have artistic vision. Many games movies are not always follow strict with source material and are quite fun.
    Royal Army
    Many wonders what's about it and I am gonna explain it. It is supposed to be help for Stormwind to deal with overwhelmed orcs armies. Their main base are at northshire abbey. It is very close to Stormwind. Royal army heroes are Lothar Khadgar and Galen by event. I even showed base of this faction in screenshot
    Heroes deaths
    Here unlike in LTF heroes will be mostly revible but their will be able to die permanetly only by special events fails or sometimes loosing main capitals.
    Name
    Reason why I called it Eastern kingdoms TF beacuse I find game mechanic simmilar to ltf. Both have cp system Special events itd. However there is many changes from tf
    Diffrences beetwen LTF and EK TF are winning contition. No more running around the map until everyone drops or gets bored. Dark portal is in blasted lands and not blackrock but that you probably figured it out. Many unique abbilits will be and some nice events.
    Btw some screenshot I wanted to show you.

Post some sugestions and thougts in comments.
    • Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Can we potentially see Stormwind? :-)
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

The terrain is too squared. Try to make it more irregular. It would look more realistic
  4. mrpp

mrpp

Stormwind isn't looking good yet soo not yet :D You will see during game. I wanna make it look better yet
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  5. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Also a thing that I see about the Northshire pic is that the hero seems very big. Could you maybe scale it so that while heroes are a bit larger than the units, yet they aren't twice their size and look like giants :D
  6. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich

ok i got maybe idea for royal army and some horde stuff.
    1. royal army would have khadgar to help killing medivh when the royal army is able to kill medivh khadgar would be a perma hero for the royal army then, but when royal army player fails to kill medivh khadgar would be removed
    about horde i would maybe give two diffrent choices with ogrim and blackhand (when they in the game) allowing to do a makgora where the player decides who is allowed to win
    1. when blackhand wins maybe some buffs to the army and you would stay with legion allied. ogrim gets removed
    2. when ogrim wins you can start a civil war with the legion unallying legion and council you would loose all demon stuff when they have that and would get stronger orcs you would get warlocks removed and you can call upon durotan and his frostwolves granting you shamans and maybe some new elites?
    your thoughts?
    dont mind the grammar pls :D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mrpp

mrpp

I actually wanted medivh unrevible and if he survived until dark portal opens then he becomes revivble. I don't wanna yet 1 less hero for royal army. Especially that there won't be many heroes in basic version everyone will have max 3 heroes
    I like the Idea of duel beetwen ogrim and blackhand. I will add it. However yet I don't wanna anyone had solo faction tey. If map will be played then I will be expanding map but in this basic version I only do 6v6.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Durotan is already dead by the time when Orgrim becomes Warchief. When he discovered that the Shadow Council was behind the murder of Durotan and Draka, he would eventually murder a majority of them once Blackhand was killed by him. Those like Gul'dan and Cho'gall among the warlocks, who were left, bowed to Orgrim in promise of supporting him as the warchief, while Gul'dan's present to Orgrim was the creation of the first death knights of which he claimed that they would be loyal to the Horde - in truth though they served Gul'Dan and the Shadow Council Remnants/ the Stormreaver Clan as they were reanimated Shadow Council members.
    • This This x 1
  9. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich

well i thought of some custom shit but y this should work too this way :D
  10. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Good Good.

Just remember the less choke points and more routes, the better the game. Specially around capitals and important places.

This because in team games that like 6v6 Choke point's are OP and pro-long the game way too long cause of being unpassable. The defending team just puts like 10 heros at choke and blasts AoE on anything passing it.

Try to widen choke points, specially those leading to important places. Also always add more than one route.