1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Den 5112

Den 5112

So if it not a secret tel us please Elbadruhel what is a nowday stage of map and how soon we will see the beta ;).Also it is interersting can high elf have kael or no.
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Kael is a Dalaran hero. By this time, he was one of the rulers of Dalaran (council of six). My current idea is that if Quelthalas falls, u lose Kael, so Dalaran should help elves if they are rushed.

All Lordaeron is currently maped, except Quelthalas and Northrend. I may be mapping quelthalas this afternoon. All the faction rosters are designed and units implemented except Zul Aman and northrend ones. I still need to "polish" a bit uds factions and rosters to make them more unique and cool. All alliance factions (7) are already implement, with most of their heroes ingame, i will show u more pics similar to this with high elves soon. Jintha'alor faction is completly ended, even tooltips. Horde faction needs a lill touch to balance them and end few heroes skills.

I hope to keep the beta release date i said time ago: around 15 july.

You can suggest me ideas for skills or other stuff and i may implement them if i like them and they fit the game. Also, the less i have to think and imagine, the faster i can code it :D
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Den 5112

Den 5112

Dala lose kael at all or lose to quel.
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Kael'thas is member of the Kirin tor, leader of the council of six - Dalaran Hero.
    Quel'thalas falls, the HE asks their prince for help. Kael'thas leaves Dalaran and restores Silvermoon, leaving the realm seeking for vengeance and power - Dalaran lose him as hero. Silvermoon restored.
    Kael'thas leaves his great magister, Rommath, to support his needed people while he is far away - HE gets Rommath as hero.

Not currently ingame, neither will be in beta:
    Kael joins the New Alliance looking for vengeance, helping Garithos - "posible future feature for New Alliance path for Lordaeron once Therenas dies".
    Kael accepts the fel as source of power for his people. - "Kael joins Legion or some "legion team" path of other faction as hero."

On the other hand, Dalaran nowadays has:
    + Antonidas. Leader of the Kirin Tor. Cant ress. Dies if Dalaran is destroyed.
    + Jaina. Archmage of Dalaran. (your true main hero).
    + Kael. Crown Prince of Quelthalas (already explained).

If Dalaran falls, u can call Rhonin, the new leader of the Kirin Tor. Rhonin with enough lvl can gather other mages and rebuild and rise Dalaran from its crater, giving u "New Dalaran".

Nowadays, if Quelthalas falls u can get Kalec (to replace Kael), but i may change him with Modera or something, still not sure.

NOTE: HE can turn only BE when restoring Silvermoon. They can be in Alliance or ask horde to join them. They wont ever turn UD or Demon.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. Den 5112

Den 5112

Thank you for your answer glad to see map is developing in interesting ways ;).
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I could send an alpha version to a reduced amount of players in few days. Just to test skills, events, tooltips, buildings, units, etc. If someone is interested, say it to me.

Once the alpha is tested and i fix the bugs could appear, and the map has a good starting point to play in multiplayer, i will release a beta and will arrange a multiplayer game with those interested (alpha testers would have priority in case too much people wants to join that first game).

Im going to add @Woodenplank and @SvnmS in the credits, cause without their teaching and help in triggers i could have never be able to create this map. I will also mention @Marshmalo cause she has gently offered me her cool building models for my map (even if i have not tried to use them yet due to w3 editor issues :D). I may add testers to those credits too.

Im glad u like the map and hope u will enjoy it.

Greetings!
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

For all of those that have been interested in being alpha testers, trough mp, wall post or discord, thanks. If anyone else is interested, u can ask me till the day i send the alpha to them.

Btw, u will be able to test whatever u want, ofc, but i would like to have all factions tested, so i will appreciate if all the alpha testers could tell me wich 6 factions or so they like more. So i can distribute a bunch of them to test each so they are all tested (i repeat, u can test more stuff and thell it to me, i dont care if 1 faction is tested 20 times. But i want everyone at least being tested once).

Idk where to talk about the testings and so on, if in a new thread or in a discord channel, i will ask u all in private.

