1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kalimdor: the Aftermath - Changelog 0.23 (prepatch)

Discussion in 'Kalimdor: the Aftermath' started by spinel, Feb 20, 2018.

?

Should big patch be divided into more smaller ones?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Excalibur

Excalibur

Ratings:
    +97 / 5 / -2
    Summon workers is an item.Can facilitate player games.
    Translating maps does not require an unprotected version.
    Just like I translated LTA and LTF, extract the map text and add it back after translation.
    I have translated 20 maps and never asked for an unprotected version. I believe I can solve this problem.;)
    Happy work!
  2. Excalibur

Excalibur

Ratings:
    +97 / 5 / -2
    Like this.:D
    {)0]6`H]I591~MPF0CQMDP6.png
  3. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +818 / 27 / -55
    Brown is seriously under powered vs purple.
    Never had a game in which brown won vs purple, and I play as both purple and brown.
  4. lynkanek

lynkanek

Ratings:
    +12 / 2 / -2
    Shield in suramar is not showing for enemies if main building is not revealed
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +658 / 18 / -61
    Okay a few changes you'll have to do for next versions :
    First about Legion, nerf damage on siege by 30 and make them use ups
    They can still hit air, while I thought it was fixed

About Burning Blade, I know this path is not solo path but it's the weakest path Oj got
    Change training hotkey on Warlocks to W, and Blademasters to Q
    Increase limite on Blade to 12
    Increase siege limite from 5 to 6, especially when most races have 6 or even 8
    Neeru or whatever his name is, needs a complete spell set revamp

I don't understand what the first spell is supposed to do, if its some kind of nova or anything
    No need to talk about second
    Third should not use caster's hp but be aoe heal as emperor
    Ultimate should at least be something like rain of chaos or a strong infernal with big aoe
    Current one is a meme, 1600 hp summon with cleave and frenzy kek

What I propose :
    1) Flamestrike
    2) Mana Drain
    3) Aoe Heal
    4) Rain of Chaos/Infernal
    (Let's remember that's his only hero, and he scales on varok which has the less xp among all oj heroes)

About elites, the rain of fire is weaker than ogre magi one, so double damage and one more wave
    Banish can stay it's good even though duration is low
    And as third spell some kind of spirit link or rather fel link to improve survivibility of grunts
    Even with full armor ups, they aren't good on late game

I'd also like a second caster but I think it's not for now yet
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +185 / 6 / -20
    Something should be done with the Druids of the Claw (I think that's how they're called, the bear shape shifters of Druids). Right now they have only one ability (Roar) and 2 forms, one of them is useless and the other one is a tanky bear form, and they start out in the useless form. Why even have the Useless form? I mean the whole name "Useless form" is a hint that it's existence is not justified (okay it's not literally called like that but it really should). ;o
    And also the shipyard that starts off for Teal in the island to the south-east is kinda useless as well, there is a small puddle of water just east of/under it and when you start building ships they will be built in that puddle, the puddle of water is not connected to the main body of water in the ocean so my ships were stuck there even after I destroyed the shipyard, took a screenshot of it:
    Snapshot - 3.png

Edit: And about Brown, all of their buildings look the same to me, both in icons and as actual visuals, played a few times with them and damn I could not differentiate between a barracks, an altar, a shop, a blacksmith or caster building OR ANYTHING! :D heroes too....

Edit2: and also on my topic, the adept training for Druids of the Claw is useless (gives no new ability).
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  7. lynkanek

lynkanek

Ratings:
    +12 / 2 / -2
    as naga (and probably other races too) when you control main zandalari building (one on the island) you can make his events build his workers, buildings and units
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +185 / 6 / -20
    Please allow the Chimeras for Teal to be attainable by getting either Remulos or Fandral up there to contact them instead of it being possible only with Fandral. (Also this is a weird event, idk why we even have it lol)
    Also would be nice to give Remulos an item to summon wisps too, the reason being that wisps sacrifice themselves to make Ancients so having 3 wisps is kinda not enough to make a real base. :]

EDIT: Actually, now that I tested it out, I can say that it is ABSOLUTELY needed to have more then just 3 wisps for teal to make a base, with those 3 I can only make 3 buildings (unless I am expected to make one main worker producing building first but that would take lot of micro and time for such a basic thing), and I tried to be sneaky and then summon more wisps while the buildings were still in the process of growing and the game told me to fuck myself, of course it didn't actually write "Fuck you!"; instead it just destroyed my buildings that were in the still under construction but I got the message.

