1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. qlaeuen

qlaeuen

Terrain feels too empty,can you add some special things(exp:Statue)?
  2. Szons

Szons Manetho's Heir

He already said that he will add doads, buildings (etc.) later when he will be done with mapping.
    • This This x 1
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ik, already said i will add doddads to make it prettier later. I first want to end the map and check distances, pathing, etc. Then flavour stuff can be added. There is no point in adding flavour when the terrain can be slightly changed, making them all useless.

4. Szons

Szons Manetho's Heir

So I wanted to ask about Horde. They are the only one factiin that is not in anany team, how they are suppose to win aganist anyone in late game? Just for example, Horde won in Arathi they screwed alliance here and they move slowly to Hillsbard and north to Hinterlands ... Now he is either suppose to fight agnist Dalaran and Dwarfs (or Trolls if they rekt dwarfs). OKAY lest imagine that horde player did some mlg action and he won, but now he propably have to face full power of scourge team which have easly won since Dala was destroyed! So the reall question is how you imagine Red win as solo faction whole game?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Some more WIP terrain pics:

Southshore Bay (southern Hillsbrad Foothills)

upload_2018-5-29_20-16-32.png

Durnholde (Eastern Hillsbrad Foothills):
    upload_2018-5-29_20-17-13.png

Alterac Mountains.

upload_2018-5-29_20-19-42.png

I still need to add more creeps in some areas, and doddads everywhere.
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

First of all, the alliance is "the enemy to destroy". Even if Horde, Trolls and UDs are not allied all together (3 different teams), they all have a common enemy: the alliance. All of them will feed on the alliance, so they will use to focus them instead of other "evil" teams. The uds can plague human farm and will get human dead heroes with triggers, the trolls need human lands to become stronger (like arathi, alterac or quelthalas) and the horde needs to destroy tons of humans bases to grow in power freeing slaves. So even if they can just kill each other mindlessly making the alliance just to laugh... If they want to win they should focus in the alliance, at least at start. This creates a "fake alliance", where the smartest can backstab in the proper moment to become stronger.

Now, about Horde. They will have a bit stronger units, 3 revivable heroes and more flexibility (being able to mount and dismount units in combat will be a GREAT upper hand with my battle system). They also get free spawns from internement camps, so they can face alliance with this boost at start. But ey, lets imagine Horde plays fine at start with this spawns, takes even Stromgarde, and he controls whole hillsbrad and Arathi. The horde DOESNT need to destroy dalaran, he gets nothing from that, he may prefer to rekt hinterland trolls or face lordaeorn. But ey, lets imagine the horde is fucking good and manages to kill dalaran and control hinterlands as u say. How can he face someone being only one? Simple.

Look at my map. Do u see those "castles" around there? They are called bases. And are conquerable (most of them). They give POP to u. Not gold, POP. This means, if horde controls all Arathi, Hinterlands and Hillsbrad (i assume alterac too). He will have a lot of pop limit, being able to face 3-4 guys together with smaller armies. In my map, there wont be "running guys stealing cps and backstabbing with great armies). No. To get an army u need to gather resources (what uses to need a safe area) and pop, wich is given by bases across land. So, if a single player is in a solo team, he will get all the conquered land under his own rule, but if 3 guys in a team conquer that amount of land, they will have the same power as he had alone, since they will have to share bases and pop.

Horde starts with few pop at start, BUT, he gets free spawns of internement camp, wich doesnt count as pop. So he can gather a BIG army even having few land. Then, once he manages to get land with that army, he has higher pop to have a nice army as any other faction. But if he is stoped by alliance he will be rekted by sure. There is where player skill mathers.

CotD have something similar to fight with less pop limit: summons. They can plague farms to get free spawns and get even more troops later raising the deads of the battles to come.

Then, imagine the scenario u told me, with Horde owning the south and UDs owning the rest. Ofc uds will win! But not due to horde being alone, but uds having much more land under their power. In a fair fight where both teams have the same amount of land and money, the Horde should be able to face their enemies. Also, Horde has 3 revivable heros: Thrall, Drekthar and Gromm. On the other hand, most factions has at least 1 hero that once die, its dead. So Horde can harrass enemies making them lose hero power. Also, the Horde has 2 kind of elites, so he should be able to battle properly 1 vs 2 with no proble, (owning the same land ofc).

The point is, the Horde never should fight 1 vs 6 the alliance. Cause if the alliance does that, they should lose the game agaisnt uds and Trolls. If uds win, they would be 3-4 guys as much, and the horde can face 2 of them with no problem, and the trolls may be around there too, focusing the stronger team: uds.

Also, as i comented time ago, im planing giving the Jintherland trolls the option to join the horde. This will have 2 good points: if they lose arathi to horde and cant recover it, they will be maimed, so instead of playing a boring game, they can bend the knee to the one who rekted them; and on the other hand, if horde prefers to fight trolls instead of rushing internement camps, he will get a reward enough, since alliance will be able to defend the camps better, avoiding orcs from getting free spawns.

But apart of all of this, have other 2 things in mind:
    + In this map, is a faction is complety destroyed, he will regrow REALLY slowly. And if he has no allies to support him and give him resources, he may even have lost completly. No ghost factions coming from the tomb.
    + The blight will prevent humans to get income freely from everywhere. And the plagued farms and ud spawns will weaken they, harrass their economy and distract their armies.

-----------------------------

Summarizing, to answer ur question: "how you imagine Red win as solo faction whole game?"
    + He, being solo, never should fight vs more than 3 guys.
    + He has the power of 2 guys by his own.
    + He has a revivable hero squad while other guys have at least 1 mortal hero.
    + He can get free spawns of orcs.
    + The food is the food, u cant "build" more. So 1 guy holding X land, will have the same food limit than 6 guys owning the same amount of land. Imagine 150 food in an area: the horde will have 150 food in his army, meanwhile a team of 3 guys will have only 50 each.
    + I may add an event to allow Hinterland trolls to join the horde (Not yet).
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ok, i have ended the skills of Jintha'Alor heroes. Lets share them. The values could change after testing.

Vile Priestess Hexx. Leader of the Vilebranch, starts in Jintha'Alor.

upload_2018-5-31_3-22-57.png

Witch Doctor Mai'Jin. Leader of the Witherbark, starts in Shadra'Alor.

upload_2018-5-31_3-19-32.png

Here you can also apreciate changes in the terrain, slowly polishing it :p. Jintha'Alor, Shadra'Alor and the Altar of Zul between them.

upload_2018-5-31_3-25-34.png

upload_2018-5-31_3-26-11.png

Greetings!

Attached Files:

8. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

i suggest down scaling the archway
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

U mean the "gate" in the entrance to Jintha'Alor? Yes, i was thinking it too. I made it bigger to allow more pass into the city. Maybe... Add too smaller ones instead.
  10. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

the doodad