Greetings!
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ok, i ended Amani roster:

upload_2018-7-16_5-55-30.png

While the trolls of Jintha'alor lacks on cavalry and focus on ogre tough units and great troll magics, the trolls of Zul Aman, heirs of the great Amani Empire, focus their strenght in their own power and loas, they dont rely on stupid ogres or dark magics.

They will use one of the best armies in the game (talking about soldiers, not whole army) using a good variety of different well trained and naturally agile strong amani trolls. As u can see in the pic: Amani bear rider (heavy cavalry), Amani boar rider (light cavalry, bonus vs armour), amani warrior (light infantry, bonus vs cavalry), Amani Axethrower (light infantry, ranged, bonus vs armour) and Amani smuggler (light infantry). U can use more one or others depending on ur enemy army composition, being able to face human heavy troops and cavalry or elven ligh units.

They will be accompanied by orcish demolishers that the orcs left in Zul Aman after the 2nd war and some troll batriders, a not so good flying unit. Their strenght relies in the army, not air, siege or magics.

But if pure tactic and army doesnt makes u happy, the Amani still have a GREAT ally: the loas. U will start with several temples in Zul Aman at the start of the game, in wich your workers will be able to pray to the loas. Your great gods, in exchange, will be able to empower your units, turning them into: Jan'alai Claws (light unit, ranged), Halazzi Chosen (light infantry, bonus vs armour), Akil'zon Priest (caster) or Nalorakk Champion (light infantry, ranged, bonus vs armor). With no gold cost, what means u could great STRONG units for reduced price. But your enemy can denny u this great units, attacking your city-empire of Zul Aman and destroying those temples in wich the loas live. But well, if u are not able to protect ur own home and gods, u dont deserve their power.

Your Elite Unit is the Dire Troll, a specially large, muscled and powerful kind of troll. Able to take great amount of damage and inflict even more. These known berserkers excell among their kind and looks to have been chosen by the old gods to rise the might of the Amani once again.

Finally, ur hero roster is (from left to right):
    + Tresh'jin. Leader of the Mossflayer tribe, will control the southwestern entrance to Zul Aman. Might try to attack the Eastweald from his base in Mazra'alor.
    + Draakara. Champion of Zul'jin. The chosen champion of Zul'jin, he is leading the amani while the great warlord is away. A strong hero for ur early game that will start in Zul Aman itself. Ready to gather its forces to attack the elves or defend the temples till Zul'jin comes back.
    + Kazra'jin. Leader of the council of Elders, this great warrior and shadowpriest will start in Tor'Watha, protecting the northren gate to Zul Aman and ready to defend the external troll settlements from an early farstrider attack... Or attack them himself in a "preventive attack" to secure Quelthalas to their true owners, the amani.
    + Zul'jin. Warlord of the Amani. Zul'jin is the greatest warrior have been ever seen among the amani. He lead the tribe in a brutal war agaisnt the elves to reconquer their homeland: quelthalas, but when he was about to win, the Horde betrayed him, he was trapped by the elves and the amani were defeated. He will start the game missing, cause he is jailed by the elves. But at some point u will be able to rescue him and he will lead his tribe once again, even with just 1 arm, he needs nothing else to cleave Anasterias throat.

PD: At the start, there were 4 temples in Zul Aman, everyone of its respective Loa, according to lore. But due to gameplay and balance, i decided to merge them all into "Temple of the Loa" and allow them all to empower troll in the 4 different units. So the player can focus just in one of them if he prefers it and if he loses 1 temple he is not fucked by losing 1 unit of his roster, u just wont have "4 barracks", only when u lose the 4 temples u lose the 4 units. But well, if the enemy is able to destroy whole zul aman, u are fucked already :-)

PD2: Im considering to allow the temples to empower a bit ur heroes too, like giving 1 agi/str/int to ur hero (or a bit bigger amount) so even if u dont want to focus in those special units or u are so pro that u keep ur army alive and dont need to recruit more, u still have an usage for the temples, wich is supposed to be key feature of amani. Also, being a faction in a so small team could be hard even with good heroes, good units and good variety. So having a way to "make ur heroes a bit better with time" could be nice for late game fights.

