1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Gems of the Object Editor

Discussion in 'Map Making' started by Woodenplank, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

It moves the unit on a vertical axis. I.e. just changes how far above the ground it is.
    Think of it as triggered "Ensnare/Web" effect.
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Yes yes i understood It when i saw it wooden. Thats the point, i was thinking in an air shock pushing the unit back, so It is raised from the land, moved away, and moved down to the Ground again. Like ur crow form but puting a "move this shit x meters in y direction" between the y movement.

But i like svns trigger, i will try his trigger. Maybe tomorrow, today i had no time and the few moments i could waste mapping went to improving the rosters development :p
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

But as I remember making damage reduction of "Berserk" to -0,01 is already turning caster to unkillable machine. Or how to make it to not making unit unkillable?
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have a question... When an unit has mágic inmunity It is inmune to both spell and mágic dmg right? It cant be edited?

With defend u can make a unit deflect pircing dmg and mágic dmg, but no spell one, right?

Im just curious how w3 has two idéntical dmg tipes spell and mágic, and the only difference i see is to code, to make one things stop one of them but not the others, like defend.

There is any other hidden reason?
  5. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

For some reason when I turn Defend into a hero skill, the damage reduction won't go past 10% or the base amount. When I tamper defend's damage reduction it sets it to 10% maximum unless I restore it back to default
  6. Woodenplank

Well Damage Reduction on berserk set to <-1.0> equals -100% damage taken, making the unit impervious.

Well; spell damage is used by all spells (Storm Bolt, Blizzard, Starfall, etc. etc.) and Magic Damage is a weapon type.
    And they're definitely not identical:
    Magic Vs Spells.png

Also; I checked Gameplay Constants, and you can modify how "Magic Immunity" works. The lines in question are:
    Magic Immunes Resist Damage True/False
    Magic Immunes Resist Leech True/False
    Magic Immunes Resist Thorns True/False
    Magic Immunes Resist Ultimates True/False

They're mostly selfexplanatory, but I think the top one (resist damage) refers to whether they're immune to Magic Damage or not.

Are you sure you're reading the object values correctly? Remember that it's a percentage value so;
    0.10 = 10% damage reduction
    10.0 = 1000% damage reduction

I'm going to assume you typed "10.0"?
    Someone once did something similar with Bloodlust in a version of Azeroth Wars. Was hillarious to see troll headhunters chucking spears at 400% increased attack speed.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

@Woodenplank but if u set mágic inmunity doesnt resist dmg, It would recieve dmg from both mágic básic attack and spells dmg. Right? Or just mágic Since the spell to do spell dmg first needs to target the unit With the skill and u cant due to mágic inmunity? But It would dmg With aoe spells :/
  8. Woodenplank

I don't know. I said I think that's what it does, but I've never changed it.
    Go ahead and try it.
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Going ballistic :D.

Btw, i looked for info about adding team colour to a unit in the hive. And i just found an old tutorial to do It and It needs another tool. Do any of u have that tool and know how to use It? It would Take to u just one min or two to update the few models i want :-)
  10. Woodenplank

Which tool? What tutorial? What?

Also; I assume you mean Lordaeron TF, no? Then make the post in that forum.