1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have deleted lots of trees to both encourage people battiling for living woods to get wood and to have more clear terrain to allow massive battles from start in more map spots.

To fix the posible lack of wood now there are less trees, i have rebalanced the map a bit, adding some few Living woods. Due to this rebalance gilneas now has only 7 value points (as wetlands&westeron, Dragonlbight, Stormpeaks, etc). Since i dont want people to settle there as a primary area.

I have also removed some trees and doddads i had added to the mountains just to falvour, since the map was starting to be TOO big and the mountains look awesome anyway.

Finally have also implemented all factions ingame, giving each one its proper colour and name, and their starting bases and positions. Also, i have started to code some gameplay events and triggers, adding some useful stuff for the players, like a leaderboard to see the power of each faction and allowing the player to write "-forest" to recieve a green ping in the minimap where every living forest is located in case they dont remember it.

If u have any idea to improve the map or the gameplay, share it with me :-)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

upload_2019-1-3_22-16-16.png

Abbendis with one paladin of the silver hand and a small bunch of his troops in the keep of Mardenhold (hearthglen), one of the main strongholds of the Silver Hand faction.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

upload_2019-1-5_3-15-12.png

Lordaeron Monastery is another important base for the Silver Hand. As a holy place it has no true defensive sistems (gates) but its safe position in the mountains and being one of the few passages to Northren Lordaeron makes this monastery a key stronghold for the order of paladins.

It has a small armory, a beatiful garden with a graveyard and the monastery itself, with some benches where the faithful pesants may pray to the light. The monastery is not greatly inhabited, only some holy men and guards with their families, but this holy site would help anyone in need and will take care of no evil going trough to corrupt the cold lands of northren Lordaeron, the heart of the Order of the Silver Hand.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

@Kael89 u asked me for pics about terrain, here u have ended northren lordaeron, with its "dragon isles", some good bases, a forest to chop and Cinder Home.

upload_2019-1-8_3-6-21.png

What you see in top right is Howling Fjord, u may want to use dragon isles as a scout point or naval outpost to invade both Howling Fjord or quelthalas/stratholme. Northren lordaeron is really well protected, with Lordaeron Monastery, Herathglen and Stratholme, so Silver Hand cuting operations there might be quite safe. In top right u can see Windrunner Spire, as u can see in the pic, Stratholme bay is a really nice area and with good strategy value, if you lose the control of that part of the sea, an enemy may disembark there, and go westward trough the forest to attack Hearthglen and Monastery from behind, breaking its defenders. That beach in Stratholme bay also allow u to cross to eastweald and start plundering its small towns (northdale, eastdale, blackwood, Darrowshire and Corrings Crossing) or even lay siege to Stratholme itself.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. anden

anden

As always really nice and beautiful terrain. but can I ask how do you make so no units can walk in the mountains?
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I changed the pathing of that "mountain" tileset :-)
  7. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Some of the actual buildings in your cities look kind of undersized compared to the walls and other stuff. I´d recommend scaling up the main structures atleast, the main structure in dalaran for example should be large (and centered) in my opinion. But the castle in lordaeron city, along with the other cities, could also benefit visually if you make them bigger.
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Hi Nalesean, i think is the first time i see u around here, so welcome :-)

I know the main (conquerable) buildings are a bit smaller than usually. I have done it due to gameplay issues, the smaller the building, the more free room to fight in the city. About "not being centered" is due to lore issues, i set the city castles/base/cathedral wherever it was in lore.

Thanks for your advice!
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have improved a bit some areas that i tought was not good enough, like Frostwolf Village:

upload_2019-1-9_15-34-1.png
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Finished Gilneas ready to release: 2 living forests, 1 gold mine, and 4 base points (2+1+1)

upload_2019-1-11_23-59-3.png
    • Like Like x 3