1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

With my previous work i had mixed feelings: most people loved my features and systems, but most people also disliked the theme. When my pc broke i had not enough motivation to recover the files and focused in other projects and RL. But after some time, i have got inspiration for a new map and the "worm of mapping" attacked me again. I have been studying this map for some time, researching data, studying things, developing factions and balance... And i think i have somehting enough to show u my idea. Once summer comes, i will work on this hard, but till then, im using my spare time to prepare everything before programming.

Summarizing: Its a joint of some ideas i had playing LTF, plus all my own economic and battling systems plus some lore i think is great but havent been developed yet. With an spicy lill: "┬┐What if Mediv died, or didnt bother to tell Thrall and Jaina to leave Lordaeron?".

Lore
    The second war have ended, Lordaeron won. But... At what price? The south of quelthalas have been ravaged and burnt, the elves are still recovering it. Alterac, once a mighty kingdom is now full of thieves and bandits. The human kingdoms, once great friends against the shared enemy, now have discrepancies due to what to do with this defeated enemy, till the point that Gilneas have left the Alliance cause he doesnt support the interment camps and several noblemen across Lordaeron are angry due to the taxes to afford them. The orcs, once brave, rot in camps as slaves or gladiators, but not all of them... Some still harras the humans and one slave of Durnhold have scaped, but, what can do a single orc? Meanwhile, some people start to feel sick in northren lordaeron and the trolls prepare to stricke back now the humans are not so coordinated and prepared... All this can only lead to... The fall of lordaeron.

Map
    upload_2018-5-12_21-3-48.png
    The map is based in lore map. Updated to work in w3 and having in mind gameplay issues. The only parts "slightly custom" are Zandalar (based in official maps and raids) and Northren Lordaeron (based in official maps and blizzard concept arts). Some parts could change a bit in the final version due to w3 editor or gameplay improving.

THe Gray areas represent areas with creeps at the start of the game. Each faction has a colour assigned to represent the areas it holds at the start, rivers are mostly navigable, the trees represents Forests (they will slowly regrow) and the mines represnts Mines (places were u will be able to mine resources). I may add or delete some of these areas with special resources before the map relrease according to balance.

NOTE: Gilneas WONT BE a faction at the game start. It will be blocked by a mist, hidden. Will be added in future versions.
    NOTE2: Part of Northrend will be added to the map in future versions, with 2 new factions: Nerzhul and Drakkari. Not all northren added since it wont all important in this time period. If i add Northrend it may be smaller than in lore (related to Lordaeron size) to represent Lordaeron importance in the time.
    NOTE3: You cant see Malganis holdings in this map :-)

Systems

The map system is NO CP based, but a resource system. Simple but different to other things. There are 3 main resources ingame:
    + Gold. Can be get from: farming, mining, loot or breeding.
    + Lumber. Can be get from chopping.
    + Population. Is goten holding areas of the map.

Note: Farms and Breed camps (orcs) cant be built in blight, no one feeds on death land.
    Note2: Dispel DOESNT remove blight. U need special units to clean the land or be in Holy Land.

Every race has its own good and bad points to make them uniques and make u feel u are playing one of the mighty races of Azeroth:
    + Humans. Lordaeron was once a land full of forests and inhabited by trolls mostly, but nowadays, all u can see is farms and crops. The humans are the best farmers of Lordaeron and so they will get more income from farms than others.
    + Undeads. The plague feeds on humanity to destroy the world. Undeads can plague human farms to turn them into plagued farms for their own. They can also rise undeads so... Why do u need gold when u have dead bodies?
    + Orcs. Fred from their slaves camps, the Horde is eager for war. They dont plant crops, since they have not much land and dont know how much they will stay on the same place. On the contrary, they breed pigs. They can move the cattle with them to greener lands if the horde needs to move. Also, their rage and fury allows them to destroy and plunder their slavers to get gold from loot. Of course, they also chop and mine.
    + Dwarves. Used to live in the mountains and hills, they are the best miners in Lordaeron.
    + Trolls. The trolls are an ancient race that once ruled Lordaeron. They are used to live in the woods, so they are the best lumberjacks of all lordaeron.
    + Elves. A race bound to magic that have defended Quel'Thalas from all enemy that may have come. Orcs, Trolls and now if undeads, they shall be defeated to. As a defensive race they have no special resource skills, but they have magic and wisdom to restore this resources: arcane magic to clean the land from undead blight and nature powers of Tal'sarah to recover the forests of Quel'Thalas from any fire or woodcutter that could dmg then.

