1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Den 5112

Den 5112

Yep maybe adding some doodas will make it look even more better anyway even without them it looks amazing.;)
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

More doodads? Shit, idk what else to add :D. Maybe some armor/weapon rack in the city... Or even MORE mushrooms, trunks and flowers in the forests... I accept suggestions.
  3. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

I think it look great. Does the pathing work around those trees? Too appease the others you could and some logs, bushes or hollow stumps in, maybe in areas around the lumber mill trees already cut down. I don't know what else you could add to the forest. Vines would not fit in.
    Unoriginal idea for a hero skill:
    If you've ever played dota; Omniknight has a healing skill that does damage to nearby units in a small aoe. That would be cool for Alexandros, Uther or another badass paladin. I have no idea how you would do it, but it would be cool.
    Ive been playing some campaign missions to try and help you come up with some ideas. There are a few named creeps (Menag the bandit and Searinox for example) if you want add them in and they could drop minor items like +5 attack damage or and Orb of Fire.
    What you got so far seems spot on, cultist plaguing hay and villagers turning to undead, Arthas and Jainia investigating and trying to stop it. Uther coming in with the cavalry to save the day. Good stuff!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Im glad u like it.

What trees? If u mean going straight from Stratholme to Darrowshire, its not supposed to be a clear path in early game, u should chop a bit around it to walk freely. On the other hand, yes, the road is a free way across Lordaeron.

There are already logs (stump isnt the same as log?) around the forests, and flowers and mushrooms. But they are not giant, maybe u dont see them cause its too zoomed out. Im trying the map to look realistic, and having a fallen log x3 times the size of a real tree was weird to me, the same with giant mushrooms so big as a soldier :D. If i realize they are few i will add more doodads, dont worry.

I was betatester of dota 2 loooong time ago. But havent played since then (like... 7-8 years? :D). So u mean a skill that heals 1 ally guy and dmg nerby enemy foes? Or u can heal only urself? Its interesting skill, i may add it. Tought i think it fits more... SC paladins, since does dmg to everyone. For pure paladins light Uther, Alexandros, etc i was thinking more about light skills that only dmg undeads. So they will be better vs ud faction, but worse vs living ones. (ofc not all their roster will work this way, for example it can have 1 light strike like this, one aura, 1 mele strike and 1 healing). This will fit lore, and also, give them a role ingame that will lead them to focus with UDs and not rushing trolls or orcs. Also, if trolls/orcs become op in one game, SH faction may have a reason to become SC, since SC will be deadly to the living too. But i like ur idea. I had tought in healing/dmging spells, but not something that does both.

I started to watch a YT video with all the campaign of roc to get some ideas according to lore. But i have no time for it. (on the other hand i have spent tons of hours reading lore, but i can read about the character i want, when i want, and the video was more "eat this" :D). So i apreciate any coment u may do, menag is the bandit in Stanbrand? I have already added bandits there, i could give an item to one of them, yep.

Indeed, yesterday i ended coding the "plague farm" stuff. Ingame this will work this way:
    + Acolytes can turn invisible with an "orb of disguise" (skill) to move sneaky around Lordaeron.
    + If they find an unprotected farm, they can place a plague chauldron near to it. The chauldron will be hidden and unoticed, the farm will keep working normally.
    + After some time, the mixture has fermented and its ready to plague the grain of the farm. So you can click it and use "Plague nerby farms", wich will turn nerby lordaeron farms into Plagued Farms under ur control.
    + You can decide WHEN to use the chauldron, it is not auto used once its ready. This means u can wait till several chauldrons across lordaeron are ready to be used, plaguing various farms all across the realm at the same time!! But if u are greedy, that will give time to alliance heroes to discover some of ur chauldrons and destroy them, risk-reward.
    + If u dont use the chauldron after some time, the mixture will break down and you will need to place a new chauldron (the previous one just dissapears).
    + Every lordaeron farm will spawn small 4-5 zombies and 1-2 necromancers (still need to decide it) when they become Plagued Farm, to represent the workers of the farm that have been infected.

I can easily balance this stuff with several factors, for example:
    + If alliance is always overrun by plaguing, i rise the time needed to ferment. So alliance heroes has more time to discover them.
    + If uds are always able to do multiple attacks and have an easy win, i can decrease the rotting time for the mixture, forcing him to coordinate better for having a massive attack.
    + If uds manage to plague farms, but their attacks are useless. I can increase the number of units spawned by every farm when corrupted.

