1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. reddragon25

reddragon25

Will there be an option to blow up the sunwell? It has happened after Quel'thalas fell. The Amani and the forces of Drakhan have besiged the blood elves that have just reclaimed it so Kael'thas chose to blow it up so they can't use it.
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

There will be a Civil War option, but not in first release. I have designed all factions and paths having in mind that civil war option. You can see faction's pathing in a previous post of this thread, in this page i think, whenever it says "Joins legion's team" it means it will stay in legion when civil war happens.

Once Legion is summoned and Mannoroth comes to the world, he can offer his blood to the Warsong clan, and Grommash can drink it, corrupting his clan once again, leaving the Horde and joining the legion team. But mannoroth wont be changed by any other hero, he is a really late game hero, hard to get, and really powerful, i wont design another one that wont ever be used.

The idea is to allow "Fallen Lordaeron" to become "Forsaken" if LK is weakened, giving them the option to ask Thrall to join the Horde. In the same way, BE would be able to ask Thrall to join the Horde if Therenas and Antonidas are dead (dalaran and Lordaeron capital fallen).

But as i said previously, this "betrayal" paths wont be in the first release.

You mean to explode your own sunwell so the enemy doesnt get benefit from it? I dont know, the elves will start with it under control and in a great defensive position, as u can see in the pics. And it will be buffing the elves, making even harder to defeat them and take the sunwell. So if an enemy (Ud or Amani possibly) manage to conquer it, he deserves a great reward, dont you think so?

Also, im thinking about allowing "Sunwell restoration". I have different ideas, tell me wich one do u prefer:
    + Anveena Teague. When Sunwell is absorbed and corrupted, this woman would appear at some point of lordaeron, if u kill her, she drops "Sunwell Essence", you can pick it up and use it to restore Sunwell.
    + Natural and slow restoration. The owner of a corrupted sunwell can use "restore sunwell" to start a slooooooooooooow restoration of the sunwell.
    + Total or partial restoration? Do you think restored sunwell should be as powerful as the starting one, or a bit weaker? Should it be posible to absorb it again or just get some buffs from it?
    + NO NAARU'S. In this map, no one went to Outland, no one knows muuru, there is no naarus and no spacial goats. So no, u cant restore sunwell with muuru. The one this message is for will notice it :D.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. reddragon25

reddragon25

When scourge corrupted it Kael'thas cmae back and together they retook the sunwell, but it was corrupted then the Amani and the scourge came to take it, so Kael decided to cst a spell which would destroy it, and that made Anveena appear in the first place, the sunwell's energy was scatterd and so Anveena became the host of it's powers. At that point the sunwell was useless to the elves but the scourge would benefit from it greatly.
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I checked it, so...
    + Sunwell. Bonus elves.
    + Ud use it. Tainted Sunwell. Damages elves.
    + Kael can destroy it. Elves are not damage neither buffed. Anveena Teage appears.
    + Legion can use Anveena to summon Legion in Sunwell, BE can use Anveena to restore sunwell.

Could be done.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ended Silvermoon, the capital of Quel'thalas:

upload_2018-11-6_2-1-15.png

upload_2018-11-6_2-3-9.png

The city is divided in two parts: one is the residential one, with the conquerable city itself. And the other are the gardens, market and military. The city has 2 gates in the south, one leads to south east, where elven player will have a spire (destroyable) and a farstrider lodge (destroyable), both really close to troll border; the other leads to the south west, to an elven village, a small port and an open way to the "no man's land" that lies between Silvermoon and Silvanas Spire, the other stronghold of elves at start. The northren gate leads to a small port (to reach sunwell island) and Sunstrider island, with a destroyable Spire.

The elves start with more pop cap than most alliance factions, due to their 4 Spires and their 2 farstriders lodges. But those 6 buildings are destroyable so elven player will need to defend them against amani raids. The amani, on the contrary, will be able to destroy easily at least 2 of them, and later, will be able to harass the elves attacking from one or the other side, till them are not strong enough to handle a massive troll attack. To deal with that, the elves should use properly their skills and scouting tools.

Finally, Silvermoon has that "magic aura" cause is protected by "Ban'dinoriel", a magic field created by the Sunwell and controled by 3 elven runes: An'owyn, An'daroth and An'telas. If someone destroys Sunwell or those 3 runes, the shield will fall and the enemies will be able to destroy Silvermoon much more easily.

Summarizing:
    + High Elves are a poweful faction of alliance, with stronger starting position than others.
    + But they have scattered strongholds with a wasteland between them (what is later called as "ghostlands" will start burnt due to orcs in the recent second war).
    + Part of their power can be denied destroying some key buildings.
    + To protect their capital, they must secure different objectives, so a new player could be overwhelmed.
    + They start with the powerful Amani close to their border, eager to drink their magic blood. Only the smartest will recover the realm fast enough to face the trolls.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Ghostlands didn't exist until the end of Arthas' campaign. The area burnt by the orcs was called Blackened Woods and was part of Eversong Forest.
    • This This x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I know it. That is why i wrote "the area what is LATER called "ghostlands". Cause it is no ghostlands yet. But must people would know wich part of the forest im talking about if i say that.
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

After a lot of work, i managed to make it work... A small teaser, would u discover what is it?

upload_2018-11-7_19-23-19.png

upload_2018-11-7_19-25-8.png
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Lets see the first champion who can be corrupted:

Arthas Menethil, Crown Price of Lordaeron.