Factions

The Alliance

Lordaeron

The Kingdom of Lordaeron is the leader of the Alliance of Lordaeron. Under Therenas wise advice, the human kingdoms joint agaisnt the Horde and managed to defeat it. Then, Therenas decided to jail the orcs in camps since his good hearth made him imposible to murder them all. But now, reports come from the camps in the south, a band of orcs have raided Hammerfall and settled there! The King must act as soon as posible to destroy this threat once for all, before they can rise again and put the kingdom in fire.

Arthas
    The prince Arthas have been ordered as paladin and the order of the Silver Hand rejoices. Uther, his mentor, is proud of him, but fears if the young and proud prince would be able to deal with both his huge tasks: being a prince and a paladin. His father, Therenas, is bussy planning to defend the south from the uprising orcs, so has ordered his son to take care of some reports of illness in the north. If this is a proof for the boy or a really important task, is still unknown. But Arthas will do his best to prove his father and mentor that he is able to protect Lordaeron. His duty is to travel across Lordaeron studying this new plague and delete any undead he could met till he finds and destroys the guilties...

Dalaran
    The Kingdom of Dalaran is a city state of great Wizzards ruled by the council. Among them all, Antonidas is the wisiest and most powerful. He was not happy with Therenas decision of imprisioning the orcs, but he accepted it too. Even he decided to take care of one of those camps in Dalaran's lands, if it must be done, it should do the best as posible. Now, Antonidas have recieved news of the orcs rising again, his camp is still quiet, but he must secure the land before is too late, and help Lordaeron to keep the orcs jailed. Also, Therenas sent him news about a weird plague in the North that could be of magic nature, the king has sent his son to investigate, but magic is the role of Dalaran, so Antonidas has ordered Jaina to join his friend of childhood to investigate the plague together.

Dwarves
    The dwarves of Lordaeron are based in 3 points: the great clan of the Wildhammers in Aerie Peak, the Stormpeak in Dun Baldr to mine the alterac mountains and the base of Dun Garok to help the dwarves of Hillsbrad and protect the mine of Azurehold. And they all have the same problem: orcs and trolls. Those beasts have attacked them one day and another, the orcs may be imprisioned by the humans, but some of them were hided in the mountains and the dwaves have had to deal with them, now, even the jailed ones are rising again; and the orcs of Jintha'lor are eager for war. The dwarves are in a truble, and would need the help of Dalaran and Lordaeron to survive.

Quel'Thalas
    The elves of Quel'Thalas have survived tons of wars, and in all of them have been the trolls of Zul Aman. The last one ended few years ago, the Second War people calls it... The Alliance won, people says.... But not the elves, the forests of Quel'thalas were burnt and the trolls are still alive and healthy in Zul Aman. The elves at least had Zul'jin, their leader, and were torturing him to avenge his kin, when an orc raid allowed him to scape. Now, the King Anasterian have ordered his people to retake southern Quel'thalas. Whit the temples and runestones protecting his main land and Tal'shara recovering the woods, an army of rangers and nearly the best mages on earth, the high elves will endure.

Silver Hand
    After the invasion of the Horde in Stormwind, the bishop Alonsus Faol trained his priests in war and some knights in the light, all of them became one thing: paladins. Warriors of the light to protect humanity from any evil that could come. Now, the Order of the Silver Hand, is in charge of protecting Azeroth. Settled in the green lands of Northren and Eastern Lordaeron, they have good and strong holds and keeps where they rise their powerful paladins and knights. They are the migthier army of Lordaeron, armed not only with steel but the light itself. Reports of undeads have started to appear across the kingdom, and they should purge them all. If trolls dare to invade the lands of the king, they shall suffer the rage of the order too.

