1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Those in the discord already know this. For the rest of you:
    - I have started to work on the map again (after summer delay).
    - Lordaeron faction is 90% ended (except Heroes). With units, skills, upgrades, shortcuts, items, icons, tooltips, buildings,... Everything like it will be in final release (except posible balance changes).
    - Elven faction is 90% ended (except Heroes). With units, skills, upgrades, shortcuts, icons, items, tooltips, buildings,... Everything like it will be in final release (except posible balance changes).
    - Im working to end Dwarf, Eastweald, Dalaran, Silver Hand and First Legion: some buildings, skills, icons and tooltips are left. The rest is done. Lets say 80% done.
    - Orc, Jinthalor and Amani factions are WIP: some skills are left, and most icons and tooltips. Lets say 70% done.
    - Undead factions are still too green. 40% done.

I wont be posting to much stuff here, cause i do in my discord channel where betatesters are. If you want to know more news, share toughts, comment ideas, etc, join the discord, its free and much easier for me to communicate with u all.

Im going to share "soon" a version in the discord to do small battles between armies to test their power and balance the factions even more before final version is released so i have a stable version once ended. This is specially posible since Blizzard opened warcraft ports in last patch.

Greetings.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Well i ended all Alliance rosters, buildings, skills, etc (7 factions, so i have more of 50% them finished) some days ago. And since then i have been focused in creating cool spells to make every hero feel unique and "close to lore". I will show you my first 100% ended creation:

Jaina Proudmore, Archmage of Dalaran.

Lore
    Jaina is the daughter of the Admiral Daelin Proudmore, the King of Kul Tiras. She left her home to study in Dalaran since she looked like a promising sorcerer. There, Antonidas, leader of the kirin Tor, soon took her as his aprentice and got very close to the growing girl. After yaers of learning, Jaina has became a great wizzard and recieved the title of Archmage from her beloved master, who hopes that she could replace him some day. Few days ago, news of a plague in the North have arrived to Dalaran, and so Antonidas has ordered the princess of Kul Tiras to march to the North and help Arthas in his task of studying this new plague... Before is too late.

Role Ingame
    Jaina is one of the starting heroes of Dalaran. While Antonidas is probably the most powerful, he cant be ressed. And prince Kaelthas may leave the city at some point to return to his beloved elven kingdom. What leaves Jaina somehow as the "main" hero of Dalaran. Specially if you have in mind that she is one of the only 3 heroes that will be able to detect the plague in the first mins of gameplay! You need to keep her alive and safe to be able to track the cultists and stop them, and since the Undeads will try to hunt her down, she has some nice defensive spells to avoid their claws.

Spells

upload_2018-10-12_22-25-21.png

As all "special" heroes in my map, Jaina has 2 basic spells from start, apart from all her lvling up roster, that are bound to her lore and will help to give her a "unique" touch.
    upload_2018-10-12_22-23-49.png
    upload_2018-10-12_22-24-30.png

This two spells are "excluding", what meas that if Jaina has her elemental fighting whit her, and she uses the Ice Block, the elemental dissapears. And if she is in the ice block, she cant call him back. As its explained in the spell, Jaina CAN use her basic spells (except Arcane Blink) while frozen, this means she can do great damage from a safe position. But this has a bad point, she is inmovile, so she cant scape and can be easily surrounded by enemy forces. You must see this "Ice Block" as a tool to obtain time till you get your CD backs or reinforcements arrives, it has 180 sec CD and last for 15 seconds.

upload_2018-10-12_22-25-5.png
    An usual Blizzard from vanilla, except that (as the Kultira Blood passive says) it applies "Frosty" wich slows enemy units a 40%.

upload_2018-10-12_22-27-56.png
    Your main damage spell, good in single target. If your Blizzard, Elemental or a previous Ice Bolt has already affected an enemy, it will caure more damage. So to fight agaisnt a Jaina you will probably want to focus her elemental first. (im considering if the skill should restore mana or have less CD when used vs Frozy, we will see with tests).

upload_2018-10-12_22-30-34.png
    As student of Antonidas, Jaina has learnt some arcane tricks, and this short tp is one the best. Will allow you to scape a short distance to dont get surrounded... Or jump into the fight to destroy them all!

upload_2018-10-12_22-31-37.png
    As Jaina would prove in the future, if she studies enough and get more power, she would be able to release a massive flood that will make armies crumble!

