1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In anticipation of the final game of thrones episode

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by NikolaT., May 16, 2019 at 21:07.

1. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 5
  2. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

Hahahaha !
    This is a ranting thread right?
    Preface: What an awful season its been....
    1. First two episodes were a waste, typical Game of Thrones "build-up episode". Battle for Winterfell should've been episode 2.
    2. The Battle of Winterfell had some of the worst tactics ive ever seen. Common knowledge not to put trebuchets on the front line, (these guys need to play LTA). And then Arya Blink-Stikes the Night King out of nowhere. Terrible.
    3. Rhaegar (the dragon) get hit 3 for 3 from the scorpions from an insane distance by the Ironfleet and then they cant hit Drogan once at Kings Landing. WTF! there were way better ways to kill him off.
    Atrocious writing, 7 seasons of great cinematic experience to climax like this is such a disappointment. Definitely voting for a rewrite.
    • This This x 5
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Plus nonsensical Dothraki charge into death as the first engagement of the battle. I mean sure it was cool af to see the magnificent wave of fire extinguished by the Night King's forces so quick... BUT it was stupid as fuck and they could have made an equally or more epic scene if they just had it changed to a giant flanking maneuver after the infantry was already engaged. They could have still made the flank fail and be a disaster BUT at least they weren't retarded and they played well.
    That way they could attribute their deaths down to White Walker's superiority and power instead of pure autism on the part of the good guys.
    • This This x 2
  4. Spectator

Spectator Gameplay First! Donator

TBH the show has been going downhill for a long time I'm just surprised people are realizing it now. It started with making Stannis burn his daughter which made no freaking sense from his Character and then you had the "20 good men"

Then you had the freaking Dorne plot which was a mess with bad pussy meanwhile Arya's plot was kinda boring and made no sense in the Assasian training.

These were in seasons 5-6 through rest of those seasons were enjoyable. These were definitely signs that D&D is out of book material and they are terrible writers without GRRMs material.

Then you had season 7 which was terrible as a whole mostly. They turned Baelish from a player into a total moron with their dumb Winterfell plot meanwhile everyone else was teleporting around.

Then there is season 8 and my expectations couldn't be lower from what I've seen in 5-6 and mainly in 7. Yet somehow I was still surprised at how bad this is. All these setups and they coming to waste with terrible execution. SMH, I swear GRRM gave D&D this terrible ending on purpose and did not guide them on not being morons on purpose. He did this so now everyone who wants to find out the proper endings now has to buy his books. That's some next level game of thrones moves I reckon.
    • This This x 3
  5. NikolaT.

D&D managed to expertly subvert everyone's expectations, all that is left for me to do is sit back, relax and most importantly keep up the Bobby B posting.
    HE WAS RIGHT! HAIL TO THE KING!
    [​IMG]
    I for one can't wait for him to show up in the next episode and boddy slam Daenerys and her horde of rapists and lunatics into the ground, while shouting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 15:05
  6. NikolaT.

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 5
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Grr Martin: "The series are better they said. The series go faster. The books are forgotten. The books have too much characters. The writer is lazy and doesnt know how to end the books they said... Behold, how the game of thrones is played, you dont need to hurry, but prepare your plan quietly as Doran, and let your rivals to destroy themselves, and when everybody hates them and the World rages on chaos, you do your move, appearing as the Prince promised, and giving them the true story they were always waiting for."

Chaos is a Ladder
    • This This x 2
  8. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post inquisitor and heretic caller. Brigand

The fact that this actually is what happened amuses me xd
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Well, being accurate he only guessed half of the pic. What trully happened was:
    upload_2019-5-20_17-4-37.png

:D
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

I´ve been ranting all day, an absolutely tragic finale to an epic story. I didn´t like the way things went down in season 7 but i mean atleast it looked good, was entertaining to watch even though all the teleporting didnt make sense. But season 8 has just been a smack in the face, and this ending.

My guess was that they were gonna make Gendry king, and I thought that was a bad. Now I wish they´d gone for Gendry, atleast he has a theoretical claim to the throne. I swear to god this is like if Star wars ended the franchise by saying "hey heres your new emperor and jedi master - Jar jar binks!".
    • This This x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1