Undeads

House Barov
    The House Barov is a rich family of Lordaeron who holds lands in Brill and Hillsbrad, along with their keep of Caer Darrow. And having so much lands have also a bad side: taxes. When the king Therenas decided to imprison the orcs in camps, lord Alexei Barov accepted cause he tought slavery would be a great thing to rise his income in the farms of the south, close to the camps. But he now regrets of it, Therenas doesnt allow slavery, and he has rised tons of taxes to pay the internament camps. Barov, with all his holdings, have much to pay... To much... And a great wizzard has came to him with a great offert: allow me to hide in ur lands, and u will inherit Lordaeron. A nice deal for Alexei, now is Therenas time to pay.

Cult of the Damned
    Keltuzad was once a great wizzard of Dalaran, one of the best in the city, he was always eager of power knowledge. He wanted to learn from Mediv, but Mediv is gone with his tower, and another master came to show him new great powers. A power in the cold north called him, and he answered. In exchange of his soul and servitude he was granted a great power. And now, with a plague in development, has been sent to Lordaeron to prepare the chaos. The farmers of Lordaeron are angry, Therenas has raised tons of taxes to feed the orcs, they dont agree with having to work for those beasts, they won the war, not the orcs!! So Kelthuzad has started to talk with them, about a new religion, a new kingdom, a new world, a world were they will rule, where they wont be slaves any longer, where they wont suffer pain or hungry... And they have listened...

Malganis (Legion)
    Nerzhul, the Lich King, has been ordered by the legion to create a plague to turn the humans of Lordaeron into undeads, and destroy the kingdom from within. The orcs failed, but the undeands wont. Kelthuzzad have been already sent to Lordaeron, but the Legion doesnt trust Nerzhul and have sent Malganis to Northrend to oversee him. And Malganis doesnt trust Kelthuzzad, as he is, after all, a human; so he will take part of the plague they are preparing and will try to turn the humans into undeads himself, this also has a good point, those he convert would serve him directly, not those filthy orc and human of Nerzhul and Kelthuzzad. His main task is call his masters into Lordaeron, but to do that, he needs Kelthuzzad, so yes, they would be forced to work together.

Trolls

Zul Aman

The trolls of Zul Aman once controlled all Lordaeron, first the elves and then the humans, have pushed them back to Zul Aman. Some years ago, they allied with the Horde, and tried to destroy Quelthalas, but those stupid orcs decided to focus in Lordaeron and its humans, and Zuljin, the Amani warlord felt it as a traison, even more, the orcs were defeated and so they were... So the Amani wont ever ally again those useless orcs, they will get the victory by their own. Trolls would inherit the land again, and to secure it, they have a great weapon: the loa. Zul Aman was once the hearth of a great empire, and due to this, it still hold 4 temples to 4 great loas, the Amani can ask their help to empower their troops, and maybe, if its needed... Take it by force.

Jin'Thalor
    The Vilebranch of Jintha'Alor and the Witherback of Sadra'Alor have allied together to restore the great troll empire. To fulfill this goal, the Witherbark have made a deal with the Boulderfist ogres that live next to them in the Arathi Highlands to destroy the remnants of Lordaeron there, leaded from Stromgarde. They were happy cause humans somehow are now weak and divided, and the dwarves were few and weak. But the Horde is gathering again and is trying to take all Arathi. The trolls wont allow that. And apart from Ogre support they have 2 weapons to get their objectives: Sadra, the spider goddess of Sadra'Alor will help them if needed; and Jintha'Alor hides an egg, an evil egg that with enough blood will bring Hakkar the Soulflayer to the world.

The Horde

The Horde

Thrall was a prisioner in Durnholde Keep, but he managed to scape and joint with Grom Hellscream, leader of the Warsong, he lead him to a hiden valley in Alterac where the Frostwolves live so he coulded learn the history of his people and become a shaman. Then, Orgrimm Doomhammer, leader of the Horde, asked him for help to free all the orcs, of course, the young shaman accepted and went to Hammerfall. After a great ballte, the Horde won, but Orgrim had died. Thrall has created the first Stronghold of the Horde, Hammerfall, to honour Orgrimm. And now, as new warchief of the Horde, he will lead all the orcs to destroy all the internament camps and free the tons of orcs that live as slaves there. He has sent a message to the Alliance: "let my people be free and live in Arathi and we could live together in peace and trade"(LORE). But the Alliance have denied the offer, well, once Arathi becomes the horde new home, they will avenge into both the slaver humans and the traitor trolls.
    • Like Like x 6
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Hope you like it.