PD: All comments, ideas, doubts and suggestions are welcomed :-)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Time for our next finished hero, your favourite prince:

Kael'thas Sunstrider, Crown prince of Quel'thalas

Lore

Kael is the Crown Prince of Quel'Thalas, the son of the old King Anasterian. He is loved by his people, who adore him and his family, the Sunstriders. To serve his folk, Kael has traveled to the human city-kingdom of Dalaran, where he has been studying for years to improve his magic, even becoming one of the members of the Council of Six, the leaders of Dalaran, another way to learn his goverment skills for the day he finally becomes king.

Role Ingame
    Kael is a destructive hero, few heroes in lordaeron can dream with the power that he can bear. While Jaina is a Frost Mage with Kultiran influences, Dalaran is a pure Fire Mage boosted with the energies of the Sunwell. All his spells are focused in causing destruction, specially against small enemies, wich he considers unworthy of his attention. Kael will have troubles fighting strong mele fighters and assasins, but will excell cleaning enemy big armies of small units, like mass of summoned undeads. What will be awesome for Dalaran faction since it will have few resources to build a big army. But as i said before, Kael is the Prince of Quel'thalas and as much of his kind he gets power from the Sunwell, so eventually, he will leave Dalaran Faction to help his own Kingdom and restore Silvermoon and the Sunwell (if them falls).

Spells

upload_2018-10-13_19-22-16.png

As an important hero, Kael has 2 basic skills: Arcane Barrier, wich is the best absortion shield ingame and Fiery Spheres, wich will boost him. Fiery Spheres are the unique touch of kael, but he is able to use them only thanks to the power of the Sunwell, if Sunwell falls, Kael will be really weakened, and so he will leave Dalaran Faction to help the elves to restore it, so he can be at his full potential again.

upload_2018-10-13_19-24-20.png
    upload_2018-10-13_19-24-36.png

All Kael basic skills are focused on causing damage, specially against mass of enemies. If he is able to combo his Life Bomb properly with any of his active dmg skills, he may create a chain reaction able to delete BIG armies of low health units.

upload_2018-10-13_19-26-19.png
    upload_2018-10-13_19-26-38.png
    upload_2018-10-13_19-26-57.png
    upload_2018-10-13_19-27-21.png

Kael will suffer agaisnt strong enemies (like War Bears, Strong orcs, abominations, etc) since he wont be able to explode his Life Bomb properly, losing a great part of his damage. Also, you should keep him in a back line, protected by your units or other heroes, his Arcane Barrier is strong, but will drain his mana (unlike Paladin Holy Shield or Ice Block) and he has no movility or CC so he could be easily surrounded or tracked. Finally, Kael is bad agaisnt strong mele heroes (like Grom or Anub Arak) apart from having no movility, due to his W does damage on an area to both allies and enemies, so u will burn urself trying to hit a mele enemy, also, your E is in a row, so if the enemy is quick enough could avoid it.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 22:13
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

And the last hero of Dalaran:

Antonidas, Grand Magus of the Kirin Tor.

Lore
    Antonidas is the ruler of Dalaran. Has fought to defend Lordaeron for nearly 60 years, he became one of the best wizzards of Dalaran with just 12 years, and now, with 70, is a master of Arcane and Fire. He has written books about time and space traveling and fire control. Is a master of protective magic and a kind man. While Gilneas and Stromgarde decided to leave Therenas alone to take care of the orcs, Antonidas stepped forward and decided to support the King. While some mean nobles, like House Barov, wanted to use the orcs as slave workers, Antondias tried to help them and study their illness. He decided that their problem was spiritual and he couldnt help them. But now, news of a plague in the north have arrived, and the old master has started to study its nature, maybe this time he will have something to say to stop that evil...

