1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, May 12, 2018.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

There are 2 doddads archs in the city, and both are big. That is why i asked :D. But i think i know what u mean ;)
    • This This x 1
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have already completly ended Jintha'Alor faction. All casters, heroes, units, spells, skills, auras, descriptions, tooltips, etc.

I guess you all know that the battle system is based in counters, you can have units with basic damage that are "brute force" or other specialiced units that has less base damage but that deals extra damage vs certain type of enemy. This will be easy to learn but hard to master, since a newbie can quickly learn his faction roster and wich units are good vs each enemy unit (its easy to use: you see a mounted unit, u know u need bonus vs mounted, you see heavy armored troops, you know you need bonus vs armor), BUT a pro will need to know every roster of every faction, to know wich units his enemy could create, and how his enemy could try to counter himself.

Also, im going to try that every faction has some kind of hp regen, mana regen, crowd control and dispels. But every one will be different and will have some of them better than the rest. Also some factions will have unique features, like summons, rising zombies, etc.

In addition to this, some casters may have direct damage (for example, the ogre warlocks can launch a fireball that deals dmg and stun a single target), BUT you wont be able to aim the enemy heroes with them. Only elites or other heroes can use dmg spells vs other heroes. This would mean, that to win a fight u will need to do good micro, to defeat the enemy army, and to win that fight, u should do good macro, recruiting the units that counter your enemy army. So aiming wont be a decisive factor. Of course, some faction would be better to aim than others, and with good skill, a good player would be able to use proper stuns, surround the enemy heroes and kill them. But maybe this will be risky, cuase if u fail, u would have wasted energie, maybe is better to focus the elites or the army, and secure a victory.

Also, i have been creating several cool spells around undeads. In this map, there will be several features that will deal with undeads, not only holy light or dispel. Priests could have spells to dmg or weaken undeads, paladins could purge them, etc. Makign some factions or units better than others to deal with undeads, at the cost of being worse vs the living. In the case of trolls, for example, one of their casters can place a "Bwonsamdi Totem", the loa of the dead hates the undead, since they have scaped from his realm, what ingame means that all nerby undeads will recieve damage slowly. This is great to deal with mass of weak zombies or ligth undeads, but wont affect much vs big abominations for example.

Around dispels, there will be also different kind of dispels, with different purposes. Making some factions stronger than others at certain points. For example, there is a weak dispel, called "Dearcanize", that Warlock Ogres have (and others will have too). That dispells all buffs and debuffs in an area of all good or enemy troops. This dispel will be cheap and have few cd, and u would be able to counter factions that curse/envenom u a lot, or that buff themselves too much. But wont remove blight or do dmg to summons. Other dispel for example, deals a GREAT dmg agaisnt summons, but is single target, so u can use it to destroy a great summoned treat, but is weak vs masses of weak undeads. There are other dispels, specially from high priests or shamans, that are able to remove blight, or that purify an area making medium damage, so they can counter weak mass uds but are weak vs single heavy beasts.

All of this is tought based in the same purpose: counters. One thing is better vs one kind of enemy, but worse vs other one. If u counter u take advantage even having less resources. Easy to learn, hard to master.

If someone has any doubt about anything, i will be pleased to answer the questions. Hope you like the ideas and how the map is advancing.

Greetings.
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have had not much time to work in the map, but ended all Alterac Mountains and Silverpine Forest. Next area will be Tirisfal Glades. I have also improved Stromgarde. Dalaran is still WIP and i need to improve Hammerfall.

But in my "spare time", i have been working in lore research, and making it fit with gameplay. To design hero rosters and some events for several factions, to have a list of "what to code" once summer comes and im ready to map 100%, so i will be able to have it done much faster (i did the same with map design and i work QUITE fast thanks to it).

So i will paste you some of these ideas for factions so u can comment them, give you suggestions, etc. The more feedback, the better i can polish them. Hope you like them.

