1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reduce lags in huge maps in WE?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Q N' A' started by DenIS318, Jun 7, 2018.

1. DenIS318

DenIS318

Hello, recently I collided with problem, lags in WE, especially in 1.29 (I use SharpCraft) unbearable and often cause to crash, so I would ask to brigandshaven mapmakers, how you reduce lags in your huge projects like LTA, LTF, KTA and other, is there any tricks to reduce this lags? My landscaper got crash when he just zoom in/out camera too far or raise terrain, he has laptop and i have PC, so I dont got crash when do same, but what can help him except buying a new laptop or PC? I dont know from who can I ask this except you.
  2. Charcu

Charcu

The editor misbehaves a lot lately, specially after the patch, it might be a good idea to wait until it becomes more stable. From what I know things like Jassnewgen still work "fine" compared to the vanilla editor however you need another warcraft III folder with the version before the patch, if there is no new content from the new patch you should be able to work fine with it. I have a program called Version Switcher which can revert warcraft 3 to previous patches in a matter of seconds, this is particularly useful if you want to keep a warcraft III for playing and another warcraft III (1 patch behind) just for editing.
    So far I haven't had any compatibility issues testing maps by edited with 1.28 Jassnewgen in a fully updated warcraft III, as long as we don't the new content of course.

Also, when I try to see the entire map: I can't do it with the updated editor (it crashes) but I am fine with the WE before the big update patch so it has to be the new editor. I am speaking btw, of a map max-size like LTA, LTF (480x480) however with a more humble amount of units/doodads. As an extra advice, I can tell you the editor dislikes for some reason the pre-placed units, it just hates them, and a good chunk of pre-placed units can easily create more lag than an apocalyptic number of doodas (when editing of course). Aside from that, good luck!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DenIS318

DenIS318

Thank you.
  4. Silroth

Silroth

You cannot reduce lag in WE in 1.29, it seems Blizzard is releasing these patches with intent of axing big custom maps, same patch that fucked over neutrals for ALL custom maps is clear evidence of that and only reason they fixed it is because of huge backlash from players, if you intend to edit big custom maps like LTA/KTA/LTF etc just use older editor and you wont have issues you have with 1.29 editor.
    • This This x 1
  5. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

- Disable the tree view option at bottom left of the edtor.
    - Set max undo limit to something very small, I have mine set to 5.
    • Like Like x 1