He is the main hero of First Legion faction and whould roam around Lordaeron to hunt down the cultists before they plague too much the kingdom. Later, he will travel to Northrend, to fight a dangerous battle agaisnt the undead, specially Malganis. That battle has different outcomes, like killing Malganis forever, or returning back to home triumphant and pure to one day become King. But... Has other darker posibilities, like Arthas taking Frostmourne and having his sould corrupted, turning in a dark form of himself, trying to destroy whatever he once wanted to protect.

Starting Arthas, as Prince of Lordaeron:

upload_2018-11-8_19-30-13.png

You all know the Divine Shield already, is the basic protection skill for Paladin heroes, Saidan has the same. (Uther has a better version of it).

Holy Light is the same as Uther's. But i have updated it a bit according to balance and playability.

upload_2018-11-8_19-31-23.png

Arthas is the prince of Lordaeron, and so, he will encourage all his vassals to fight fiercely till the end:

upload_2018-11-8_19-31-39.png

As a proud and wrathful young prince, Arthas uses to center more in vengeance and the military ways of the Light, as Saidan, than the spiritual ones, as Uther.

upload_2018-11-8_19-32-49.png

Finally, Arthas ultimate is the same as Uther's. Bring back allies to life. This will be specially useful for First Legion faction, since they wont have much resources, and 6/9 strong units for free would be really important.

upload_2018-11-8_19-33-9.png

You may tell me "ey, Arthas is missing one skill! The strong basic one!". Arthas is still under training, and so, doesnt deserve a top tier skill as Uther, Alonsus or Anasterian. He is still a dumb prince. But... His story will advance with him, his other basic skill is "Take Frostmourne", if he does that, he will be corrupted but will obtain much power, its the player chose.

Death Knight Arthas, after Northrend event if some stuff is fulfilled:

Arthas has become a twisted version of himself, eager to kill his own father and corrupt his former realm to "safe" them in the undead.

upload_2018-11-8_19-36-49.png

If Arthas has Frostmourne, it will be bound to him. And he will be able to use its powers to "eat" an undead. This can be very usefull as GOOD Arthas in Northrend fight, since u will be able to eat enemy undeads to empower yourself!! But also good as DK Arthas to keep u alive in hard fights eating useless risen udeads... Or even to kill Legion UDs in case they betray.

Frostmourne may also give some stats. This is WIP. I accept suggestions, maybe Str and Health?

upload_2018-11-8_19-38-30.png

Arthas DK basic skills are very related to his new form. He can no longer use the Divine Shield, since the light has abandoned him, on the contrary, he relies on the powers of Nerzhul, his master, and the Dead itself, to destroy his enemies.

upload_2018-11-8_19-40-5.png

upload_2018-11-8_19-40-20.png

And now, the interesting stuff, Arthas DK skills. They are a "corrupted" version of Arthas normal skills. A twisted, dark and corrupted form of keeping his old powers, so he is "the same hero" but looks totally different.

Death coil is the counterpart of Holy Light. Is more "selfish", while Holy Light is better to heal others or fight the undead, Death Coil is better to heal yourself or kill mortals.

upload_2018-11-8_19-41-53.png

As we all could see in WotLK trailer, once Arthas is corrupted... He still feels he is the king of his people, but now, his people are the undead.

upload_2018-11-8_19-43-31.png

Arthas E is quite the same than his previous E, but instead of holy hammers, this time death and cold will be the ones occupied to damage his enemies.

upload_2018-11-8_19-44-14.png

Finally Arthas R. Im fucking proud of this one. If Arthas as golden prince was able to bring back to life his fallen allies, Arthas as fallen prince will enslave his fallen enemies in the undead. Arthas is the Champion of the Lich King, and will kill and rise again all that could oppose him: Trolls, dwaves, elves, humans, orcs, ogres... Everyone will die and serve him... And everyone will do it in a different way. If you kill a powerful Ogre, you will rise a big undead ogre. If you kill a squishy elf, u will rise a squishy undead elven archer. That way, the more dangerous is the enemy u kill, the more powerful will be the undead you may rise from his body. This is not only good in gameplay and cool, but also fits lore, since Arthas last gamble was to kill "the players" and Tirion, to rise them as his strongest champions in the Uds... But he wasnt able to defeat them. This totally fits my idea for the map of "risk-reward".

upload_2018-11-8_19-47-51.png
    • Like Like x 3
  10. anden

anden

dis maps make me go and watch brigandshaven daily that as much I go and watch on Warclave.
    can't wait to play dis map. to be honest, if you would have to pay 10 euro to be able to play dis map I would just frow my money on you right now.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1