As i explained before, this "plaguing" feature, has an easy counter: reveal. After some mins of game, (10 in beta i think), the alliance would have "investigated the plague" and is able to "uncover plagued grain and acolytes". That translates ingame into humans being able to do a research that gives true sight to their towers and maybe 1 unit. Making acolytes fucking hard to move around the realm, and chauldrons easily destroyable. Without needing the heros to go from here to there chasing.

Also, nowadays, the idea is that Uther, Jaina and Arthas are able to "Investigate the plague" (aka reveal :D), if its too easy for them, i can reduce the number of heroes able to do it. Maybe erasing jaina from the list so dalaran completly focus in the horde/barov. Beta plays will say it.

PD: Im studying the option to create another similar skill called: "Deliver plagued grain" that will be used on houses instead of farms. It will spawn several zombies and turn the house into ud too. To allow more and better attacks from uds. But Plagued Farm should be able to recruit soldiers and the house dont. What do u think about it?

PD2: Yes, the acolytes becomes VISIBLE while they are plaguing, so a quick and good player, with good micro, will be able to notice where acolytes are plaguing, and tell it to the alliance heros to move them there and clean the farm before is too late. But this will need coordiantion, and can be countless acolytes and only 3 heroes...

PD3: The other skill of acolytes is "Proselytize", it turns a human worker into a new acolyte (convers it to the religion of the shadow). Im considering how much mana/cd should this skill have. And how much mana the new acolyte should have, to dont be op. The new one wont have enough mana for convert another worker, so there is no posible "snowball". But... Should the new one be able to plague a farm? Or a house? And, should the old one have enough mana yet to plague a farm or a house after converting a peasant?

Awaiting for ur feedback :D
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Quick note (its my thread and i double post when i want) :D.

Im REALLY considering to give workers to UD factions and leave ghouls just as warriors. This is due to 4 reasons:
    + I can make ghouls more useful. Like "light cavalry", good for scout, backstab and destroy squishy units with high dmg.
    + I can balance better UD faction economy. Also, workers will use to take more time to be recruited than normal warriors. So splitting allows me to give proper times each unit.
    + I can control better the cost of ghouls, since they have only 1 role. So i dont make them too expensive to be worthless as fighting unit.
    + In lore, most factions of uds used undeads or skeletons to build and work, not "magic" :/ (even if they used magic sometimes to rise citadels for example, like naxxramas).
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Den 5112

Den 5112

Making a skill to plague houses is a good idea but you must make him a big mana cost and cd or it will make a snowball from zombies in the city.And about 'Proselytize' skill, i think new acolytes must be able to plague farms,but the old one mast not have enough mana to plague after converting.This conception will help you make this skill worth it but will dont make him op.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Hi den. Yes, dont worry, a lonely acolyte shouldnt be able to plague all houses in a city in a row. (maybe malganis will...)

Lets talk avout ur idea with proselitize:
    + You say new acolyte can plague.
    + Old acolyte cant plague after proselitize.

That means proselitize must cost more mana than plague farm. Other way, the new acolyte (who can plague) would be able to proselytize aswell, allowing them to convert a full town just with one starting acolyte, a snowball i would like to avoid.

So if proselitize costs more than plague farm u can proselitize another peasant and then make that new acolyte acolyte to plague the farm. So... Why would anyone even prefer to plague the farm first? You can have both!

Thats why i think new acolyte shouldnt be able to plague for some seconds. U can be greedy and try to get both, but meanwhile alliance could come (i think i will set proselitize as an "agression" so u recieve an alert. But plaguing farms doesnt show any alert till the dmg is done, u need to be good or lucky to notice the acolytes while plaguing).

Pd: if anyone has cool ideas for malganis. U are welcome.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Den 5112

Den 5112

Ideas of what type: events or skills etc?
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Any kind. Everything would be readed, studied and if not good enough, discarded :D.

Na, seriously, u can suggest whatever u want, i will read any comment u make or stuff u sugget: units, events, hero skills, basic unit skills, etc. I dont assure u i will include it, but i can assure i will read it ^^.

Btw, i have been developing a cool skill (or system...) for ud faction gameplay. Still testing some stuff but it looks quite cool and unique.
  10. reddragon25

reddragon25

Scourge killing Dragon aspects and raising them into undead versions would be cool.Along with their dragonflights of course. It would require the lich king to reanimate them personally too.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018