1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Cant really check warclave atm anyway ^^
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

So usually, the passive button goes in the 3rd slot, and also, your custom spell seems to be just Animate Dead but...more work than needed?
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Jajaja. Glad to read that. Im happy and proud to have people liking so much my map and awaiting for it. Im olso eager to end it and play with with all of you. Hope is so good as you expect ;)

About obtaining a few money with donations as a reward or present for loving my work... It will have to wait. My first and actual goal is to end it, make it awesome, and u all love it and enjoy playing it as much as im doing creating it, even if it takes tons of hours :D.

As i said before (i think when i posted Uther and Saidan), i "prefer" to use Q and E to use my skills, idk, like its easier to me to press those buttons, maybe my heart finger is lazier :D. So i set my passives in W since is my less used shortcut. But i also said before, that if u all prefer passives in E and it annoys u to have passives in W, i will just move them all to E in a patch and problem solved. So dont worry.

And yes, Arthas ultimate skill is like an AOE animate dead, whose animated units are permanent. What made me so proud was to manage to make it rise different kind of undead unit depending on wich kind of unit was the dead one. For example, if you kill 3 Elven Ranger and 4 Eastweald Militia, you will rise 3 Undead Elves (archers) and 4 Undead Humans (footmen).

Idk if it has been done previously and i finally managed to code it properly. I like to have an idea and manage to see it working, maybe for u is a dumb spell, but i really liked it :D
  4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Well, in other maps you have your passive on E and thus people who are new to your map will get confused. (And this is button position, not the hot key in general, I have a button cheat sheet I can give you)

Animate Dead also turns them undead but meh.
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Nah, i want them to be Q-W-E-R, T and F in all the heroes in all the positions, that way u dont need to memorize each hero and people wont be confused when they play another faction. The passive shouldnt confuse people since it says "PASSIVE" :D. But as i said before, if people complains about it, i will swap it to 3rd spot.

Idk if u have ever coded a skill kal, but say "animate dead also turns them undead" offends me. Animate dead just rise a useless skeleton from whatever corpse it targets, mine creates different undeads depending on what kind of corpse it was. But if u dont like the skill, is fine, i hope you like other one instead. I plan to give everyone a "favourite" faction to play, depending on its personal style, so is good u dont like Arthas ultimate, that way not everyone will fight to play with First legion or Nerzhul, and some as u would prefer to play other ones :-)
  6. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Last time I checked animate dead raised the corpse of whatever was dead rather than a skeleton. You sure you're not confusing it with raise dead, which is a necromancer spell?
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Oh, yea, you are right, im spanish and play in spanish, so names are different and both could be translated as Animate Dead, but yeah, i was talking about the necromancer spell. I was confused cause my spell has nothing to do with DK spell, on the contrary, its similar to the necromancer spell. The DK spell rises the deads as INMUNE units for FEW seconds, and are the same model, just "reddish". My spell rises the dead as new VULNERABLE PERMAMENT units, with new models and stats, each one being different depending on who was in life.

Thanks for the clarification Krotos.
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Time for the second corrupted hero.

Alexandros Mograine, Commander of Lordaeron.

He is one of the most powerful heroes of Lordaeron, an elite paladin that commands the armies of the kingdom. He fought in the past agaisnt the orcs and everybody honored him for his great deals. After killing a powerful orc warlock, he obtained a Dark Orb, pure evil, he now carries that orb, with the idea of purifying it into a so powerful item of the Light as a tool to defeat the orcs once for all... Or whatever other threat might dare to attack his beloved kingdom.

Role Ingame.

Alexandros starts in Lordaeron Capital, with a Dark Orb and an small army, he is the main hero of Lordaeron faction and should hurry to travel south and help Aedelas Blackmoore to defend Durnhold before its too late. But between Durnhold and Lordaeron lies the lands of the traitor House Barov: Southshore and Tarren Mill are under this evil lord. Dalaran should cooperate with you to siege and take Southshore before the orcs manage to defeat trolls and dwarves and take Durnhold and all the south. But once you get Southshore, a reward will be awaiting for you, you can call the "Soutshore Conclave" to ask all the wisiest and purest men of lordaeron about your Dark Orb: Alonsus Faol, Uther, Saidan,... With all that knowledge, your Dark Orb will be purified into a Ligth Cristal, wich will empower Alexandros (its just a research, those heroes doesnt need to travel there, just Lordy conquer Southshore). Finally, you can decide to send Alexandros and Fairbanks to Ironforge, to forge the Ashbringer using that Light Cristal, this will make Lordaeron WEAK for several minutes (you will only have Gavinrad and maybe Aedelas), in wich the Horde and Undeads could harras it, but once Alexandros come back, he will be wearing the Ashbringer, and all the undead shall fear him.

upload_2018-11-10_18-8-58.png

upload_2018-11-10_18-9-15.png
    Since Alexandros will have mana issues, his long CD skill will help him with that, also, is good to support hero squads, useful in early fight agaisnt Barov.

upload_2018-11-10_18-9-31.png
    The only lordaeron tool to purify the land and clean the blight, also, a great option to defend you and your troops in close combat. A smart enemy will move you out of the area, a dumb one will send wave after wave against the rocks.

upload_2018-11-10_18-11-43.png

Alexandros was the founder of the Crusade (wich later became the Scarlet Crusade), so he needed this skill. Is the same as Saidan's. I have nerfed it a bit according to balance, i might remove the "repentance" debuff in the future too.

upload_2018-11-10_18-12-46.png

A lill support for this UNREVIVABLE hero and good to damage big masses of enemies and reduce their damage to make ur amry survive more.

upload_2018-11-10_18-13-36.png

Self explanatory.

upload_2018-11-10_18-13-56.png

Good agaisnt mases of undeads or to heal your whole army.

Alexandros Mograine, Champion of Kel'Thuzad.

Alexandros will be the most dangerous enemy for Barov faction, he will be attacking them to steal Southshore from the very first minute of game, Barov player will hate that strong hero more than anyone... But revenge can come at a time. If Alexandros dies, Kel'Thuzad will rise him as his Champion, and Barov faction (Scourge after plague is released) will get him as hero. This twisted beast is a dark shade of what he was in life, and will be the tool of the Scourge to kill and destroy all other heroes that could face them. If once Alexandros made them suffer, now the undeads will rejoyce watching this fallen hero corrupting all that he once wanted to protect.

upload_2018-11-10_18-17-51.png

upload_2018-11-10_18-18-4.png
    Good to damage masses of enemies, specially big ones as human knights, ogres, orcs or heroes. The strongest the enemy, the biggest its fall.

upload_2018-11-10_18-18-57.png
    While in life Alexandros cleaned the land and defended allies, in the undead he will corrupt the land and weaken his enemies.

upload_2018-11-10_18-19-41.png
    Same as Crusader Strike.

upload_2018-11-10_18-19-59.png
    Alexandros was one of the stronges theroes in life, and he became even more powerful in the undead. If the Scourge manages to kill him, he will be a beast in late game, only able to be killed with proper combos and CC. Protect him while he is alive or suffer him in the undead!

upload_2018-11-10_18-21-20.png
    Same as alive, but cold instead of fire.

upload_2018-11-10_18-21-43.png
    Again, counterpart of the living one.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Devolver

Devolver

how about blood magic in you map??
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

What do u mean? Explain it more pls :-)

If u mean "do damage to urself to do something" there will be some skills like that.