1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to beat New Dalaran as Scourge/Cult?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by eljais, Aug 9, 2017.

1. eljais

eljais

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello there,

recently i've been playing alot as Scourge, which has grown to become one of my favourite factions. However, i seem to have problems dealing with New Dalaran. I've tried almost everything, attacking from the front while having Sky Barges go in from the back, hit-n-run tactics with frost wyrms and flying nerubians to target their towers and arcane shields, nothing seem to work. Even those few times i tried to aim the capital city itself, it just goes invulnerable for 5 minutes when its close to dying. And i cant get an army in there because they just close the bridge when i'm halfway across and half my army gets decimated while the other half can just sit and watch from the other side.

Do any of you have any solid tactics for dealing with New Dalaran as Scourge/cult? If i just leave it alone, they will launch guerilla attacks to steal my cps and destroy my bases, which is really annoying. And with a good Dalaran, it is really hard to defeat Silverhand/elves when they can just tp in and support. I want to destroy these global teleporters at their roots, but it seems almost impossible to pull off.

Best Regards
    Eljais
  2. Arlt

Arlt Dictator Perpetuo Website Admin

Ratings:
    +1,945 / 29 / -38
    You should use every flying unit you have as cult and scourge - Gargoyles, frostwyrms, flying nerubians and Destroyers. Even your frostwyrm hero (can't remember the name).
    Then aim down the arcane shields one by one, and if possible, the Apexis crystal too. Then they can't deactivate the bridge and you just force yourself in.
    You can also use Sky Barrages and Naxx if you'd like.
    Note that Dalaran should be taken with a well upgraded army and with lots of gold so you can spam. Be careful with your heroes as they can easily be aimed.
    If Dalaran only has Dalaran left, then they can hold for long.
  3. eljais

eljais

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, i didn't know that! That changes things completely. But can't dalaran just build new arcane shields? Or is he limited only to the ones that are already there?
  4. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

Ratings:
    +238 / 11 / -38
    Was the part with apexis crystal a joke or you meant for real.That thing is in fucking Outland.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Arlt

Arlt Dictator Perpetuo Website Admin

Ratings:
    +1,945 / 29 / -38
    He only has 3 Defense crystals and they can't be repaired (except by the spell of Antonidas) and can't be rebuilt. :-)
    He can build generators though.

There is legit an Apexis defense crystal (or Apex Guardian*) on top of Dalaran that is made to attack Naxxramas. I could not make this up if I tried.
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 51 / -118
    Basicaly if Dalaran was fortified by dwarven towers it is impossible to take the city.
    As was said, destroy crystals (they are relativly easy target at the earlygame if you have Sindragosa with your air squad). Send a huge army through bridge and focus on dropping units (aboms and fiends +1 necro) from all sides just to fill the city. You have to overwhelm them.

Another tactic is rushing the main build with siege, air and all the stuff you can get whn Dalaran is busy. You can aim it down in 10 seconds if you are prepared and the shield does not activate
  7. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

Ratings:
    +238 / 11 / -38
    Thats much better then apexis crystal.I realy though you were joking about it until you mentioned apex guardian.
  8. Ske

Ske

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  9. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Okay. No need to fight it then. Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,427 / 7 / -10
    Just to add after Apex Guardian is gone there's pretty much have nothing to counter Naxxramas harass - Cult can slowly dismantle Dalaran building by building unless purple player pays full attention to that (which in return messes up his presense on other alliance fronts).
    Other than that, if Dalaran is alliance last stand and every player is sitting there, you are in for some really painful and irritating siegie...
    • This This x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Acadian

Acadian

Ratings:
    +55 / 6 / -6
    and how often is every freaking alliance member there lol?
    when there is a situation where player from a team is in a main defend-able city with their heroes, of course sieging and taking it wont be easy.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017