NOTE: All Demis can be kept from one path to the next one. If a hero says nothing, it can be ress, other way it says (cant ress). If a hero is not said (Keeps...) in the next path, you will lose him going that path.

upload_2018-6-11_22-33-19.png

As Silver Hand you start as bastion of holiness, with the founder of the Paladins: Alonsus Faol, and 2 of the first paladins: Uther and Saidan. If Uther dies, Saidan can choose to reform the order into Scarlet Crusade, more warmonguer but still pure and good. But Balnazzar can possess Saidan, and if Alexandros is not there to counter him, he can turn all the crusaders into zealots slowly, to serve the Legion agaisnt the Undeads or to create chaos among human factions.

upload_2018-6-11_22-43-31.png

Legion starts as a side faction, with few and not too strong undead units. He is supposed to defend LK while he becomes stronger in Northrend, and also harrash the Drakkari. Meanwhile, Mal'Ganis would be plaguing Lordaeron to help CotD in his corruptive task. Once Mal'Ganis feels strong enough, or they have damaged properly the Alliance, he can start the "Stratholme" event. Once this event is triggered, Arthas can send an Expedition to Northrend to find and punish Mal'Ganis. There, Mal'Ganis will try to kill the prince or at least to force him to pick Frostmourne. After that, he should help CotD and the Scourge to sieze Dalaran, to be able to pick the Book of Medivh and use it to summon the Burning Legion, wich will boost Legion A LOT with a great hero as Mannoroth and demons units for his roster, but will also allow LK to merge and betray... Legion can seduce, control or corrupt other nations to gain allies in his burning legion agaisnt Azeroth. And if everything fails, you can take control of Barean Westwind as Mal'Ganis spirit and have a last chance as Scarlet Onslaught.

upload_2018-6-11_22-51-34.png

House Barov starts as the "living" members of the CotD. They will provide meat for the necromancers evil tasks (you cant rise broken skeletons) and will also be able to live in not blighted land, wich will be useful in early game since blight is still not spreaded. You own rich lands across lordaeron and will have probably to defend yourself from the Horde invasion since you hold some of the bigger internament camps (Barov approves slavery...). Once the Plague is unleashed, you will become the Scourge, Kelthuzzad promised Alexei that he will inherit Lordaeron... But he didnt say it will be alive. You will slowly get everything what was once great of loraderon and corrupt and decay it under your rule, the more enemies you manage to kill or subdue, the stronger you will become... (note that you CANT have Alexandros and Darion at the same time due to event story line).

upload_2018-6-11_22-56-14.png

Cult of the Damned is the faction and religion created by Kelthuzzad in Lordaeron among the poor peasants and farmers. Your acolytes will use human farms to expred the plague, what will both weaken humans economy and lands and empower your faction with resources, free troops and blighted lands. Kelthuzzad is a powerful mage and Necromancer that will start hided in Scholomance, under Caer Darrow, with his friend Gandling and his pupul Ras Frostwhisper. You may risk them in a full attack on Lordaeron, but if Ketlhuzzad dies, he wont be able to ress till you conquer and corrupt the Sunwell, but if you manage to do so, he will become a Lich and one of the strongest heroes in Lordaeron. You can also get base and hero in Quel'thalas, what will make it easier to you to reach the Sunwell. And the faction also has some cool late game events that will encourage you to keep helping your master, the LK. The CotD focus in creating aberrations and rising the deads, so it could be good for you to fight side by side with Barov, so in case you dont manage to kill enemies, you can rise your allies.

