1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Gems of the Object Editor

Discussion in 'Map Making' started by Woodenplank, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

No, its for my map: War for Britain.
    http://brigandshaven.net/threads/war-for-britain-map-project.4693/

I was working on the rosters and wante to add team colour to some areas in some few units. I looked for the tuto but it needs a tool i dont have, and it seems like its really simple and quick for someone who has the tool and has practice to use it, since its said step by step and looks easy to do.

Here u have the tuto where it talks about the tool:
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/team-color-in-3dsmax-5.31469/
  2. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

Useful stuff thanks for the information. What about the abilities in the object editor that don't have the "data-" section, how do they work? and when it says "Data- Defence increase" or "Data- Life Regeneration Rate" it asks for a numerical value, how can you tell what or how much it adds/decreases.
  3. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

@Woodenplank
    Have you checked if you could Dark Summon the doomed unit ?
    Just wondering
  4. Sunfall

Sunfall On Silent Wings Map Maker

Awhile ago i figured out how to hook in triggers so that turning on toggled abilities would cause changes in other abilities (most notably level them up or down depending on toggle state) and this is actually used in relation to Putress mana Shield causing the health regeneration from his passive plague to be increased when it's toggled on. if someone from the LTA crew can dig that post up in conversation it might be useful to Post to this thread.
  5. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

With Ctrl+D (show object values as raw data) it will usually tell you whether it's percentage or no.
    This isn't always true though (sometimes Blizzard incorrectly wrote "percentage" when it's "exact value".

Any way... I can only recommend looking at the basic Warcraft 3 value. For example.
    Endurance Aura Movement Speed = [0.10]
    Mountain Giant Hardened Skin Chance to Block = [100.0]
    Critical Strike Chance to Crit = [20.0]

In the case of Critical Strike and Hardened Skin, it is obvious that the percentages are integer values, as they would otherwise give 10000% and 2000% chances.
    For Endurance Aura the case must be a real-percentage, because 0.1% increased movement speed would, of course, be absolutely redundant.

But there's no general rule here, so always use your best judgement.

I don't see why Dark Summoning should not work on Doomed units, although I'm not sure.. Gimme a moment.
    EDIT: I can now confirm that Dark Summoning works on Doomed units. So does Scroll of Town Portal, by the way.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

On a side note do you know if Jass Tile Setter can be run through WeX? I tried it but I keep getting an error
  7. Woodenplank

Not really the thread for it; but either way I can't help you.
    I don't know, sorry.

I don't know what the "Jass Tile Setter" does exactly (?), but maybe some functionality could be replaced with my other tutorial?
  8. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

Ahh, I meant chance; so 10 static chance to deflect is 1000% I guess? But for some reason, the default chance is 30 yet goes down to 10 when I auto-fill it.

upload_2018-2-13_13-55-8.png
  9. Woodenplank

Hmn, that is odd.

It seems Blizzard really fucked with the coding on Defend, because even if you set the value to something ridicuously high (i.e. 100000%) it still won't deflect any attacks.
    And while the game obviously wants the chance to be an integer value (i.e. 30.0 = 30%) as the tooltip says, it seems the Object Editor expects a real number (i.e. 0.30 = 30%).

Sorry, but I really can't help you on this one it seems. I blame Blizzard :p