Role Ingame
    Antonidas is a master of protective magic and a "king". His role ingame will be to be a commander, a leader of men, his skills excells to empower his army and weaken the enemy army. With no strong AOE, he focus on helping his soldiers to survive and defeat the threat together. To reach this goal, he will use his main skill: Fireball, wich excells CCing enemy heroes or big units, like Abominations, giving time to other allies to surround and take it down. If time passes and Antonidas is able to get more power and study, he will discover the magic nature of the plage, and so, he will be able to create a protective field around himself and his nerby allies, that will inflict damage to all enemy undeads inside it. This will be awesome to fight armies of summoned or light undeads, but be careful, cause big targets wont recieve so much damage (is flat) and will be able to reach Antonidas and kill him. The old man rides a horse and has good movility, but has no shields or direct heals, he can only rely on his low regen from fireball when the Runes are Up, and if everything fails, tp far away. But that coud be dangerous, since tp has a long cd and Dalaran might be unprotected...

Spells

upload_2018-10-13_21-57-25.png

upload_2018-10-13_21-57-43.png
    upload_2018-10-13_21-58-0.png

Antonidas Defensive Skill is Arcane Defensive Runes. It has shorter CD than Ice Block and same than Arcane Barrier, but is much worse to protect himself than those 2 spells, on the contrary, will be a great buff to your army. Also, will bring a small healing option to the archmage using fireballs while the buff is up.

upload_2018-10-13_22-0-28.png

Fireball is your main skill. Has the same damage than Ice Bolt, but causes a lill stun. Instead of dealing instant extra damage as Ice Bolt, the Fireball causes a dot. And while jaina slows the enemy, Antonidas makes him attack weaker. Again Antonidas is focused in defensive tasks more than hunting enemies, but he may be a great mate to aim down an enemy hero thanks to his stun.

upload_2018-10-13_22-2-26.png

An awesome CC as leader of armies, Arcane Flash will give your troops a great boost to their survivality agaisnt a blinded enemy... If its not dispeled, of course.

upload_2018-10-13_22-3-18.png

Pasive skill to rise the mana of your other heroes and the tons of casters that Dalaran will use as army. Also helps Antonidas to keep in the fight avodiing as much damage as posible with his other spells.

upload_2018-10-13_22-4-10.png

Antonidas ultimate is useless vs orcs, but strong vs undeads. Since he will be fighting orcs in the early game (when he is not lvl 10 yet) and uds in the late game, it will be a great tool for him to fight mass undeads. But be careful using it, since u will be inmovile while channeling the shield, and maybe an evil prince could want to ride inside the shield to cut your head :-)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Nice selection of abilities and good your picking up this map again Elbadruhel :-)

I thought this had been released but its still in development right? I just went to host it and saw alot of other maps of the same name.
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Its nice to see u like the spells. Yes, i was bussy with university final exams and working on summer, but now i have more time to try to end it. The thread had not so much developing posts cuase i say small stuff on the discord. But for this... "hero release" is better the forum.

Yep, its still in development. I have nearly all rosters done (uds need to be polished), alliance (7 factions) have all buildings and spells done, horde and trolls are done too but need tooltips and shorcuts. So im now working on heroes, once i have some several factions with heroes working i will release an alpha to test armies 1 vs 1 or so to the people of the discord (thanks blizzard to unlocking ports, makes testing much more easier :D).

There are maps with the same name? :( When i decided the name someone commented me that "there is an old map with that name, but shouldnt matter cause that map is dead time ago". But if u say there are active maps to host with this name... I may need to change it, i will think about it, first have something to play with :D.

Feel welcome to comment whatever you want, your experience would be appreciated.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

First hero of the new faction release: Silver Hand.

Uther the Lightbringer, Commander of the Silver Hand.

Lore
    Uther was once a knight, that was chosen by Alonsus Faol to become one of the first paladins of Lordaeron. He soon proved to be touched by the light and became known as "the lightbringer". As one of this first chosen paladins, Alonsus gave him the Libran of Justice, a powerful book that contains the knowledge to become the paragon of one of the aspects of the light: the justice. Uther have been studying it for years, becoming the most righteous paladin in the order, so much that even if the true Lord is Saidan, Uther is the leader of the Order. As so famous paladin, he has been ordered to take care of Arthas Menethil, the proud prince of Lordaeron.

