1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hearts of Iron IV 29/5 5PM CET

Discussion in 'Forum/Clan Games' started by Dragon, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Dragon

Dragon The Mighty Dragon

Allies:
    USA - Coleadmin
    UK - Dragon
    Australia - Style
    Canada - 60ep
    France - jack07tr
    British Raj - Cheetah
    South Africa - ChickenNoodles
    Brazil - Nerent

Axis:
    German Reich - nolram
    Hungary - AwesomeGuy
    Romania - CNiper
    Italy - diadon
    Japan - Nayf
    Spain - gokalp123
    Bulgaria - Wax

Commies:
    USSR - DerpyWorm
    China - FireMochi

Rules :
    BANNED NATIONS All nations south of the Trump Wall in Western Hemisphere, Baltic states, China minors, Iran, Benelux, Poland, & Troll nations are banned.

Axis/Comintern minors only:
    Axis: Romania and Hungary.

1. No justifying until Germany goes to war, except through Focus, or it is 1940.
    2. No inviting or joining factions until Germany has gone to war, or it is 1940.
    3. Majors & minors must stay in historical Faction & Ideology.
    4. Only infantry volunteers allowed in Spain, no volunteers outside of Spain. (Debatable if we have a spain player or no)
    5. No autism/exploits. (Subjective to host). (Including but not limited to) - Disbanding encircled divs, delaying CW, destroying factories, revoking gaurantees, releasing nations, expiditionary force before being catipulated, changing templates while encircled, If in doubt, ask the host.
    6. No land Mil Access to another faction. eg - (Raj in Russia.)
    7. One artillery/AT/SPG's/TD's per 10 combat width. Do not strap any type of special forces to medium or heavy Tanks or their variants (TDs, SPGs & SPAA) light tanks and their variants are ok. 20 Combat width minimum division size, 44 width maximum size.
    8. Must call in ALL subjects to war.
    9. No trading factories you do not need. (Factories for free trading is or for research slot is allowed, factory boosting an ally or an enemy to enable an ally to get a better economy law is not)
    10. You must have a continuous border with any requested land, and even then it's at hosts discression as to what is acceptable.
    11. Max level 5 forts (+FOCUS).

Axis Specific Rules:
    1. Japan must declare on China by 38. (no puppeting)
    2. Italy must annex Ethiopia.
    3. Germany must finish Molotov-Ribbentrov Pact before war with Allies and must respect it.
    5. Japan may not invade USSR until 1942 unless Japan owns all of the Rubber islands (Including Sri Lanka!).
    6. Japan may not attack the Allies until 1940.
    7. Spain cannot join the Second World War until 1941 OR 6 months after the fall of France.
    8. Germany may not form Vichy France through the event.

Allied Specific Rules:
    1. USA cannot join the Second World War until 1941 OR 6 months after the fall of France. (may not have military access until that date aswell)
    2. USSR cannot expand beyond the Molotov-Ribbentrop sphere until 1940 THAN may only justify 1 at a time.
    3. USSR is limited to sending only guns and 500 planes to China.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. Dragon

Dragon The Mighty Dragon

Looks like we filled, but there are still spots for South Africa, New Zealand and for Axis team, Bulgaria.
  3. Manetho

Manetho Super Soldier Brigand

I don't have my May planned yet
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Guys, u added spain to axis just to balance the game, right? Cause we never joint them neither participated in ww at all.

I was curious since u made other rules to keep the game a bit more history accurated.
  5. Dragon

Dragon The Mighty Dragon

@Elbadruhel Yes, Axis needs spain for many reasons and in a Competitive game they are present, although, they are limited by rules to join only by 1941 or 6 months after france has fallen, this way they are joining late to the war, like USA, to support the axis team (and they definitely need it as British Commonwealth + Allied Majors are more numerous in players than Axis)

Lets put it like this, About 8 Allied players compared to 6 Axis (including Spain) and 2 that are Soviets and China.
    so Axis team is really at numerical disadvantage, but being stronger together.

