1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with A trigger

Discussion in 'Map Making' started by Bram51warcraft, May 9, 2019.

1. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

upload_2019-5-9_1-14-58.png

This trigger is supposed to make the freshly spawned reinforcements taken from kael's army move towards the undeadspawn. But for some reason the if is always False. Some help would be appreciated
  2. Accelerator

Accelerator

What I want to know is that the trigger is to force the three units of the orange player to move to point.I tried to do the same trigger as this one.I found that the unit would go to point without stopping after issuing the order.You can't move them even if they arrive, because they've been executing this command.I guess you want them to cancel the attack-move command when they arrive in this area?
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Why do u use an "and" just for one condition? You can move it out of it like you have the "current order of picked unit not equal to attack move".

And talking about that condition, idk if the trigger wouldnt work or how to fix it, but i think it would create an "infinite order", right? I mean, you are picking any orange footy/knight/mortar that is quiet and make it move attack. Wouldnt it order to move attack once and again and again and again once the units reach the "point"?
  4. Bram51warcraft

this is true , but I noted that when Stunned , they lose the order, I have an same trigger with refugee spawns who get stunned and stop moving clogging up the path they run.

its true , I was planning to make it turn off after a while , but I first need it to work.

Also the And is used because it is something that Always Must be true.

the way I think it goes is
    create point (the spanwn)

get undead spawn location

take all units on map and put in group

go through all units in group and do if

IF the picked unit is owned by player 6 And is either a footmen , knight or mortar team

order picked unit to go to undead spawn location

and then remove the temporary variables
  5. Accelerator

Accelerator

If you want units to disarm this command for them when they reach the point, So maybe I can find a solution.
  6. Bram51warcraft

the problem is they don't move at all
  7. Bram51warcraft

Double post heresy , this has been fixed
  8. Accelerator

Accelerator

I just finished a presentation map.It allows the unit to move freely upon arrival at the point and will not be subject to this command again.
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

upload_2019-5-9_23-35-35.png

What i tried to say is that that "And" is not needed, since the "If-Conditions" will only give work if all the conditions are "true". Is like it has an "AND". So you need to check the "OR", the "Current order of picked unit not equal to order attack move" AND the "Owner of picked unit equal to player 6 (orange)" even if you delete that and.

Hope you manage to make it work. Good luck :-)
  10. Bram51warcraft

the code was oke , the problem was that attackmove as an orderstring doesn't exist , it had to be just attack