PD3: Even if i want amani to have few casters, i think 1 could be too few :D. So... Im considering to give the hawk, bear and wolf ones 1 spell each, so u will "somehow" have 2 full casters. Also this could encourage the player to pick that other special unit even if he doesnt really need his kind of armor/Dmg, but his skill could outplay his enemy. More options and strategies allowed. What do u think?

PD4: I have not posted much things last days cause all small ideas, coments and advances have been posted in the discord where the alpha testers are. Im posting here only "important stuff" or "finalized stuff" :D. Not bothering u with small stuff, but dont worry, the map is full speed ahead :p

Hope u like it!
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Here i show u some maths about my map. In case u want to learn a bit of how it works.

Lets talk about "combat system". As u all know, is really easy to learn, untis will be Light Infantry, Light Cavalry, Heavy Infantry or Heavy Cavalry. Talking about armies ofc, casters, siege and heroes are out of this. Also, untis can have mele or ranged dmg, ranged has the advantage of having more range (thanks, thanks, i know it was hard to concieve that) but has the disadvantage of being able to be stoped with shields.

This looks quite plain, but units can also have 2 kind of bonus: "Perforating", that makes the unit deal 200% damage agaisnt heavy units (heavy infantry or heavy cavalry), units with axes, crossbows or shotguns will have this one; or "Spearing", that makes the unit deal 200% damage agaisnt cavalry units (light cavalry or heavy cavalry), units with spears or javelins will have this one. Again, heroes, casters and siege are out of this.

And you could say: only 2 skills to do x2 dmg? Looks simple and boring... Well, its simple to learn, but hard to master, u will need to know wich kind of armor/dmg has every unit to counter it properly and get the best "gold advantage". What that means? Easy. Units with no bonus in dmg, will be able to have bigger raw damage, making them better to fight light infantry units or to make an "all around army", on the other hand, units with bonus dmges (perforating/spearing) will have reduced dmg, but a bigger one after aplying the x2 bonus, this makes them better to fight agaisnt their proper enemy, giving u gold avantage (u will inflict more dmg than the one you would be able to do with a normal weapon paying the same gold).

Having in mind that you will also be able to have different kind of armours in ur units, this gives tons of chances and posibilities, making also every kind of unit fit more a kind of player: newbie or pro one, good micro or better focus just in skills, risky or safe, etc. making everyone feel more comfortable with one or other faction depending in wich kind of units it has, with humans having more HC and HI and trolls and orcs relying more in light units, for example.

Here you have a simple table with some data that relate armour kinds with "the time it will take to kill it with certain kind of weapon, aka gold advantage".

If you have a Light Infantry unit and you are attacked by: Normal (x1 times), Perforating (x1.5) or Spearing(x1.5).
    If you have Heavy Infantry: x1.3, x1 and x2.
    If you have Light Cavalry: x1.3, x2 and x1.
    If you have Heavy Cavalry: x1.6, x1.25 and x1.25.

The numbers are not exact, and they are related to internal values of gold costs of units, made with a math program. But it gives u an idea of how units, armour and dmges work.

As you can see, if u choose a unit with Perforating or Spearing dmg, and u fight vs the contrary kind of armour, u are fucked, but if u face the proper one, u are a winner. The normal dmg is potentially the worst, but is the safest since it can never be fully countered, unless is only 100% worth vs light infantry units. Heavy Infantry and Light Cavalry can get great outcomes if u take them vs correct enemy, but could be completly countered; on the contrary, Heavy Cavalry can be countered by both perforating and spearing, but not completly, making those units a good choice if u just want brute force.

Summarizing:
    - Newbies should focus in normal dmg, light infantry and heavy cavalry.
    - Pros can play around spearing/perforating dmg bonus to outplay their enemies and use heavy infantry/light cavalry to rekt them.

All this numbers may change with time, i have already a bunch of good forum members and friends to test the map and check if these values are fine or something is "fucking op" :D.

Hope you like it, any idea, tell it to me.

Greetings!
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

The process of working have been reduced due to: work designing new engineering stuff to save lives and make hard work of people easier and holidays with friends. But im advancing step by step every time i have time. Soon i will send the alpha testers a version to check faction armies (and they will be able to move around the map a bit to check sizes, bases, number of pop in each area, blame me, etc) :D
    • Like Like x 1