Any doubt about factions, events, systems, ask it, dont be shy.

If u want to point some idea or anything about lore, map, etc, feel free to do it.

If someone wants to help me u are welcome to send me a MP to colaborate.

Greetings!
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

+ Trolls. The trolls are an ancient race that once ruled Lordaeron. They are used to live in the woods, so they are the best lumberjacks of all lordaeron.
    o_O
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

What is wrong there? :D
  5. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

best lumberjacks
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

The fights are tought to be the following:

+ Quelthalas vs Zul Aman. Two of the strongest factions figthing eachother. Quelthalas has lodges in eastern lordaeron and hinterlands, so in theory, he can choose to help vs plague and vs jintha'alor, but he shouldnt or he would be overrun by zul aman, but a great player could try it... Zul Aman has a base in Eastern lordaeron, so he could try to invade it when the humans are away fighting undeads, but he shouldnt or he would be overrun by quelthalas...

+ Lordaeron, part of Dalaran and Dwarves vs Jintha'Alor and the Horde. The Horde will have the strongest snowball ingame, they start really small, but they get tons of troops and resources for free whenever they take a internment camp. Also, they get gold for every building they attack, so they can be constantly harrasing. In addition to this, orcs pig farms are better at the start than any other faction income, needs much less land to be built and u can move the pigs in case u need to run to safer place. Even if orcs and trolls are not allied, they could somehow fight together vs the common enemy, and even if they dont, the most probably is that the horde would end fighting in Arathi and the trolls in the Hinterlands. The alliance will need to coordinate, since dwarves could be eaisly overrun, and the more land Dalaran and Lordaeron concede to the enemy, the harder it would be to stop them.

+ Arthas, part of Dalaran (Jaina) and Silverhand will need to move across Lordaeron to prevent Malganis and CotD to plague much farms or they would be fucked. It will be an intense cat and mice game where the alliance ones will try to destroy cultitst before they plague stuff but without going mindless into a trap full of zombies. Silverhand should use his strong troops to delete all undeads that could spawn....

House Barov is unique and special (that said his mum), at the start they are allies of the Alliance, and have freedom to creep, take rebel lands, attack orcs, trolls... Till the plague is launched.
    - If Alliance attacks Barov before Plague. Tons of peasants and lords across Lordaeron, angry with the tiranic Therenas will riot, joining to House Barov army.
    - If Barov attacks Allaince before Plague. They become enemies and no spawns appear.
    - If Plague is launched, Barov insta turn enemy of Alliance.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

lore or spelling? :D
  8. Mr.Jesus

Mr.Jesus

I was hopeing their might be an undead trolls path? :-)
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

In the first release there wont be second chances, since i want it to be played as soon as posible. Also, second chances would be MUCH weaker than the starting faction, so people is not eager to betray his allies, and wil fight hard to win.

About trolls, the second chances i have tought are:
    + Drakkari. If they get smashed by Nerzhul undead hordes, they will be able to become Undead Drakkari under Drakuru command and join the Undead team.
    + Jintha'Alor. If they are deleted by Horde and Alliance, the Revantusk tribe can overthrow the Vilebranch and Whiterback ones, and join the orcs in the Horde.
    When a troll faction betrays, they loses all their Loa related stuff, like Sadra and Hakkar for Jintha'Alor.

But as i said, no for first version soz. Once i have this 12 factions working, i could think about adding second chances, paths, and the extra factions, like: Gilneas, Drakkari, Nerzhul and maybe Kul Tiras (wich one should be the 4th added is still under study and i guess i will decide it once the first release is out and i can check balance).
  10. Smyl

Smyl The Last Crusade shall visit even you! Brigand Map Maker

I am just going to drop it here. When me and Wrath created FoD, we had 7 Horde players, 3 draenei and then one arrakoa and one Ogre. Arrakoa and Ogre could never win, because they were alone.
    The same thing will happen here with Horde. They cannot win against for example if Alliance wins, or undeads (2 vs 1 still works, but 3 vs 1 is too much not considering 5 vs 1).
    Just mark that, maybe you have some options, events etc. but before you start developing it, just consider it.

Otherwise, I really like the concept and hope it works out for you.
    • This This x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1