Ingame Role
    Uther is the bastion of the light, the key of Silver Hand and maybe all lordaeron. He is an hero for his order and a legend for his realm. The Commander of the Silver Hand is a leading hero, with skills to boost his armies and allies, specially the melee armies of SH and Lordaeron. He will lead them to victory will keeps them all alive and safe and smashes some undead heads. He is good to keep a dangerous enemy away and protecting squishy heroes, but if you focus to much in protecting others, you could die, and Uther is a non revivable hero ,so u will need to use properly your tools cause if you waste your skills to safe another guy, could find yourself unprotected and surrounded. Uther is one of the 3 heroes able to track the plague (with Arthas and jaina) and so he should be moving around Lordaeron, be careful to avoid Undead ambushes or the light may fade...

Spells

upload_2018-10-14_2-43-56.png

upload_2018-10-14_2-44-17.png

Self explanatory. This is the BEST protective spell ingame: unless arcane barrier it doesnt drain mana, while all the rest of skills are only for yourself, uther can target allies (but risking his own safety) and finally you can move and attack while you are unstopable.

upload_2018-10-14_2-44-31.png

Uther last tool to stay alive. As a non revivable hero so important for the game, he needs some good tools to keep on the fight, specially being a mele hero, who could be asily surrounded. But even if you ress once, if no body comes to help u, u will end dying again, so dont rely too much in Ardent Defender, take it just as your "last hope" to dont lose a key hero.

upload_2018-10-14_2-44-47.png

The light bringer couldnt be a thing without his Holy Light. This powerful spell as Hand of Intervention will allow u to heal your allies or yourself, but at some point you might need to heal urself to survive. Since Uther is a Strenght hero, he wont have infinite mana, so try to dont waste it, to maxime Holy Light you should use it when Uther is below 50% Hp, but it might be too risky. Also, when u are fighting undeads u may prefer to use it as an offensive tool instead, what will give you back 10% of you max mana. At low levels, this 10% means nearly nothing (15 mana or so), but if Uther manages to survive long enough, it could mean that Holy Light would be nearly FREE for him while fighting the deads. That would be a GREAT danger for Ud factions, so they should try to hunt him down before its too late.

upload_2018-10-14_2-45-0.png

Uther is the owner of the Libram of Justice, it will increase 10/20/30/40% the melee damage of your nerby allies. This is a great buff to a faction like SH who mainly relies in melee fighters. If Uther fights close to Lordaeron main army they will benefit a lot too. So u need to chose: focus in buffing my army or focus in useful healing/CCing spells?

upload_2018-10-14_2-46-47.png

As paragon of Justice Uther can throw his hammer to damage and stun an enemy. It will also leave a "repentance" debuff on the target that will make it weaker for few seconds. This could be a good tool to surround an enemy and aim it down (with other allies of course) or Uther unique tool to scape, since u are able to stun and slow a dangerous enemy that is hunting u.

upload_2018-10-14_2-47-7.png

Finally, Uther is able to bring back to life his soldiers to have them fighting for the light once again. If you are using strong SH units (like Silver Hand Knights) this "few" free units could be a good reinforcements for an even fight.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

so uh usually when its a passive
    uwant to make it a passive icon
    instead of an activatable
    • This This x 1
  9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

TBH I thought this map was released already thats why I went to host and noticed all the other mas there, there are old maps called Fall of Lordaeron but they are inactive now and not hosted very often. But it still might be an idea to think up a new name so its less confusing for people who want to host your map. We will soon be moving to blizzards magic cloud map storage so it depends whether anyone uploads the old Fall of Lordaeron maps.
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

You are right. But i had them activable and used them cause i liked the pic. Once i have everything working i will take the "icon converter" and swap every item to the passive/autocast form if needed. I prefer to focus in playability than in flavour nowadays, but i will be fixed. Thanks for pointing it btw ^^

Then i will wait till people move to that storage u are saying, and if no body uploads the dead ones i will keep my name (i like it :D), but if it is filled with all versions of those maps i may change the name to make it unique. Maybe opening a poll or something to get suggestions. Thanks for the info :-)