1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

As a note: the village you're thinking of VANDERMAR Village, not VALDEMAR Village.
    • This This x 2
  2. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

You just said before that it's a lake, not a sea. :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

As a HS card uses to yell: "The end is neaaaar" :D. Im going to be too bussy soon, but after 25th january i will be completly free, so i guess between 25th january and 14th february we should have a full release and a "first test game" organized :-)

I will check the stone benches, thanks.

If for white walls you mean the walls you sent to me, im using them for "non lordaeron cities", to give different views in different areas of the map. I have used them in Stromgarde, Stratholme, Tyr's Hand and Mardenholde for example. The normal walls are used for keeps and big cities and the small towns have pallisades. Also there are 1 or 2 towns with fences too, cause they were big but not with big walls or cause they fit fine there :D.

Normal trees will be chopped fast, people will have to fight for the living forests across the map, so dont worry for that. But if it ends being too much normal trees i could delete some of them, yes.

There are no units in the map yet, cause i use to change, twist and swap everything in cities and terrain all the time and is easier for me this way. But yes, in the release Lordaeron will start with Alexandros Mograine in Lordaeron Capital with a small army inside the city. About the towers, there are two points: first, im trying to avoid towers inside cities to avoid "turtling" and second, towers in this map are going to be strong as fuck, and also expensive, i want to avoid "mass tower" or block paths with towers, but i want to keep the essence of defending your land, so towers will be really strong, but also few. That means that lonely tower near the gate could destroy small raiding forces.

Thanks for the tips!

PD: In general all the map is based in reducing amount of stuff making them powerful, more micro and less macro, due to two reasons: avoid lag and disconnexions due to massives amounts of units and cause i prefer to see skill ingame and not just "zerg combat" throwing everything forward. That applies to boats and towers too.

You are right! Too much cities, towns, forests, mines, areas... To remember every single letter :D. Thanks for noticing it out :-) But nowadays i havent given names to things ingame (at least yet) so most people would just see "a lvl 2 base to conquer" :p What do u think, may i add names in floating text to flavour? For cities or only for regions?

Mmememememememe :D. You know what i mean: "From both land and water". Anphibious attack. :D

Thanks you all for sharing your ideas and post failures and posible improvements, keep doing that, its really helpful.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

I want test this map. Btw what with gilneas
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

When the map is going to be ready i will open a thread to talk about the best day to do a test game and allow u all to sign in. I hope you all can play, there are 16 spots to fill i guess will be enough, and if more people wants to play, we can arrange more than one game, of course. The more tests, the best balanced it would be.

Gilneas is a neutral area, i show it on pics in the past, even if it has been improved a bit. I didnt want to add more factions to dont empower too much the Alliance, and since Gilneas and Stromgarde had left the alliance at this time, i tought it was good to have them as rebels (creep). You can travel there to farm, creep, chop and mine, is plenty of resources to boost your economy!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Kael89

Why 16 spots btw, but mb make gilneas capturable like im lta. Still i really want to test lordaeron ^^ this map looks interesting
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

16 spots because.... Lordaeron + First Legion + Silver Hand + Eastweald + Dalaran + Elves + Dwarves + Ner'zhul + House Barov + Cult of the Damned + Legion + Drakkari + Amani + Jintha'lor + Frostwolf + Warsong = 16 :D

I told you Gilneas is capturable, it has several towns to conquer to increase your pop cap.

Lordaeron is an interesting faction indeed, yes. I hope all of them are :p
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Kael89

OMG i love it. You should edit first page of this thread cuz there is only 12 fraction ^^
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

That's a lot of factions. :eek:
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Updated first post. I may update the pic with an ingame pic too :D.

Thats why it is taken soooo long to end the map :D.

Im glad you both like it ^^
    • Like Like x 1