Edit2: And why do we use the Ancient that is by default a shop as the Ancient of Lore while the real Ancient of Lore model and icons are unused? The Ancient of Wonders model that we currently (that we currently use for the spellcaster production building for Druids) have doesn't even have a unit producing animation built into it cuz it was not intended as a unit producing building, it confuses me. lol

Edit3: Druids should start off with one Ancient of Wonders (shop) building in Moonglade, also one shop should exist for Sentinels in Astanaar preferably or Auberdine and Feathermoon island base, oh and Auberdine (the Night Elf port close to Darnassus) should have a named main building. :-)
    The Ancient of Wild in the Druids part of the Feathermoon Island (off the south-west coast of Kalimdor) does not have path choices to be researched, it should have them because it acts as a main building and trains wisps (but it's different from a basic main building because it has a Safety aura for armor buff).
    One of the Faerie Dragons at the Cenarion Hold in Shilitus stays neutral passive when Druids gets the base there. There is a useless research (that should enable druids of talon to cast faerie fire while in bird form but in KTA they can't cast any abilities) in the Ancient of Wind in Moonglade that is left over from the vanilla counterpart to building lol.
    The Ironfur ability for the druid hero you gain in Cenarion Hold says that it's an aura but actually it's not an aura, it's just a passive personal ability that only he has, and it does not stack with the Thorns Aura from Fandral so it's absolutely useless (thought the map is littered with many tooltip and grammatical errors so idk, not so surprising). :p
    Chimeras should benefit from ranged defense upgrades instead of melee defense upgrades. And I'd make the waygate from Cenarion Hold to Feathermoon Stronghold base vulnerable after Cenarion Hold falls.

Please do give Druids an actual Moon Well (one at least lol!) in Moonglade, silly that they start off without one, not including the cosmetic one that is just part of the scenery. :]

And finally, please rename the Cenarion Enclave in Darnassus to Teldrassil or change the text in the tooltip for Nightmare and cleansing of Fandral so that I actually know what I need instead of telling me that I need Teldrassil but there not existing a building that is called that way lol (even though I know by lore where it is).
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  9. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +658 / 18 / -61
    Agreed for Chims
    Not for wisps, NE have an absolutly crazy amount of wood harvesting in a very short amount of time
    Don't forget that you can add the summone wisps to wood prod
    NE have an extreme advantage over all the other races
    What could be good would be to give Xavius or Remulos summon after Nightmare
    One more reason, that I don't really wanna talk, but you can abuse summons to get infinite wisps ...

What you need to remember, is to always have a forward base with a tree of life, insta kill your wisps with dispell ability, and reproduce them where you want

About the ancient, it might using a skin for nightmare building which is why it cannot be used for normal NE
  10. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 8 / -10
    Ok, so what would you need me to do? I am not promising that i will do it... just gathering info now.

So, stronger starting setting?

Well, dont know what to do about it. :(

Thx

Well no, it would not make sense but i may add some tooltip.

I think i owe you all and apology.
    I promised map to be out by end of last week but i got pretty serious issue to deal with. Youa re propably tired of my "issues" and not tellign you what these issues are so here are some details:
    As some of you might now, i joined W3 comunity like 6-7 years ago when i was badly injured. I broke my L2 vertebra and fell in love with W3 editing while hospitilised. I've been around here bothering good people since then but some time ago, person very dear to me got pretty much the same injury but with some complications. I cant really do much not really because i would not have time to do it but because i spend most of my time in pretty dark and sad mood. Today she had another surgery and things are finaly starting to look brighter but it sadly does not neceserily mean that i will have more free time. I will have to be here for her and truth to be told its hard to be alone in KTAs editing. I will definetly release this and next version as soon as possible but beyond that... i have no idea what will happen.
    • Like Like x 4