Are you interested in joining the session? Would be an honor!
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I dont have the game sorry (even if i tested it in the past), neither have time. But enjoy the match :-)

I dont know the power of each nation in a competitive game, but 6 vs 8+2 seems a bit too hard for axis to me. Since axis is in the middle of them. But i will enjoy axis since u put spain there, good luck :p
  7. Dragon

Dragon The Mighty Dragon

Dont look at the number of players on team, allies are residentsleeper till world tension go up, and Axis expand fast unlike allies.
  8. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

Usually Spain just builds up refineries to give the Axis more resources to trade and spare Germany some industry, and sends volunteers instead of joining the war. So historically, Im pretty this is accurate.
    Tho I do kinda agree with your point on Axis having too few memebers. havnt figured out why they havnt given Finland and Bulgaria their own unique focus trees, but minors like New Zealand do get ones (but hey they made that one really funny bob tank during the war, so that makes them important right?).
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Refineries in Spain? Hope so :D.

I understand your point, but "sending oil, resources, industry and voluntiers to Germany" doesnt fit a shit to history. We didnt do that. Franco gave NOTHING to Hitler, in part due to we had nothing to give him since the country was destroyed :D. And yes, some volunteers went to fight for the axis (they are even idolized in Russia now), but much more spanish people fought for the allies!

All the defeated republicans that scaped to France, were enslaved by the french, put in internement camps in south france, around Toulouse and Bourdeleaux, quite similar to those the Nazis used with the jews, but using us to work instead of gas... But when French was defeated by nazis, they fred tons of spanish from the camps, and even more came from spain scaping from the ruling fascism. They together created armed divisions, with tanks, etc. And started to fight "for the republic and freedom". They fought so well, than they FRED PARIS!! You can investigate for it, but the ones who expelled the nazis from paris, were spanish people. Later came the rest of the allies and took the merit, as always... But spanish people did it.

Also, during Civil War, the republic goverment sent our Gold Resevre (the biggest in the world at that time) to the URSS, so the soviets "can keep it safe from the fascist hands and use it to help the republican cause". But they sent nearly no help to the republicans (useless old tanks, poor weapons, etc), the axis sent much more help for free. So when the fascist won the civil war and asked the URSS for our gold, they said they wont give it back, since they "support the republic". So the URSS kept the gold for them, and today they havent retrieved it back. And with SO MUCH gold stolen, the URSS paid part of their industrial revolution (the other part paid with slavery work, gulags, and famine), wich in the late meant the destruction of the axis and the nazis.

So yes, you can say spain helped the Axis at some point. But Spain helped much more the allies and the URSS. And thats why its funny to me to see you setting Spain in the Axis team. But i understand it if its due to gameplay balance. As you say, i also think Axis are too few, buuuut idk how it works in a coordinated and pro game, and maybe they can eat lots of small neutral AI countries before the allies can react due to ingame mechanics.
  10. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

From what I can recall, franco did send about 100k spanish workers to support the german industry.
    However in the game if the player loses to the republicans in the civil war he is allowed to play as republicans and send volunteers and support to Russia.
    As for the balance, most of the allies has some early debuffs like The Great Depression to keep them weak early, but can grow strong late.
    Thats why D-Day is usually hard for the Axis to repell as soon as it launches successfully, but the Axis also fight 4v1 against USSR, who has a lot of useful resources and factories.
    Tbf, I dont think Spain is even needed in a comptetive game, as they cant do anything but support Germany. More infantry divisions and more front to fight in arent gonna do much. Germany can already do this himself. Thats why Spain usually makes tanks. like 5 tank divisions that they micro to break through in fronts. As the Axis only has Germany as a tank producer and hes already busy enough (Romania sometimes can go for tanks too, but its a bad idea in my opinions.) while Axis can have up to 4 Tank producers (South Africa, USA, France, Australia, Brazil or Mexico and so on)