upload_2018-6-11_23-6-33.png

Lordaeron starts as one of the biggest factions ingame, with lands, troops and heroes in Tirisfal Glades, Eastern lordaeron and Stromgarde. You own some of the strongest heroes in the early game: Thoras Trollbane and Alexandros Mograine, BUT they both cant ress, so you must play wisely to dont lose them. If everything fails, and all the great and noble commanders die, you can always call Othmar Garithos to make Lordaeron great again. Alexandros Mograine starts with a Dark Orb, an evil artifact, if you manage to conquer Southshore (starts as Barov), you can purify it there into a Light Orb. Later, you can send Alexandros to IF to forge the Ashbringer with that Orb (he will be out of map for some mins, so decide wisely when to use it). The Ashbringer will be a great tool agaisnt the undead, but if Alexandros dies now, he will be even stronger in evil hands... Risk, reward. If Alexandros dies, your great and main allies: the Silver Hand, can get controled by Balnazzar and turn into Legion Team. They will still fight agaisnt the Undead... But now they will attack you to. To counter this big lose of such a great ally, you can form the Argent Dawn to boost you with some cool heroes and few light troops. And if u manage to kill Isillien, some of the evil mind control over the crusaders will dissapear, allowing them to scape and reinforce your army, becoming a STRONG faction both in magic and mele fight. You can also advance in the Mograine storyline. On the other hand, if u think everything is lost, and there is no hope for humanity, you can allow Detheroc to mindcontrol Garithos, and fight side by side with Legion, using both humans and demons, but you will be MUCH weaker than what you could become as good lordaeron.

upload_2018-6-11_23-23-2.png

The LK starts as one of the weakest factions ingame, but is destined to become one of the strongest. You start as Nerzhul, the LK, trapped in your frozen jail. And surrounded just by some undead servants, lead by Anub'Arak, the Fallen King of Azjol Nerub. You will need to hurry to use your shamanistic and necromantic powers to boolster this undead forces with the living beings of Northrend. And the best ones to become your army, are the Vrykuls. Once you reach Jotunheim, close in the North, you will add Vrykuls units to your roster, along side with Mammoths, wolves, valkyrs bound to the will of the LK and undead nerubians rised as Crypt Fiends, you will be able to gather an army strong enough to face any enemy. You can also rise Frost Wyrms, the strongest air unit in game, and for every vrykul town that you conquer, you will be able to recruit 1 more Thane, making you able to get the strong elite force in Lordaeron... If you manage to get those towns. Also, after a small chain, you can get King Ymiron (unless someone, like Drakkari, manages to delay u), and if u do well with ur Legion allies, u will get Arthas Menehtil as your main champion. After summoning legion, Arthas will be able to merge with Nerzhul, giving u even more power... You should also work together with your main ally: the CotD, both to allow him to get Grand Nekrolord Antiokk and Galakrond and to being able to unlock Iskalder to you.

PD: Have in mind that ALL of this is WIP. Design of factions, things may change. Specially, im thinking about spliting Lordaeron faction in two: western and eastern (one for the capital and the lands in the south vs the Horde, with Alexandros, Gavinrad, etc and one in the east, a bit weaker and more militia like, with Nathanos, Garithos and Raymond George).

Awaiting for feedback and not too much shoes flying to my head :D

Attached Files:

4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Shoe fly
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Could you explain why? Not enough elves in the post? :p
  6. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

you forgot Night Elves, that's probably why.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • This This x 1
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Well, there will be High Elves, maybe is enough for her. And some other factions will have elven units too... So... :D
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

5 levels for spells? ;o I think that's a bit too much, I'd prefer the standard of 4 levels of spells and then the final + bonus to stats as is traditional. :}
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018 at 22:20
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

My idea was to give 5 x 3 skills + 1 x 2 + + x 3/8. To get a total of max lvl 20 or 25 depending on what i want or decide. But i can change it to 4x3+1x2++ x 6 and set max lvl in 20. Its easier for me, less tooltips to code :D. Some basic skills were looking too strong for me at lvl 5, so... I will see it with time, its something easy to change.

What bothers me more are factions and their heroes/events. Since that is work i may be wasting if i finally need to change or edit somehting.
  10. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

What faction does Arthas belong to? Also I saw this on a LTA suggestion page: perhaps you can make is so the Lich King can pick a different champion besides Arthas, maybe Thrall or Garithos hahah it would be more appealing to play scourge if you could choose between 3 champs.
    Which heros are you working on now?
    I like the way it looks!
    • Like Like x 1